Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m (24036 Views)

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / CGPA Of OAU Best Graduating Engineering Students From 1987 / Ambrose Ali University Hikes Freshers Fees by 200% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by stinggy(m): 7:55am On Feb 21, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by busar(m): 7:55am On Feb 21, 2015
If I carry that money enter Unilag, I go do confirm business, marry, finish school and collect change. Mtchwww

5 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by kunlenkirol(m): 7:59am On Feb 21, 2015
I don't blame private universities, I blame those who patronise them. Well, when the wards can't pass JAMB, they will go through the back door to achieve their aim. I don't see why people should send their wards to private universities in the first place. When Federal Universities and State Universities are there. To start with, not that their graduates are doing that well in the labour market, even academically, they are found wanton. They can't compete with their mates from federal and state universities. The other time in my Master classes, there were these boys from one of the private universities, who couldn't even make a presentation. I am not here to malign anybody or any school. What I am saying is that, government and the public should look inward and do the necessary to checklist and checkmate these anomalies being perpetrated by the private universities. Let them do d needful!

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by watchindelta(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2015
After all dis ish no work aba undecided make who nah learn handwork u ppl say nah school grin > grin
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by eromspete(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2015
If I will pay this amount for my child, I'd rather send her to S/Africa or Europe to school.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by thebestprice(m): 8:11am On Feb 21, 2015
we ARE very serious
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 21, 2015
i dont get dis private univ. stuff,instead i wld spend such cash on my kids to iceland,germany,south africa et al to get better quality on such fees and not just one priv univ in our rotten educational system.in south africa d fees aint upto 1m self.

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Benosaks(m): 8:17am On Feb 21, 2015
Dey should not complain at all.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by adbokus(m): 8:20am On Feb 21, 2015
barcanista:
Well it is a private institution, so not my business
barcanista:
barcanista:
bro itz an institution in nigeria here! contrary to general opinion, nt all who go to private unis are jamb residues, most did quite well in the utme. and most go to these unis because of the pressure on public unis which tend to waste the time of prospective undergrads, nt because dey are rich or smtim. infact most students in private unis are frm just comfortable families not wealthy..ma pt, dis should be a collective fight cos dis is an abuse and rape of the nigerian populace...
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by jerrymej(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2015
2.6mil?
I see.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by jerflakes(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2015
ayobase:
how much did Afe himself pay as a law undergraduate at UI?

My brother is a victim of this daylight robbery with 400 level in view.

Though, government is yet to accredit the school, but we mustn't compromise the fact that the school is SOUND.

I wouldnt blame the school authority, I blame the parents who still went ahead with payments despite the hikes from 900,000 to 1.7M without mumbling.

Believe me, they wanted adding 1M to make it 2.7M, but adding 900,000 to make it 2.6M makes the figure a bit appealing.

this is unacceptable and mustn't be allowed to stay.

Or do they think na only children of the rich dey attend the school?
Na from pure water, pepper, rice, beans et al. gains we dey pay my brother's fee o.

we no go gree o.

All this noise you dey make, you think say na federal or state university you dey so?
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Genea(f): 8:24am On Feb 21, 2015
after paying all dar,dey wud still be poured out into d same job market
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Genea(f): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2015
adbokus:

bro itz an institution in nigeria here! contrary to general opinion, nt all who go to private unis are jamb residues, most did quite well in the utme. and most go to these unis because of the pressure on public unis which tend to waste the time of prospective undergrads, nt because dey are rich or smtim. infact most students in private unis are frm just comfortable families not wealthy..ma pt, dis should be a collective fight cos dis is an abuse and rape of the nigerian populace...
collective for wah pls enlighten me ,cos its dier money and dey chose to take dem dere ,if dey cant pay,let dem withdraw,u have d money to pay for a private uni like dat,y didnt u just fly ur kids abroad, cos i see no advantage in sending dem to glorified sec schs
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by r0cky(m): 8:29am On Feb 21, 2015
Amusaopeyemi:
If you can afford to pay 1.6million naira then an extra 1million naira should not be a big deal na. Abi? undecided undecided

By the way 350k for accommodation? That's like for 2years 2bedroom flat rent here in ikorodu.
Shey ID card and course registration money is not supposed to be part of the tuition ni? Why 5k and 10k? undecided undecided
350k for a 2 years?? that's very cheap! can't get such around here.. makes me wonder about the quality of the apt
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by eagleeye2: 8:31am On Feb 21, 2015
ayobase:
how much did Afe himself pay as a law undergraduate at UI?

My brother is a victim of this daylight robbery with 400 level in view.

Though, government is yet to accredit the school, but we mustn't compromise the fact that the school is SOUND.

I wouldnt blame the school authority, I blame the parents who still went ahead with payments despite the hikes from 900,000 to 1.7M without mumbling.

