Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,294 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! (601 Views)

Buhari's Medical Status: Fayose Reacts, Sends Strong Message To Presidency / Falana Commends Buhari’s Medical Trip Abroad, Shades Fayose / Fayose: Buhari Just Making Noise On Corruption. The Cable. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by kay1one2(m): 11:05am On Feb 21, 2015
HOME > NEWS
Fayose: Buhari’s 'Medical Trip' to UK Validates My Stand

21 Feb 2015
Font Size: a / A

Ayodele Fayose

Olakiitan Victor in Ado Ekiti

The Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose friday declared that the All Progressives Congress Presidential candidate, Major General Mohammadu Buhari is in the United Kingdom for Medical reason and that this has vindicated his earlier position that the former Head of State has critical health challenges.

Fayose posited that Buhari was being attended to in a London hospital and that it corroborated his alarm that the former Military dictator was sick and lacked the required capacity to rule a complex country like Nigeria.

The APC Presidential candidate left for UK on Thursday, with a statement by his campaign organization that he was going to give a talk at Chattam House, London in advancement of his aspiration.

"As against the claim of the APC that Buhari was on a short working visit to the UK, Buhari is being treated at a hospital located at Cavendish Street, Cavendish Square, W2 London West End, London," alleged Fayose.

The Ekiti State Governor, who spoke through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said the claim by the APC that Buhari would give a talk at the Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House, London as "deceit taken too far."

He said: "The event listed on the Royal Institute of International Affairs website; http://www.chathamhouse.org/events to hold on February 23 and 24 is 'Security and Defence: Rising Powers and the Future of Defence Cooperation' and Buhari is not listed among the speakers.

"For the avoidance of doubt; the event's keynote speakers are former Brazil Minister of Defence, Celsius Amorin; UK Parliamentary Under Secretary of State and Minister of Defence Equipment Support and Technology, Celsius Amorin; Chief of the Defence Staff, UK Ministry of

Defence, General Sir Nicholas Houghton; Chief Executive of BAE System, Ian King and Secretary General, Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf, Dr Abdulatif Bin Rashid Al Zayani.

"Apart from the above listed five persons, 25 others are listed as speakers. So, in which Royal Institute of International Affairs' event is Buhari participating as a speaker?

"This is not to mock Buhari or wish him death. Rather, it is to expose the falsehood of the APC and desperation of its leaders,especially Senator Bola Tinubu to foist another Yar’Adua saga on Nigeria.

“The truth is that Buhari travelled out on Thursday to seek medicare in UK and he was attended to at a hospital located in Cavendish Street, Cavendish Square, W2 London West End, London on Friday.
"If the APC people are saying otherwise, let them publish the picture of Buhari boarding the plane and granting interview to Aviation Correspondents at the Abuja Airport.

While I am happy that the APC people that are packaging Buhari finally hearkened to my plea that they should allow him (Buhari) to seek medicare abroad, I must say that it is unpatriotic for the APC to have lied that Buhari travelled on a working visit.

"The party should be honest enough to tell Nigerians that Buhari is actually sick and lack the capacity to rule Nigeria and that they are only packaging him, hoping that he will become incapacitated if he becomes president so that they can take over power by proxy."

Tags: News, Nigeria, Featured, Medical Trip

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fayose--buhari-s--medical-trip--to-uk-validates-my-stand/202323
Re: Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 21, 2015
Ekiti man...make me laughs with his comments...but yaradua was sick too but nobody crucified him...let's just be optimistic...I can't pray for anybody to die but to live..or is it because yaradua was in pdp...let's imagine if buhari was in pdp will all of us be against him like we r now...am not pro jonathan or buhari..I just want us to be careful with our comments...nobody prays to die early...I knw what death is cause I lost my dad three days ago...it was not something of joy
Re: Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by temitemi1(m): 11:10am On Feb 21, 2015
Fayose, u told them to allow d man go for treatment but instead of thanking u, they were abusing you but thank GOD they later listened to ur advice grin grin grin. GEJ till 2019!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by PeyButtons(f): 11:13am On Feb 21, 2015
God who are we to believe now! Help us.
Re: Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by IGBOSON1: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2015
I think they should leave the man alone! Why anyone has a problem with a 72 year old man going for a check-up every now and again is beyond me! undecided
Re: Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by BabaO2: 11:22am On Feb 21, 2015
Yoruba obas have started again, similar to when ooni said abacha was making sense contrary to expectation of Yoruba race during Gen Diya's alleged coup.
Currently, Mimiko, fayose and Jonathan are mobilizing Yoruba obas for cheap arrest of OBJ and to persuade him not to talk against Jonathan and coming election again.
Re: Fayose: Buhari's ' Medical Trip' To Uk Validates My Stand! by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2015
Fayose. This man is unrelenting! Thank goodness he's in the PDP.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Uba’s PDP Faction Drags INEC, PDP To Supreme Court Over Candidate's List / Democracy, Choice, Franchise / #bringbackbuhari Day 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.