Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Please Partition Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Partition Problem (665 Views)

How To Partition The Computer System / How To Break Partition In Windows 7 / How Do I Get Back Deleted Partition Disc Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Partition Problem by Henry234(m): 5:02pm On Jan 07, 2009
Hello guys , !!!

I was wondering if youguys can give me some help,

I want to partition my Sony Vaio laptop hard 200gb into 2 parts but i dont know how to do it.
Am using windows Vista and wants to format now ocz Virus got the system so i want to know how i can partition it when installing my Vista.
thanx yaaa alll!!
Re: Please Partition Problem by Infoseye(m): 5:30pm On Jan 07, 2009
DOwnload partition manager or partion magic and follow the simple instructions hope this helps
Re: Please Partition Problem by Henry234(m): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2009
thanx for your quick response i have tried paragon partition manager but the stuff turn my laptop screen to black and nothing showed again andi had to formatt it.

So, right now am afraid of all these partition manager, else you know any reliable one you can advice me to use,
thanx bro,
Re: Please Partition Problem by netotse(m): 10:53pm On Jan 07, 2009
since its vista wot u'll do is called shrinking(at least MS got it right with this tool its saved my hide once or twice)

right click on my computer(whether its the one on the start menu or u hv one on the desktop doesnt matter)
click on manage when it open go to storage management
right click on u're hard drive and choose shrink, u shld be able to go on from there

[img]http://file:///C:/Users/Enetomhe/Desktop/screenshot.jpg[/img]

if u hv any probs let me know. . . safe!
Re: Please Partition Problem by Henry234(m): 10:47am On Jan 08, 2009
thanx bro for your idea, i will give it a trial and i will get back at the topic and post my result but if anyone has another idea should pls post so that people that has thesame problem can solve it.

thanxxx.
Re: Please Partition Problem by Infoseye(m): 1:01pm On Jan 08, 2009
The best and safe method is to use XP sp2. Load it up, format your hard drive after partition it into which ever size you want it each then you can the install Vista on which ever partition you want. Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

The Return Of Zainat / Got Problems With Windows Vista? / Smooth 24hrs Broadband Internet Access in you home or office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.