Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” (1479 Views)

Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married / GENOTYPE: A Determinate Factor In Marriage / Help! His Genotype Is AA And His Wife's Genotype Is AS But Their Daughter is SS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by jidxin(m): 8:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
“I have a girlfriend, that we’re planning
for better future, as times goes on, we
later knew that our genotype is AS and
we love each other, pls. I need your
advice pls. What should i do?”

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by webincomeplus(m): 8:04pm On Feb 21, 2015
Only few problems in this world are worse than having a sickler child. Don't allow the love to blindfold you. If you go ahead and later have a sickler child, you'll regret not parting ways after discovering your genotypes.

So, I advise you to save your future from regrets by parting ways now. I know it's hard, but coping with the challenges of nurturing a sickler child is harder. Be better safe than sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by zico18(m): 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
You had better forget about love now & find someone who are compatible with healthwise so you won't forget about love later.
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by olaideeeedris(m): 8:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
Love? I've got one advice for u: QUITTTTTTTTTTT!
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Hopez456(m): 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2015
Please Don't because of love make life miserable for the unborn child. Read this book ' Dazzling Mirage' By Dr. Olayinka Egbokhare or watch its movie adaption u will learn a lot.
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by jidxin(m): 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
but we can just give birth to one or 2 .... d chances for SS re slim
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by menix(m): 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
Oga OP.. Give ur self brain nah, can't blive som1 will b seeking such advice @ 2015.

Y suffer an innocent soul(ur kid) bcous of dat english word called "LOVE"..

If u know ow pained I am seeing dis ur post nd ur follow up post, nah confirm sakpa I 4 give u for ur ogo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Vision4God: 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
So painful but u hav no option xcept to QUIT.

Or marry & nevr procreate (which is hard 2 fulfill)
Or bear d consequences.
God ease ur pain n reward u wt anoda godly lady
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by flyingdutchman(m): 9:45pm On Feb 21, 2015
Options:
(1) If you and your spouse can afford 1. 8 to 2m naira, do a PGD (preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis): sperm cells from the male is used to fertilize egg from the female. Several embryos are developed and analyzed for their genotype. The disease free ones are implanted into the woman.

(2) Do an in-depth analysis of the percentage of A and S genes. Path care lab does it. If the A is significantly high for an AS, you could decide to try naturally.
Amniocentesis: An invasive method of taking samples of fluid from the woman in order to determine foetal genotype.

(3) Quit the relationship

(4) Exercise faith: A renowned medical fertility expert told me that while there is a 25% chance of getting a Sickler, there is a 75% chance of getting a non Sickler child. That said, there is particular order in which the children could come. Because each time sperm cells are released, millions come out. And the egg to be fertilized could be in any state. So, you could have AS, AS, AS, AS or AA, AS, AS, SS, SS... it all depends on nature. Medical science has since evolved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Dyt(f): 10:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
flyingdutchman:

So, you could have AS, AS, AS, AS or AA, AS, AS, SS, SS... it all depends on nature. Medical science has since evolved

They cld also have SS SS AS AA, SS AS AA SS, SS SS SS .

RISK
FUCKING RISKY

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by armadeo(m): 11:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
Walk away.

This love will turn to weariness, sulking then hate.

Walk away now!!
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by flyingdutchman(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Dyt:

They cld also have SS SS AS AA, SS AS AA SS, SS SS SS .

RISK
FUCKING RISKY
We are saying same thing. They could come out in any sequence. After all the other options, is this the only one you understood? Of course not! You're just bent on the negatives alone. Some of us have gone down that path. I'm glad I did
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Dyt(f): 11:33pm On Feb 21, 2015
flyingdutchman:

We are saying same thing. They could come out in any sequence. After all the other options, is this the only one you understood? Of course not! You're just bent on the negatives alone. Some of us have gone down that path. I'm glad I did

Wow
So its advicable to go ahead?
Sorry no vex o
I just gave a wider explanation on ur sequence ni

Op ooo
Them say u can follow the positives oooo

Pls I like to read the path u are glad u did
Might be an inspiration to some other couples out there

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Nobody: 2:16am On Feb 22, 2015
Don't try it,Ts ur future....this same thing happened to me,it was some months to our introduction,i almost went OFF but i gave myself self O.T&broke it myself...twas so hard but eventually we did....thank God we did,we r still good friends....please don't so that ur children wont curse you later

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Blendy77(f): 5:06am On Feb 22, 2015
If u love her that much and ur finances are okay or a bit stable, u cod either do PGD using ivf or a simpler option is doing ivf with donor eggs.
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by greatgod2012(f): 7:35am On Feb 22, 2015
This is one of the reasons i always say love alone is not enough for and in marriages.

