Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model (2130 Views)

Toyota Avensis 2004 Model Fuel Consumption / Toyota Avensis 2004 With Corolla 2004 Dash Board! / HELP!!! Which Do I Choose? Toyota Avensis 2004 Or Corolla 2004 (manual Tranny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Just got a Toyota avensis car 2004 model,the ac works well while on top speed,but perform low on low speed,but on coming from Lagos yestaday,I discovered that the temperature gauge suddenly increased,then on noticing such I stopped,only to open the bonnet and discovered that the car was overheating.Poured water inside the radiator,on starting the car again after some while,I discovered that the car couldn't start again,so the car was towed to the nearest mechanic along the road and was told that the gasket is flat(got burnt),the rings broken,was told by the mechanic that those stuffs will be replaced,just want to know maybe it won't cause any serious damage to the engine and hope it will work well after those stuffs are being replaced
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by mdbabah2008(m): 6:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
yes for sure but make sure it is properly fixed my honda accord when bought as tokunbo did the same.
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
ezex:
Just got a Toyota avensis car 2004 model,the ac works well while on top speed,but perform low on low speed,but on coming from Lagos yestaday,I discovered that the temperature gauge suddenly increased,then on noticing such I stopped,only to open the bonnet and discovered that the car was overheating.Poured water inside the radiator,on starting the car again after some while,I discovered that the car couldn't start again,so the car was towed to the nearest mechanic along the road and was told that the gasket is flat(got burnt),the rings broken,was told by the mechanic that those stuffs will be replaced,just want to know maybe it won't cause any serious damage to the engine and hope it will work well after those stuffs are being replaced

Headgasket could be bad, but the piston rings I doubt they could authoritatively tell you it is bad just by looking.

Next time your vehicle overheats, allow it self cool to a resonable temp (wait 30mins-1hr) before pouring water, you might save your head gasket from issues like this.

Don't allow the mechanic open the lower part of your engine (pistons,crankshaft,rings)he should just unsrew the head, and change the gasket the head (topcylinder).
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
OK,thanks,hoping its well fixed,becuz have been scared since it happened,no money to buy new engine.Thanks for all the advises.
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
What type of engine do u use? Is it the 1az or 2az engine?

You might still have to replace engine keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
What type of engine do u use? Is it the 1az or 2az engine?

You might still have to replace engine keep your fingers crossed.
1az,it cranks,but wont start.
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 22, 2015
More comments please
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by chukel(m): 5:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
ezex:
More comments please
I'm convinced ur problem was caused by bad cooling fans. That was y ur ac only worked on high speed. The car also dint overheat on high speed cos the air/breeze u were bombarding into, was cooling the system. Check ur fan to forestall a repeat.
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by sultaan(m): 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
was the radiator empty or was it low?

Where did all the coolant go?

This is not the first time it overheated what did you do the last time

is your fan directly connected to run?
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
chukel:
I'm convinced ur problem was caused by bad cooling fans. That was y ur ac only worked on high speed. The car also dint overheat on high speed cos the air/breeze u were bombarding into, was cooling the system. Check ur fan to forestall a repeat.
OK thanks,I will
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
sultaan:
was the radiator empty or was it low?

Where did all the coolant go?

This is not the first time it overheated what did you do the last time

is your fan directly connected to run?
the radiator was low,yes the fan is directly connected
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by sultaan(m): 9:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
ezex:
the radiator was low,yes the fan is directly connected

You just answered what caused all your problems.

Now one last question if you pull the dipstick on your engine oil what does your engine oil look like?
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
sultaan:

You just answered what caused all your problems.

Now one last question if you pull the dipstick on your engine oil what does your engine oil look like?
the oil looks normal,but sultaan hope this won't affect the engine,apart from the blown gasket and broken cylinder.Thanks
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:41am On Feb 23, 2015
ezex:
the oil looks normal,but sultaan hope this won't affect the engine,apart from the blown gasket and broken cylinder.. Thanks

You never mentioned the bolded before now.

Gather Money and buy a new engine sir, I can be of help in that area.
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
ezex:
the oil looks normal,but sultaan hope this won't affect the engine,apart from the blown gasket and broken cylinder.Thanks

broken cylinder? how when you day it overheated due to not enough coolant
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You never mentioned the bolded before now.

Gather Money and buy a new engine sir, I can be of help in that area.

I tire o!

I wonder why i'm being mentioned now
Re: Help Needed With My Toyota Avensis 2004 Model by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Bolded:

I tire o!

I wonder why i'm being mentioned now

Of all the monikers You could think off bolded was what you could come up with? Toh take this one
Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded BoldedBolded Bolded Bolded Bolded

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Tokumbo Car Smells On Acceleration / Answers Urgently Needed! Burgled Toyota Corolla 2008 / ****just Arrived Toyota Previa 200 5 Super Clean***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.