Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,858 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert (23406 Views)

Four Million Nigerians Have Type 2 Diabetes — Study / 1.8 Million Nigerians Suffering Glaucoma / FG Unveils Free Health Services To 100 Million Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by sweetcocoa(f): 11:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
I believe the actual number is way higher than that.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
haywire1:

See them acknowledging each other, una don found each other. 2 out of 21million grin
lol.. if I hear
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by DesChyko: 11:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
haywire1:

See them acknowledging each other, una don found each other. 2 out of 21million grin
Hehehehe.. What is your room number? grintongue
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by VickyRotex(f): 11:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
DesChyko:

Yes. You're here too. Excellent to have you heregrin.. One big family..

You mean one big family of Psycho shocked

Seun, where are you please??
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by DesChyko: 11:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
Rennee:

lol.. finally met my mad big brother Deschyko *hugs him*
shocked shocked

Don't shout itgringrin.. I'm undercover cool
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by DesChyko: 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2015
VickyRotex:

You mean one big family of Psycho shocked

Seun, where are you please??

The janitor? He's outside the gate nahgrin.. Preventing the 20 million still outside from pouring in
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
meshacha1:
Do you mean almost 1% of Nigerians are insane?
If you minus children's and elderly people, what's remaining?
This shows the person that analysed the statistics is insane.

Hit like if you are sane joor!
ALMOST 1%? OVER 10%. 21MILLION HE SAID

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by baby124: 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
20million are in politics. From president to PA. In both opposition and ruling parties. All mad. If it is not obvious that Nigeria has been infiltrated by people needing to be locked up tight in mental institutions, I don't know what can be more obvious. Especially the ones always fighting for political extensions or positions.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by haywire1: 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
DesChyko:

Hehehehe.. What is your room number? grintongue

shocked shocked shocked , Room 421, no biting pls grin
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by VickyRotex(f): 11:37pm On Feb 23, 2015
DesChyko:

The janitor? He's outside the gate nahgrin.. Preventing the 20 million still outside from pouring in

Oh Seun, this is getting out of hand... Injection has finished... sad
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
DesChyko:
shocked shocked

Don't shout itgringrin.. I'm undercover cool
lmao..
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by am0s(m): 11:41pm On Feb 23, 2015
nobody mention shekau nd his boys nd girls nd children blowin dier village
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Shiifi(m): 11:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
sai buhari
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by giddykay: 11:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Can't just stop laughing at various conceptions...##.so funny anyway#
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by graciousolo(m): 11:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Mental illness could be depression. Nigeria and Nigerian should start utilising her psychologists and psychiatrists. So many Nigerians need mental care. Some people are unconsciously influenced by negative childhood experience,people like this can be helped through psychoanalysis. Mental health should be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Lexusgs430: 11:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
When our Governments have not invested enough in General and Acute sector, what hope does the Mental health sector have ?
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by bamigbadeii: 12:00am On Feb 24, 2015
Are u guyz doubting him, his saying the fact, Fayose is number 1
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Faraidi(m): 12:01am On Feb 24, 2015
afuye:
This disclosure was made by the Medical Director of the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital (FNH),Yaba, Lagos, Rahman Lawal.

21 million Nigerians are currently living with psychiatric disorders, according to an expert.
This disclosure was made by the Medical Director of the Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital (FNH),Yaba, Lagos, Rahman Lawal.

Dr. Lawal also spoke, in an interview with ThisDay, on the misconceptions surrounding mental illnesses in Nigeria and the incessant strikes by medical professionals in the country.

Excerpts can be found on the links below:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201502191101.html

http://naijafussion..com/2015/02/21-million-nigerians-have-mental.html
Governor Amaechi is one of them.

