Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank (1018 Views)

When Investment Becomes Sin-vestment / London Fairly Used Samsung- Blackberry- Infinix Phones For Sale: Afri-mall / Investors Recover N400bn Lost To JP Morgan Sentiments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by tochinoyi(m): 6:34am On Feb 21, 2015
pls i don't know if here is the right place for this topic,duo I'm not residing in Nigeria now but I'm planning to visit next month 
I bought shears with Afribank since 2007and i traveled 2008 i got the certificate 2008 before i traveled,now i heard that Afribank is no longer in existence i want friends here to advise me on how recover my shears back or the agency i will meet for it when i come back pls mod send this to front page
Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by tochinoyi(m): 6:35am On Feb 21, 2015
tochinoyi:
pls i don't know if here is the right place for this topic,duo I'm not residing in Nigeria now but I'm planning to visit next month 
I bought shears with Afribank since 2007and i traveled 2008 i got the certificate 2008 before i traveled,now i heard that Afribank is no longer in existence i want friends here to advise me on how recover my shears back or the agency i will meet for it when i come back pls mod send this to front page
please i need your thought over th7
Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by Jenissy: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
tochinoyi:
well, there is a way out of every problem. I am a christian lawyer and I can lend a hand of assistance. I cannot give my legal advice here. But you can contact me on +2348066457839 or vikkyshekinah@gmail.com. Please, understand that I'm not trying to scam you as not all Nigerians are corrupt. Some still have their names and integrity to protect. Till then....
Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by carpenter(m): 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
tochinoyi:

To the best of my knowledge I think all shareholders in Afribank lost their shareholdings (all their money). The banks were recapitalised with tax payers money and as an owner of the bank you lost your funds. When banks are about to fail or fail...protection is usually available for creditors only.
this article explains it better http://www.investadvocate.com.ng/index.php/money-market/2620-5-rescued-banks-risk-nationalisation-if-amcon

AfriBank was one of the first 3, so all is gone. Sorry

and another https://www.nairaland.com/730185/investors-lose-billions-three-nationalised
Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by tochinoyi(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
Jenissy:
well, there is a way out of every problem. I am a christian lawyer and I can lend a hand of assistance. I cannot give my legal advice here. But you can contact me on +2348066457839 or vikkyshekinah@gmail.com. Please, understand that I'm not trying to scam you as not all Nigerians are corrupt. Some still have their names and integrity to protect. Till then....
thanks bros my number +8613412392377
Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by tochinoyi(m): 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
carpenter:

To the best of my knowledge I think all shareholders in Afribank lost their shareholdings (all their money). The banks were recapitalised with tax payers money and as an owner of the bank you lost your funds. When banks are about to fail or fail...protection is usually available for creditors only.
this article explains it better http://www.investadvocate.com.ng/index.php/money-market/2620-5-rescued-banks-risk-nationalisation-if-amcon

AfriBank was one of the first 3, so all is gone. Sorry

and another https://www.nairaland.com/730185/investors-lose-billions-three-nationalised
that's why we are too far in Nigeria here in China i can never happened central bank should know how to settle for that because is in their hands to regulate and save people's investment
Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by carpenter(m): 4:39pm On Feb 21, 2015
tochinoyi:
that's why we are too far in Nigeria here in China i can never happened central bank should know how to settle for that because is in their hands to regulate and save people's investment

Technically, the CBN is not responsible for your investments...they are primarily your responsibility. The CBN is responsible to people that keep money with the bank (Creditors) and that is through the NDIC sef if a bank fails. If you choose to put your money in a business and it fails, no one gives you money back anywhere. The worst that would happen is that people will go to jail, It is very painful but the sad reality we all had and have to live with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Possible Is It To Recover My In Vestment In Afri Bank by tochinoyi(m): 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
carpenter:

Technically, the CBN is not responsible for your investments...they are primarily your responsibility. The CBN is responsible to people that keep money with the bank (Creditors) and that is through the NDIC sef if a bank fails. If you choose to put your money in a business and it fails, no one gives you money back anywhere. The worst that would happen is that people will go to jail, It is very painful but the sad reality we all had and have to live with.
life goes on

(1) (Reply)

Oriflame Job Opportunities / Nairamillions Online Lottery N10,000,000.00 Jackpot / Help A Brother "Info About Royal Exchange Prudential Life"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.