Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) (124729 Views)

Can Nigerian Pastors Dress This Simple To Church? / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) / Nigerian Pastors Who Predicted 2015 Elections Outcome Woefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Praktikals(m): 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rev. Moses Rahaman Popoola of New Testament Christian Mission International
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by donnie(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
Pastor Biodun lawal. The firebrand pastor of Christ Embassy Accra Ghana.
See his inspiring testimony:

". . . I began to ask myself questions, I became ashamed to identify myself with them because I couldn’t imagine a human person killing another human person in the name religion. . "

Read more: http://wikisozo.com/story/read/13591/jesus-called-me#.VOpLuzjTXHw
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by simdam500(m): 10:44pm On Feb 22, 2015
Was expecting [img]http://4.bp..com/-AjLEqQeVcxY/UoSRJlq3VoI/AAAAAAAAAPo/0uPkQ050DqA/s1600/genesis.jpg[/img]

Born in a Muslim family, named wasiu but now Israel Oladele Genesis(be unstoppable) grin grin grin of the Genesis Model Int.
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by kjhova(m): 11:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
Takara:

stop posting trash. Indonesia has the largest muslim population in the world, and no muslim army conquered Indonesia. you can confirm from Google

Many young Nigerians are averse to lengthy reading & studying of ancient & topical works so it isn't surprising how history of religions is lost on us.

Portuguese Monks were the 1st to bring Christianity to Bini in 1492 when Diaz & co were trying to circumnavigate Africa. At best, the Bini's considered Christianity a silly idea & paid no heed to what they considered as the white man's idiocy.

The British returned in 1896 with the bible supported with canon balls & maxim guns and today all of Bini & her immediate environs are devout Christians!

Every religion thrives on conquest, aggression, domination, subordination, persecution and all. It is fool hardy to assume that Christianity or any religion for that matter was spread just by some bunch of Jesus peddling criers.
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by ahmedtijani(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
VANHELLSING:

I pity your pathetic soul, from light to darkness? Your are a GONNER kiss undecided
gunner hw? u bettr follow suit before it's too late.
undecided
VANHELLSING:

I pity your pathetic soul, from light to darkness? Your are a GONNER kiss undecided
gunner hw? u bettr follow suit before it's too late.
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by ahmedtijani(m): 11:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
VANHELLSING:

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
tartar9:
at the arrival of Islam more than half of the christains converted to Islam including the major sees of christainity Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch, and Jerusalem except only Rome.can they mention any single muslim country or even community that converted to christainity even inspite of imperialism.
Really? Are you proud of the way Alexandria, Antioch, Jerusalem and Constantinople became Muslim? Through all the violence? Like what is happening today in Iraq in the Christian Nineveh Plain?
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by kjhova(m): 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
Religion is WAR & has always been so. In antiquity, the Jews were a murderous band who took time to destroy many ancient & advanced civilisations like Amalek etc. In the dark ages, the muslims were a murderous band who destroyed many glorious civilisations too e.g. North Africa, Persia, Byzantium, Ghana & Mali.
From the 15th century on, murderous Christian bands from Europe destroyed all of Aztec, Inca, European Jewry & took an estimate of 20million Africans into slavery in the Americas over a 400yrs period!
Christianity & Islam were not preached to Africans. No not at all. These religions, like all other religions were shot & knifed into our societies by powerful mercantilist conquerors & the religions continued to grow with promotional assistance by our governments, elite, "educated" class, foreign & local monks, clergy & clerics and of course by converted parents passing it on to the next generations!
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
Thank God for them
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Demmzy15:

During Muhammad ﷺ’s life, the Byzantine Empire made clear its desire to eliminate the new Muslim religion growing on its southern borders. The Expedition of Tabuk thus commenced in October 630, with Muhammad ﷺ leading an army of 30,000 people to the border with the Byzantine Empire.

The Muslims during the time of Umar Ibn Khattab launched an offensive against the Byzantine Empire. They were defeated, Muslim armies were welcomed by the local population – both Jews and Christians. The majority of the Christians of the region were Monophysites, who had a more monotheistic view of God that was similar to what the new Muslims were preaching. They welcomed Muslim rule over the area instead of the Byzantines, with whom they had many theological differences.