Believe me, they wanted adding 1M to make it 2.7M, but adding 900,000 to make it 2.6M makes the figure a bit appealing.

this is unacceptable and mustn't be allowed to stay.

Or do they think na only children of the rich dey attend the school?
Na from pure water, pepper, rice, beans et al. gains we dey pay my brother's fee o.

we no go gree o.
Abeg make we hear.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 21, 2015
adbokus:

How should it be a collective fight when the institution isn't run with public money? Honestly, the only option is either to quit or to pay
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by adbokus(m): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2015
kunlenkirol:
I don't blame private universities, I blame those who patronise them. Well, when the wards can't pass JAMB, they will go through the back door to achieve their aim. I don't see why people should send their wards to private universities in the first place. When Federal Universities and State Universities are there. To start with, not that their graduates are doing that well in the labour market, even academically, they are found wanton. They can't compete with their mates from federal and state universities. The other time in my Master classes, there were these boys from one of the private universities, who couldn't even make a presentation. I am not here to malign anybody or any school. What I am saying is that, government and the public should look inward and do the necessary to checklist and checkmate these anomalies being perpetrated by the private universities. Let them do d needful!
NUC is the irresponsible one here. they are supposed to be the regulatory body for unis. indeed, private unis in nigeria are an anomaly brot abt by the rot in public uni system. most people sought admisn in the more quality public unis bt to no avail nt because of bad jamb score bt cos of lack of capacity of the public unis. in any case nothing justifies dis abominatn calld abuad particularly with regards to dis issue..people dis school is really an abominatn designd to milk dry all within it's walls. if u doubt dis, try spending a week within the school whn the studnt are on sessn...
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:37am On Feb 21, 2015
onyeguy:
Ok Buhari should show us his certificate also cheesy cheesy cheesy please
U re sick in d head. Useless post.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by ayobase(m): 8:41am On Feb 21, 2015
jerflakes:

All this noise you dey make, you think say na federal or state university you dey so?

na local government university I dey.

and pls, never should you quote me again.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by jerflakes(m): 8:42am On Feb 21, 2015
ayobase:

na local government university I dey.

and pls, never should you quote me again.

Local noise maker
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by ayobase(m): 8:43am On Feb 21, 2015
eagleeye2:

Abeg make we hear.

tell me wetin u wan hear.

and if nothing, pls stay off quoting me.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by ayobase(m): 8:44am On Feb 21, 2015
jerflakes, I am sure you are educated with a rational mind to do the right thing.

You are free to come up with your opinion. Mine was stated.

pls, respect urself.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by jerflakes(m): 8:45am On Feb 21, 2015
[quote author=ayobase][/quote]

Local noise maker
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by bbjummy: 8:50am On Feb 21, 2015
Ekiti, the fountain of knowledge. Haba! Afe babalola changing levels. It's not a must to school there anyways.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 21, 2015
r0cky:
350k for a 2 years?? that's very cheap! can't get such around here.. makes me wonder about the quality of the apt
It's a very nice apartment o, big sitting room, each room has its own bath and toilet, plus the kichen has a store too. It is a new house sef, with gate and fence. It is 150 for a year.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by tompat86(m): 9:05am On Feb 21, 2015
great move by the school management

Quote me make thunder fire U!
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 21, 2015
After paying 2.7m, you ll get the same education as a uniben student who paid 20k. You ll graduate and enter the same labour market, and compete for the same jobs. Your school fees will not give you an edge. It won't dignify you in any way......... Not hating, just saying
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by peemyke(f): 9:11am On Feb 21, 2015
Na wa for school business o...ID card wey b N500 Infact highest 1k. N5,000 ki ni. Nah gold plated ID card? undecided

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 21, 2015
the thing is they are running their school at a high cost n in order to balance thier books dey feel the students should bear the brunt which is unfair
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 21, 2015
dicefrost:
After paying 2.7m, you ll get the same education as a uniben student who paid 20k. You ll graduate and enter the same labour market, and compete for the same jobs. Your school fees will not give you an edge. It won't dignify you in any way......... Not hating, just saying
dude if u had d money u wont be aving dis sober thought. so people dat went to harvard or any of the ivy league schools were wasting their money abi? is it evritin data cheap dat has value? for afe babz dia fee is unfair basd on d fact dat its a nigerian uni usin d nuc standard n nt a foreign uni using a diff standard whch comes at a price.
Re: Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m by Dubemkelly(m): 9:30am On Feb 21, 2015
Uhmmm... When studying Medicine becomes a do or die affairs, u were denied admission in a known federal or state university and u ran to a private uni for succour thinking those guys aint wise. Btw I've never heard of this uni until now, would rather use the money for an abroad study than blowing it up here

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Final Year Nasarawa Student Dies In Motor Accident 6 Days After Signing-Out / The Oke-ogun Polytechnic, Saki 2015/2016 Admission Processes / JAMB Application Statistics By Faculty | Universities, Polytechnics & Coes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.