1 Like

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 24, 2015
graciousolo:
Mental illness could be depression. Nigeria and Nigerian should start utilising her psychologists and psychiatrists. So many Nigerians need mental care. Some people are unconsciously influenced by negative childhood experience,people like this can be helped through psychoanalysis. Mental health should be taken seriously.
What's your story? You seem to know much about mental illness...
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by delors(m): 12:03am On Feb 24, 2015
Oh boy, e be like say na on Nairaland 20million of the 21million dey o...I sure.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by tecmon: 12:09am On Feb 24, 2015
Some quotable quotes from mentally problematic nigerians
1. i borrowed N25m to buy nomination form but my wife donated N135m to IDPs grin
2. You can blow off my head but dont touch my penis , i need it in supporter of APC paradise grin
3. if you vote for me i will give you a free baboon, but if dont i will kill your dog and bath my baboon with its blood
4. im in UK to campaign for offshore votes, because offshore votes from people who dont have PVC counts grin
5. we have used submarines to deliver PVC to 80% of people hiding in lake Chad, but the sharks in Lagos lagoon wont let our danfo buses cross Third mainland bridge

pls add more
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 24, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
You are advocating for Change? Ok! After
jonathan, this is *a real Change*. Old
cargo who is surrounded with corrupt
Toronto and canada fraudstars can not
bring meaningful change than bad
change...Alh Gani O Galadima for
president. Sai Galadima! Sai Nigeria
cheesy look @ his Dragon nose sef.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by 19naia(m): 12:14am On Feb 24, 2015
the first on the list are the corupt politicians, followed by the cultists and ambitious pastors with $ in their eyes...
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 24, 2015
true talk. the members of old PDP + old CPC= millions of mad people in Nigeria cheesy

PROOF
- they tear and eat up billboards
- they burn down properties belonging to the FG
- they luv to see bloodshed
-they are quick to criticize positive growths in Nigeria
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 24, 2015
true talk. the members of old PDP + old CPC= millions of mad people in Nigeria cheesy

PROOF
- they tear and eat up billboards
- they burn down properties belonging to the FG
- they luv to see bloodshed
-they are quick to criticize positive growths in Nigeria
- they make a funny sound sayin,' sai buhari or sai papa'
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by philips70(m): 12:31am On Feb 24, 2015
afuye:

21 million Nigerians are currently living with psychiatric disorders, according to an expert.

Dr. Lawal also spoke, in an interview with ThisDay, on the misconceptions surrounding mental illnesses in Nigeria and the incessant strikes by medical professionals in the country.

Excerpts can be found on the links below:

http://allafrica.com/stories/201502191101.html

http://naijafussion..com/2015/02/21-million-nigerians-have-mental.html

FFK must be occupying position 1 to 10 of this number whilst Fayose takes 11 to 20. A large chunk is on Nairaland and you can spread the rest on other politicians in the PDP and APC.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by CORRECTMAN78(m): 12:33am On Feb 24, 2015
The guy is vry correct, check APC supporters nah. They pass that numberself. Nobody contest no1 with Tinubu. No2 is liar Mohamed, no3 is Alegbeshola, just in this order.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 24, 2015
pseoas:

[img]http://3.bp..com/-TdyNrO8d6mc/VOtb4p-Q_PI/AAAAAAAAAf0/tYVmEr2TTuA/s1600/ks.png[/img]

You are actually one of them. Posting this rubbish picture for attention.
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 24, 2015
Why do some pple reason like they ain't educated, mental illness doesn't necessarily mean you're insane... anxiety disorder is a mental illness, ptsd and depression is a mental disorder which is also known as psychopathology
Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by graciousolo(m): 12:43am On Feb 24, 2015
Rennee:

What's your story? You seem to know much about mental illness...
Hon, I'm studying psychology,I chose that course because its evident that Nigerians need us. And I want to be able to help. So many mental problems are taking to clergymen instead.

I intend to also create awareness for the importance and utilisation of professional mental health care givers,psychologists,counsellors e.t.c.

The right mental treatment can change a lot of things like self esteem,self worth,right career choice e.t.c.

That's a tip 'of my story'. Thanks for asking...

1 Like

Re: 21 Million Nigerians Have Mental Problems – Expert by Baddestguyp(m): 12:44am On Feb 24, 2015
rileyy:

Dirty slutty "lie" and you know it, dementia!
not a lie bro, never left my phone since morning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Truth About Polio Vaccine And Mosquito Treated Nets? / Quarantine Yourselves If You Notice Symptoms Of Coronavirus- Governors Forum / Health Expert Warns: Any Food Eaten After 8pm Is Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.