Except you're ready to marry and not procreate. If you can do this and go for adoption instead, then, you can go on and marry each other, but if you both plan to have your own biological child/ren, then, think twice, lest this love be later cursed.

Abali1......come here o!
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by flyingdutchman(m): 8:31am On Feb 22, 2015
Dyt:

Wow
So its advicable to go ahead?
Sorry no vex o
I just gave a wider explanation on ur sequence ni

Op ooo
Them say u can follow the positives oooo

Pls I like to read the path u are glad u did
Might be an inspiration to some other couples out there
My wife is AS and so am I. It isn't just about love. Its about wisdom and determination to do research. I have stated possible options. OP can do proper research over them. And yes, if OP wants to go ahead, I'd support them. That's why I gave options. They are called options for a reason. I would never ever discuss my private life on the social media. OP DO RESEARCH OO!
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Dyt(f): 11:05am On Feb 22, 2015
flyingdutchman:

My wife is AS and so am I. It isn't just about love. Its about wisdom and determination to do research. I have stated possible options. OP can do proper research over them. And yes, if OP wants to go ahead, I'd support them. That's why I gave options. They are called options for a reason. I would never ever discuss my private life on the social media. OP DO RESEARCH OO!

Lol u can share privately na
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by flyingdutchman(m): 5:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dyt:

Lol u can share privately na
This geh self! you be chinch? You can worry oo! Dunno if you're being sarcastic or u wanna learn for real. flyingdutchman0314@gmail.com
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Nobody: 2:02am On Feb 23, 2015
jidxin:
“I have a girlfriend, that we’re planning
for better future, as times goes on, we
later knew that our genotype is AS and
we love each other, pls. I need your
advice pls. What should i do?”

Per pedigree, you have 25% chance of having SS child. So, that's a given.

All hope is not lost if you really feel love should conquer all. Let me be one to give you options aside from splitting with your AS partner

You have choices:

1. Have an SS child w/ consequences obviously : please try and avoid this for the sake of the child.
2. Avoid pregnancy by both getting sterilized: your snip it, she snips it.
3. Do reproductive technology and choose a donor egg or donor sperm
4. Use your own sperm/egg, but utilize genetic testing in utero to do genotyping; if AS fetus; abort. If AA or AS: keep fetus.

The fourth option is the best for you cost wise; only thing it is fairly risky procedure to perform early in gestation.

Can you afford fancy in utero genetic testing?

I wish you all the best.
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Dyt(f): 8:19am On Feb 23, 2015
flyingdutchman:

This geh self! you be chinch? You can worry oo! Dunno if you're being sarcastic or u wanna learn for real. flyingdutchman0314@gmail.com

Na wa o oga
So u don't reply mails again
grin grin
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by flyingdutchman(m): 8:04am On Feb 24, 2015
Dyt:

Na wa o oga
So u don't reply mails again
grin grin
Negative, me lady! Sheck ya inbox
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Abali1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
jidxin:
but we can just give birth to one or 2 .... d chances for SS re slim
greatgod2012,
you see why I didn't bother much. His mind is about made up, he is just looking for justification for the decision he is about taking.
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by sisisioge: 4:10pm On Feb 27, 2015
Hmmm, OP pls listen to the voice of reasoning. I have seen a couple who claimed love and went ahead to get married. They had four children, only the last was AS, first three were SS. Gosh, it was a sad tale. They lost the first two to the sickness and the last(AS) in an accident. The mother died of depression and the remaining SS child and father were roughing it the last time I checked.

Open your eyes, love is never enough for any relationship. My beautiful friend who is an AS asks any intending guy his genotype like it was a social exchange. Be careful...the Lord will strengthen you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Wendy80(f): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2015
menix:
Oga OP.. Give ur self brain nah, can't blive som1 will b seeking such advice @ 2015.

Y suffer an innocent soul(ur kid) bcous of dat english word called "LOVE"..

If u know ow pained I am seeing dis ur post nd ur follow up post, nah confirm sakpa I 4 give u for ur ogo..

cheesy wicked.
OP Use ur head and not Ur heart.

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 27, 2015
I know of someone who prayed that God should take the life of his sickle cell child.
Please like someone said don't b blinded by love ❤.
My oga in d office told us a story of his room mate in school who finally died during NYSC cos he was ss.
Re: Please Help Me! We Love Each Other But our Genotype Is “AS” by jidxin(m): 12:00am On Feb 28, 2015
but miracle still happens .....if my level of faith is strong

(1) (Reply)

14 Yr Old Boy Who Suffers From Genetic Disorder That Has ALREADY Killed Five Of / Lose That Weight Naturally Without Exercising With Tlc Slimming Product / Can A Girl Of 8years Menstruate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.