Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,301 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) (7797 Views)

President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times / Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by nagoma(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
cuteboy2:

I will ignore your insult, and focus on the issue.
We have two issues:
(1) When was the rental in Buhari's London flat taken out? What is the duration.
(2) Who paid for the rental?

I don't expect you answer them, because you do not have the facts. Shehu Garba who issued the original statement reads and monitors NL. Lai Mohammed keeps close watch and has many paid agent to distill topics for him to respond to. So far they have maintained studied silence.

That's why I said you are not intelligent , with due respect. I will ignore your rhetorical questions.
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by cuteboy2: 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2015
Delafruita:
i cant just stop laughing.you created a thread and you have to be shown the major part of the thread before you accept.didnt you read the statement before starting the thread?

As for duration,he can stay for as long as he wants but i am certain it wont go beyond the duration of his stay

How does renting a flat in londond equal affluence?a friend sent his wife to the US for delivery and she stayed in a short let apartment for 3weeks.this dude works in huawei so he isnt flowing in cash.my fiancee will go to dallas for her delivery later in the year and she will stay in a short let apartment.whats the big deal in it?is a short let apartment waldorf astoria?

Buhari never claimed to be in poverty.he only says he didnt use his position to corruptly enrich himself.he receives a pension of 2.3million naira every month and so can confortably send all his kids to school in the average schools they attend.his daughter's fee is 16,000pounds per year.i believe the general can afford that

I don't see anything wrong in having the morale strength to admit error. This is what we expect from our leaders as well.
Sending wife or fiancée, as in your own case, to US to have a baby and taking out a $500/month serviced apartment, and hiring furniture is no big deal either if you earn an income, or choose to borrow the money. Many Nigerians do this all the time. Depending on which state you are going to in the US, I can help pro bono grin grin. Seriously.

I do not for 1 sec deny Buhari the right to chose his accommodation preferences, depending on what fits his pocket.
Financing a child's university education in the UK is not beans. Buhari has a large young family due to a 2nd young wife, Aisha. That means feeding, school fees, medicals, clothes, etc. By Buhari's own admission, he has no ongoing business venture. He relies 100% on his military pension. After paying N27m or thereabout for his nomination form, and expenses related to his election campaigns in 2007, 2011, and now 2015, there will still be significant gap. Even if we discount the obvious fact that his 2015 campaigns is heavily funded by his party (Tinubu, Amaechi), he still has to spend some of his own money. Where does the extra cash come from? Forget the yam selling stories by Oyegun. That is just politics.

The N2.3m/month monthly pension sounds unrealistic. What is the basic salary of a serving General? Usually, it is less than this amount. On retirement, you get a lump sum gratuity payment. Based on annuity calculations, in every case I have seen, the monthly pension after retirement is usually far less than the actual salary when one is in active service. This applies in the military, civil service, and private sector.

Do you have hard evidence that Buhari's pension as a retired Major General is N2.3m per month? Please share with us.
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by cuteboy2: 3:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
nagoma:

That's why I said you are not intelligent , with due respect. I will ignore your rhetorical questions.

If you claim to be so "intelligent", how can you ignore what was not directed at you.

Abeg park well.
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by Delafruita(m): 4:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
cuteboy2:

I don't see anything wrong in having the morale strength to admit error. This is what we expect from our leaders as well.
Sending wife or fiancée, as in your own case, to US to have a baby and taking out a $500/month serviced apartment, and hiring furniture is no big deal either if you earn an income, or choose to borrow the money. Many Nigerians do this all the time. Depending on which state you are going to in the US, I can help pro bono grin grin. Seriously.

I do not for 1 sec deny Buhari the right to chose his accommodation preferences, depending on what fits his pocket.
Financing a child's university education in the UK is not beans. Buhari has a large young family due to a 2nd young wife, Aisha. That means feeding, school fees, medicals, clothes, etc. By Buhari's own admission, he has no ongoing business venture. He relies 100% on his military pension. After paying N27m or thereabout for his nomination form, and expenses related to his election campaigns in 2007, 2011, and now 2015, there will still be significant gap. Even if we discount the obvious fact that his 2015 campaigns is heavily funded by his party (Tinubu, Amaechi), he still has to spend some of his own money. Where does the extra cash come from? Forget the yam selling stories by Oyegun. That is just politics.

The N2.3m/month monthly pension sounds unrealistic. What is the basic salary of a serving General? Usually, it is less than this amount. On retirement, you get a lump sum gratuity payment. Based on annuity calculations, in every case I have seen, the monthly pension after retirement is usually far less than the actual salary when one is in active service. This applies in the military, civil service, and private sector.

