Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence (1210 Views)

Eliminate Mouth/Body odor today!!! / How To Overcome Shyness This Year / Will She Ever Regain Her Husband's Confidence, Trust And Respect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence by Buildingthelife(m): 10:44pm On Feb 20, 2015
Take it from someone who was once drowned in the feeling of apprehension and awkwardness during social encounters, or better still one with a P.HD in diffidence (being shy), there is nothing that gives you an upper hand than boldness. Although shyness is in-born, with practice it can be eliminated. You probably feel like dissolving in class when asked a question (not because you don’t know the answer, but because you are not bold), or you feel like walking into the earth when you walk pass pretty ladies or handsome guys as the case may be, or even looking someone straight up and having a simple conversation seems to be like an exam set by Einstein, then the word “shy” defines you. Well, it doesn’t always have to be like this, if I could be self-confident, I don’t see anyone who can’t.

I remember vividly back in high school, if I were to take a walk down the students hall, my walking pattern would change to something hilarious, or when going up to make a speech, my whole body would vibrate continuously, courtesy of diffidence. Well, all that has changed now. If you are struggling to overcome this feeling of awkwardness, you are few minutes away from discovering how to eliminate it. Ensure that you read to the end.

Understand and accept the fact that you are shy: This is the first step to eliminating shyness. Understand that you are painfully shy, and make it clear to yourself that you are shy and accept the fact. The more you try to resist it, the more it prevails. I know for a fact that you cannot resist what is in-born; but you can nurture it and learn to manage it at first, and then follow the next steps outlined.

Track the scenarios when this feeling envelops you: It is important that you take note of the situations when you get this feeling. Find out what situations trigger it. Track the root. Do you feel shy around pretty ladies, or in class, or even among relatives and friends. Knowing the various occasions when you would shiver even when the sun is up, when your body would vibrate profusely as if you just ran a marathon, or when your posture would change as though you were in a beauty pageant. Knowing these triggers will make you aware and prepared of what is to come. During the time of preparations, you could practice what to say and the answers to give to every question asked. This way you learn control over diffidence a little.

Challenge your thoughts: About 70% of the reasons you are shy is because of the negative ideas we allow into our minds. If you think; ‘No, I can’t talk with that man, his not my class’, or ‘no I can’t be in a meeting, where I have to sit in front’, and although you know for sure that talking to that man, or being in that meeting would most likely be of help to you, you still abstain from it because of your thoughts. Challenge negative thoughts and rewire your brain to think positively, if you are to develop self-confidence.

Try to mix up with people: Of course, shy people are not the most social, so this stage is often difficult for some. Like back then, I would send a friend of mine to help get a certain persons’ contact that I would like to commune with. I would often say whatever I want over the internet or via the phone and act as if I never knew the person the next day. Well, quite expected, as I continued with the conversation online, it gradually turned into a relationship, and transferred to a face to face dialogue. So, find what method works for you and mix up with people. This would give your self-confidence a huge boost.

Watch television shows and read books: It is not a debate, shy people don’t know how to start a conversation, maybe a few, but they can barely keep the conversation going, now that’s where television shows and books come to play. Television shows would give you interesting topics you could invite to your conversation and make you look cool. This way, there doesn’t need to be that odd 5-10 seconds of silence during the conversation. Reading books is also another way you could integrate great ideas and keep your conversation flowing.

Dress smart: Like everyone knows, the way you dress, is the way you’ll be addressed, and the way you are addressed gives you that sense of boldness or low self esteem. Always try your best to look smart and you’d just be surprised how high you’d raise your shoulders without having to shake.

Practice standing tall: Just next to your dressing is your posture. We all know walking with your head bowed down to the ground depicts shyness. This is why this issue should be noted. Practice walking upright with your head held up high.. (not complete)
Read full post hERE>>>> http://buildingthelife.com/how-to-eliminate-shyness-and-develop-self-confidence/
Re: How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence by agoadiv(m): 11:02pm On Feb 20, 2015
Just dat two things??u nid beatings op angry
Re: How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence by braine(m): 12:34am On Feb 21, 2015
agoadiv:
Just dat two things??u nid beatings op angry
i tell you. See the long story sef.

1 Like

Re: How To Eliminate Shyness And Develop Self- Confidence by agoadiv(m): 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
braine:
i tell you. See the long story sef.
no mind am

(1) (Reply)

My Baby Scream Surprised Us / How Do You Cope Losing A Loved One / See The Big Snake This Guy Killed In His Farm And He Is Going To Eat It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.