Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

"Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina (14564 Views)

Nasir Yammama: The Founder Of Verdant: The Farmer's Mobile Companion / Nigeria Will Start Exporting Yams To Europe In June 2017 – Agric Minister, Ogbeh / PHOTOS: Eko Rice Will Be Ready In Six Months- Akinwunmi Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Seun(m): 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2015
When there was a flood in this country in 2012, everybody panicked. President Jonathan didn't panic. People said there was going to be food crisis.

I remember I went to him, I had all my detailed analysis done. "Mr President, people are telling you that we're gonna have food crisis. No. You didn't choose the shock, but we choose our response."

The president had that day on his desk quite a lot of people that had sent him letters asking for waivers to bring in food, to flood the country with food.

The president didn't listen to them, he called his minister of Agriculture - that's a great leader - and he said, "Can we survive? Do you think we are going to survive?" "Mr president", I said, "we're going to survive if you help us to do dry season rice. "

I gave him the plan. He took his pen. He uses green pen. And he cancelled every single one of those things on his desk, asking for waivers. He said "Akin", as he normally calls me, "go get the job done".

Today, he launched dry season farming program, the first president in the history of this country, to launch a programme for national dry season farming. So we can produce food during the main season. Food, during the dry season. All across the north of this country, he started. And that is why we've been able to boost so much food production.

Farmers, young people, that used to leave the north to come and work in Lagos or Abuja as meiguards or night guards and stuff like that, they stopped. We're creating lots of jobs. Agriculture sector alone in terms of farm jobs ... we've been able to do 3.2 million farm jobs.

You go ask people. Not on the Internet. Not on Facebook. You go ask them in Jigawa. You go Ask them in Katsina. Ask them in Sokoto. Ask them in Kano. Ask them in Bauchi, and ask them in Gombe. They'll tell you that there is no other person that has loved farmers more, supported farmers more, encouraged them more, and been there for them all the time.

He truly is the farmer's president. And he truly is the farmer's president because he loves farmers ... he supports farmers. And I believe that the farmers are going to want him back, because the farmers don't want to be naked. They want the clothing on their bodies. And they are not going to lose that to just empty promises from others.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is the farmer's president, and the farmers are for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfgbqMY14U

How true are these claims? Unfortunately they didn't show any of the farmers "not on the Internet" that benefitted from the project, so ...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Handsomeemmy(m): 3:22pm On Feb 20, 2015
The president team did a great Job in Agriculture, I Believe there is room to do more if he and his agricultural team are given much opportunity.

Even the opposition party can not deny the fact that He did well, except those who have sold their souls to the devil and see nothing good with this administration that will say otherwise.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2015
100 percent. Gej till 2019.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2015
You go ask them in Jigawa. You go Ask them in Katsina. Ask them in Sokoto. Ask them in Kano. Ask them in Bauchi, and ask them in Gombe.

Sadly, the beneficiaries are abokís. Very bad they wont vote for GEJ.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by MrPresident1: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
This Akinwumi too like big big grammer.

Anyways, GEJ TILL THY KINGDOME COME grin grin

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Koroaso: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by free2ryhme: 3:29pm On Feb 20, 2015
Ok though

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Kentrasso(f): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Our president. cheesy

17 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by lilmax(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Very true cool

8 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Sijo01(f): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
Lmao @the farmer's president.
Gej till 2019

31 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by meshacha1: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
GEJ for now is still far better than Buhari.

Hit like if you agree

142 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by jethro2: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2015
The beneficiary of this government agricultural programmes are mainly political farmers and corporate farmers that has little link or no link to farm at all.
Majority of smallholders farmers that constitute the main producers of food crops never gets any form of assistance from the government.

4 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by CLEARINGAGENT: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
hmmmmm, diff point popping up election saga.
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by ozoigbondu: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Jonathan achievement and focus on the agricultural sector is unmatched by any past adminstation

19 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by free2ryhme: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Pdp in real desperation

3 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by macjonesiorkase(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by allanphash7(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Not only farmer but fisherman aswell

How much is a bag of rice as at today?
How much is garri

Even beans that is not everybody eat it is even more expensive than rice

Nonsense

Wo! Sai baba joor
sai baba jare

9 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by lacasa: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
For them mind

I come from a society of Farmers, and I haven't seen one supporting or planning to vote for the Fisherman

He is not a Farmer's President, He is a militant's President.

#Fact!

Sai Baba Buhari!

11 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by slade31: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Magana abunchi ba wasa

2 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Abiagirl777(f): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
I concur, may God bless him for that but I must say, govt should also support farmers in the south so that no region will be neglected
I have noticed that majority of GEJ's giant strides are in the north,; almajiri schools, universities, railways,boko fight, why then do they hate him so much.
GEJ till 2019

39 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by emgees(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by hotswagg12: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
GEJ has done so much in the agricultural sector and the minister of agriculture is working so hard to achieve that. No wonder Gov. Knwankwaso(APC) named a farm after the minister of agriculture. Well done GEJ and our hardworking minister. Please vote for continuity...vote GEJ for a better Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by firstolalekan(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2015
Really

1 Like

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
A servant has no choice than to praise his master...

2 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Babysho(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
Shi sha
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by lilflipnerd: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
without peace n power in dis country.
Agric cant grow

i need a Graduate Job

employers

contact
grakem58@gmail.com or pm
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Crown01: 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
I gave GEJ a pass mark on the Agrix sector. Thumbs up for Akinwumi.

Buhari all the Way.[r]

6 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by Niwdog(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20, 2015
So true.
Gej deserve vote from all farmers in nigeria

14 Likes

Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by koolet: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
how
Re: "Goodluck Jonathan: The Farmer's President" - Agric Minister Akinwunmi Adeshina by petrov10: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2015
Some people won't like this news

But I say phock em all retrogressive punks
President gej rocks

Till 2019

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Start Snail Farming With 40,000 Naira Only? Directives From Old Farmers. / SONGHAI FARMS TRAINING: Let's Plan & Attend Together / Dwarf hybrid pawpaw Seed & Seedling Is Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.