Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Asking God Why - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Asking God Why (425 Views)

The Devils Believe There Is God, Why Wont You? / If Jesus Was God, Why Did He Not Know When He Would Return?" / How Are We Sure Our Sins Are Forgiven After Asking God For Forgiveness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Asking God Why by SonofIssachar: 6:43am On Feb 21, 2015
Author Unknown

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS, which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983.

He received sympathetic letters from his fans, one of which conveyed:

"Why did God have to select you for such a bad disease?"

To this, Arthur Ashe replied:

50 Million children started playing tennis...

5 Million learnt to play tennis...

500,000 learnt professional tennis...

50,000 made it to the Circuit...

5,000 reached grand-slam...

50 got to Wimbledon...

4 crossed to the semi-finals...

Only 2 scaled through to the finals...

And when I was holding the Cup in my hand, I never asked God, "Why me?" So now that I'm in pain, how can I ask God "Why me?"

Happiness keeps you sweet.
Trials keep you strong.
Sorrows keeps you human.
Failure keeps you humble.
Success keeps you glowing.
But only Faith keeps you going.

Sometimes you are unsatisfied with your life, while many people in the world are dreaming of living your life.

Live simply.
Walk humbly.
Love genuinely and
Trust God fully.

Meditation: No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. – 1 Corinthians 10:13

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

. / Why Is Lent Observed Only By Catholics? / Santification Precedes Divine Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.