By 637, Muslim armies began to appear in the vicinity of Jerusalem. In charge of Jerusalem was Patriarch Sophronius, a representative of the Byzantine government, as well as a leader in the Christian Church. Although numerous Muslim armies under the command of Khalid ibn al-Walid and Amr ibn al-‘As began to surround the city, Sophronius refused to surrender the city unless Umar came to accept the surrender himself.

Having heard of such a condition, Umar ibn al-Khattab left Madinah, travelling alone with one donkey and one servant. When he arrived in Jerusalem, he was greeted by Sophronius, who undoubtedly must have been amazed that the caliph of the Muslims, one of the most powerful people in the world at that point, was dressed in no more than simple robes and was indistinguishable from his servant.

Umar was given a tour of the city, including the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. When the time for prayer came, Sophronius invited Umar to pray inside the Church, but Umar refused. He insisted that if he prayed there, later Muslims would use it as an excuse to convert it into a mosque – thereby depriving Christendom of one of its holiest sites. Instead, Umar prayed outside the Church, where a mosque (called Masjid Umar – the Mosque of Umar) was later built.

A treaty was signed by Umar and the Christians of Jerusalem. I could post the treaty if u want!
False history. Monophysitism has nothing to do with your monotheism. It has all to do about the wills of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
Demmzy15:

Now the problem is when you don't differentiate between Constantinople and Turkey as a whole!!! Constantinople is just a land mass of just 5,343 km2, compared to the whole 783,562 km2 of Turkey's land mass. In fact some certain parts of Turkey had nothing to do with Christianity!!

Stop saying WHOLE, this lands weren't purely Christianity. Don't get it twisted, most of this lands were converted into Christianity by force. Syria, Egypt and Palestine weren't 100% Christianity!!! Spain and Grenada which were pure flourishing Muslim countries before they were destroyed by Christian holy wars(Crusades)
My brother the whole of Turkey was Christian was Christian. Smyrna and Antioch were in Turkey. Of course they were converted through jihad.
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by ndubueze92(m): 11:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
miraclewonder:
Your list should include Apostle Johnson Suleiman of Omega Fire Ministry, Auchi
& Prophet Joshua Iginla of Champions Royal Assembly, Kubwa, Abuja. Pictures included below.

#ftc
Suleiman I still remember this nonsense must stop in UNN his a good pastor with a Muslim background he said that too.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by ndubueze92(m): 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
chrisgurl:
Where is Apostle john suleiman's name?
but his pics is dia Na?
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by goddypawa: 5:33am On Feb 23, 2015
China to become the most christian nation in less than 15 years. This is what God can do. People reading to Bible and giving their lives to Christ. No Jihad.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by noskybanj(m): 6:27am On Feb 23, 2015
Binb:
@op you want to count individual converts from Islam to Christianity? Ok lets count former Christian countries: Turkey, Egypt , Syria, Palestine.....
These were neva xtian countries naa. Dey were idon worshiping countries of old
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by myproperty(m): 6:36am On Feb 23, 2015
Binb:

The fact that a country was conquered my muslims does not indicate that the people were forced at gunpoint to become muslims, otherwise you wont find a single coptic christian iin egypt today.

using your analogy do you realise that christianity came to Nigeria after the british conquered the country. does that indicate that your grand parents were forced to become christians!

Why do you have to defend your faith by concealing the truth. Who doesn't know of the way Islam was spread. Islam was spread majorly through a very unholy method known as war conquest and you are saying that the fact that a country was conquered by Muslims does not indicate that the people were forced at gunpoint to become muslims, what a funny statement.

So what was the purpose of the Muslims invasion(there by killing millions in the war), or do you mean it is just an Islamic injunction to attack or to war with countries?

Thank God you said British conquered the country but not a religious invasion. What do you think is the purpose of a religious invasion? The issue of the major factor that lead to the spread of Islam is not debatable .