Do you have hard evidence that Buhari's pension as a retired Major General is N2.3m per month? Please share with us.
you further highlight your ignorance by asking if buhari's pension is 2.3million.every past leader gets a pension of 23million naira monthly.buhari rejected it as been outrageous and requested for 10% of that amount which is why he receives 2.3million as against the 23million he should receive
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by dabigwalls: 4:48pm On Feb 26, 2015
orinocopulse:
It's easy to spot people who have never left the shores of Nigeria and haven't even made an attempt to know what obtains elsewhere.

There are SHORT-STAY APARTMENTS that you can rent for as short as ONE WEEK. When some folks have courses abroad, for instance, this is much CHEAPER than staying in a hotel and it can offer a certain degree of flexibility that hotels don't offer.

So you don't have to rent an apartment paying 2 years upfront (with legal, agency and caution grin)
Thanks for your attention.

And where was it also mentioned that it was a short stay flat? Londoner answer.

Nigerians ascribing the unsaid to the said since 1930. In other lands, this is called gbefila.

Buhari is honest though.
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by orinocopulse: 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
dabigwalls:

And where was it also mentioned that it was a short stay flat? Londoner answer.

Nigerians ascribing the unsaid to the said since 1930. In other lands, this is called gbefila.

Buhari is honest though.

Hello. Thanks for your comment.
The statement doesn't say that it was short let. But it also doesn't say that it's a long-term rent.

A few of the respondents on the thread seemed to insinuate that because he was staying in a rented apartment, he must be spending tonnes of money YEARLY!! I was just pointing out that that is not necessarily the case. In fact someone even said that he OWNS a RENTED flat. Lol.

Also, I am not a Londoner as you put it. Lol. I don't need to be to know what obtains elsewhere. It's okay if some people don't know, but it'll make for better conversations if one accepts new info and learns from it.
Have a nice day
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by dabigwalls: 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
orinocopulse:

Hello. Thanks for your comment.
The statement doesn't say that it was short let. But it also doesn't say that it's a long-term rent.

A few of the respondents on the thread seemed to insinuate that because he was staying in a rented apartment, he must be spending tonnes of money YEARLY!! I was just pointing out that that is not necessarily the case. In fact someone even said that he OWNS a RENTED flat. Lol.

Also, I am not a Londoner as you put it. Lol. I don't need to be to know what obtains elsewhere. It's okay if some people don't know, but it'll make for better conversations if one accepts new info and learns from it.
Have a nice day

Hardly do I get reverts responses this mature on Nairaland. What a rare find!
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by poiZon: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2015
Gbawe:

Are you not ashamed of yourself? Buhari is going about his legitimate business and you are here talking as if him and his team owes you an explanation for what you should already know as an exposed and educated adult. What other information do you want? Do you want Buhari's PA to give you a daily report of the underwear GMB bought in London?

this guy is really bOILING, WHo wan boil beans o bring am BOILER don ready.

u shud be ashamed of yourself projecting n campaigning for someone who 34yrs ago labelled u future leaders yet heis draggng ur birth right with you.
u shud be ashamed of urself for being f00lish without comprehendng what i posted.
in d words of garba he said buHARI RETIRED TO HIS rented apartment', what even brought that into his speech if not cheap sympathy or he ran out of what to say.
buhari shud be ashamed of himself after being HEAD OF STATE, PETROLEUM MINISTER, PTF CHAIRMAN yet still he still rentng apartment in UK suburbs. meanwhile his children are schooling thr.
rUBBISH!
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by jamace(m): 7:24pm On Mar 01, 2015
Buhari and his APC people are looters. Buhari is enjoying rented quarter in Britain with looted funds and he said he will fight kworuption. Why is he not kicking against his campaign funds which are looted funds?.

Nigerians shine your eyes. APC is worse than PDP. Buhari is silently corrupt.
Re: Buhari Has A Rented Flat In London - Premium Times & Shehu Garba (PRO) by mercuryproperty: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
Go online and see thousands of short-term let in in London.

Find the Apartments for rent in Reading, Berkshire. Apartments rental listings are currently available. Compare rentals, see map views and save your favorite

Click here

https://www.mercurypropertygroup.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe At It Again / Radio Biafra Launches Short Wave Transmitter, To Begin Broadcast On 24th Aug 15 / Boko Haram Landmines Kill 5 In Yobe , 9 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.