Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? (763 Views)

Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by bmoney9ja(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
hello my people,
I just moved to the south and the parish am attending lacks basic things like chairs, fans and windows, even the floor is not smooth but I have decided not to pay my tithe to the church but using it to get all these things at the end of the month to put the sanctuary in shape.
because I dont see the reason why tithes are packed to the national headquarter when the local church is in mess.
Re: Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by AdeniyiA(m): 1:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
bmoney9ja:
hello my people,
I just moved to the south and the parish am attending lacks basic things like chairs, fans and windows, even the floor is not smooth but I have decided not to pay my tithe to the church but using it to get all these things at the end of the month to put the sanctuary in shape.
because I dont see the reason why tithes are packed to the national headquarter when the local church is in mess.
my brother it seems you can see thru my mind on this issue, it's presently what I am very uncomfortable &unhappy with , our rent is due, we have students we can help, we find it difficult maintaining our amenities, some are jobless etc...
please carry on with your decision, it's the best in this case, also if u are capable locate a motherless homes/orphanage nd render d help you can.
I believe that is better....
Re: Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by bmoney9ja(m): 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
AdeniyiA:

my brother it seems you can see thru my mind on this issue, it's presently what I am very uncomfortable &unhappy with , our rent is due, we have students we can help, we find it difficult maintaining our amenities, some are jobless etc...
please carry on with your decision, it's the best in this case, also if u are capable locate a motherless homes/orphanage nd render d help you can.
I believe that is better....
thanks brother, it hurts me dis morning wen i was cleaning the church all the chairs have changed colour, some are broken and last week i cudnt withstand the heat.. dont know why local churches are being ignored while the provinces looks like a palace?
Re: Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by Princewell2012(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
@op judging by the commandment, u have not pay ur tithe, even if u did all those things u mentioned. u c, man were not made to work like a robort, if God has blessed u, and u c a need for u to put one thing or d other in place like what u mention ealier. God will surely bless you. thats the way our Lord Jesus want us (christians) to be doing. when u discover some1 who is not capable, or well to do, u dont nds anybody to preach 2 u to asists him, which means u must b a caring person, den Jesus will b hapy wit u nd wil surely bls u. tithing has been nulify in d new testament, d day when Jesus died on d cross.
Re: Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by bmoney9ja(m): 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2015
Princewell2012:
@op judging by the commandment, u have not pay ur tithe, even if u did all those things u mentioned. u c, man were not made to work like a robort, if God has blessed u, and u c a need for u to put one thing or d other in place like what u mention ealier. God will surely bless you. thats the way our Lord Jesus want us (christians) to be doing. when u discover some1 who is not capable, or well to do, u dont nds anybody to preach 2 u to asists him, which means u must b a caring person, den Jesus will b hapy wit u nd wil surely bls u. tithing has been nulify in d new testament, d day when Jesus died on d cross.
bros i dont seem to understand ur point..... do u mean it' s not right to use money meant for tithing to put things in plc in the house of God? afterall the bible states "bring ye all tithe into his house".
the reason behind my decision is, after paying all tithes in local churches they pack dem to the national head quarter which has been established in structure and facilities already.
and mind you, these local churches get little or no support from the so called provincial headquarters.
Re: Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by PastorKun(m): 9:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
bmoney9ja:
bros i dont seem to understand ur point..... do u mean it' s not right to use money meant for tithing to put things in plc in the house of God? afterall the bible states "bring ye all tithe into his house".
the reason behind my decision is, after paying all tithes in local churches they pack dem to the national head quarter which has been established in structure and facilities already.
and mind you, these local churches get little or no support from the so called provincial headquarters.

What he is trying to say is that christians are not supposed to tithe in the first instance.
Re: Why Paying Tithe To Pastor When The Church Lacks Basic Facilities? by lastmessenger: 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
Finally somebody is using his brain. meanwhile you are not under any obligation to pay tithe. God is not demanding it.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: The Flow Of Oil! (anointing) / Hold That Tongue / Do You Know This About Your Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.