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Hash86(m): 9:12am On Feb 23, 2015
PastorKun:
At the rate at which muslims are converting to christianity, there would be no more muslims left in Nigeria in the next 50 years. cool

Bros,na wash o!. most of d guyz mentiond abov ar yorubas.(As I obsrvd,for dem wen it coms 2 relign it does'nt matter which 1 dey practiced). Here in d north, b4 1 muslim converts 2 xtain 10 xtains must hav convrtd 2 mslms
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2015
Hash86:

Bros,na wash o!. most of d guyz mentiond abov ar yorubas.(As I obsrvd,for dem wen it coms 2 relign it does'nt matter which 1 dey practiced). Here in d north, b4 1 muslim converts 2 xtain 10 xtains must hav convrtd 2 mslms

That's not true, the christian population in the north is increasing at a phenomenal rate. I was pleasantly surprised when I learnt last a lot of places in the core north like chibok that we assumed were populated by muslims are predominantly christian.
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by chrisgurl(f): 9:39am On Feb 23, 2015
ndubueze92:
but his pics is dia Na?
ok..it wasn't there before tho.
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by ndubueze92(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2015
chrisgurl:
ok..it wasn't there before tho.

alright ... Is he ur pastor?
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by chrisgurl(f): 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
ndubueze92:
alright ... Is he ur pastor?
no,he isn't smiley
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by holatin(m): 6:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
U called a fact base survey delusion.
Go and play jare
winner01:
I've bn hearing ds "fastest growing religion BS sinz year 2000" and "1million people convert to islam daily all over the world" issokay... You make it sound like we live in Mars, use ur d number of converts to christianity in ur locality for example..and stop this delusion
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by holatin(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re u done
myproperty:

I thought the OP was talking about popular Nigerian pastors that were formally of the Muslim faith and you went about listing Christians that became Muslims worldwide. Oh my God!

You should have listed popular Islamic clerics that was of the Christian faith in Nigeria instead of trying to counter the OP post in such a terrorist manner( looking for outside support)
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by holatin(m): 6:23pm On Feb 23, 2015
Salam
sademola:
They must have learnt they were on a fast lane to 'destruction' then switched lane

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by holatin(m): 6:24pm On Feb 23, 2015
Tanx sir.
Salam
Lstar4real:

Micheal Jackson also converted To Muslim before he was Killed so DT he will not preached about Islam in his world Tour
Most popular black hi hop star AKon converted To Muslim
Popular Boxer Mike Tyson also converted To Islam
Janet Jackson also converted to Muslim
The list go on and on... ...cheerz
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by PastorKun(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
Lstar4real:

Micheal Jackson also converted To Muslim before he was Killed so DT he will not preached about Islam in his world Tour
Most popular black hi hop star AKon converted To Muslim
Popular Boxer Mike Tyson also converted To Islam
Janet Jackson also converted to Muslim
The list go on and on... ...cheerz

Al taqquiya; lying for islam. cheesy
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by winner01(m): 10:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
holatin:
U called a fact base survey delusion.
Go and play jare
okay. remind urself of ur delusion by year 2025.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by MightySparrow: 10:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
mustymatic:

Abi, preachers my ass

What about Boko Haram? Your nyansh?
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by mustymatic(m): 6:42pm On Feb 25, 2015
MightySparrow:

What about Boko Haram? Your nyansh?
U kno dem? cos ne i no kno ooo
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by abdulwastecx(m): 7:42am On Feb 26, 2015
holatin:
Tanx sir.
Salam

akon was a Muslim from senegal.
do you need these men to affirm your fate.religion is a personal thing, the moment we realized this the better for us and the less money for these entrepreneur pastors

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by holatin(m): 8:10am On Feb 26, 2015
abdulwastecx:

akon was a Muslim from senegal.
do you need these men to affirm your fate.religion is a personal thing, the moment we realized this the better for us and the less money for these entrepreneur pastors
what more can u say, you said a lot.
pastor don become entrepreneur
Re: Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2015
Tbamo:

But you Muslims think we can't read or are gullible. All any one needs to do is to Google violent verses of the quran and see that in actual fact book harm, Isis, alqueda,etc are the real muslims
And not you liberalised ones trying to imbibe christian tenets into a form of tolerant pseudo islam!

There are no violent verses in the quran. You need to read and understand.

Its like in the bible where it was said that an adulterous should be stoned to death (isnt this violent?). And then somewhere else in the bible, it says only those that are clean of such shud do the act. When you dont relate things together, you definitely wont understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.