Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? (3368 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Photos: Ocean Of Travellers Today At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport / Jonathan Transforms Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by iyeayo(f): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2009
Dear Nairalanders, please I need advice on a trusted and 'not too expensive' mode of transport from MMA to Ibadan. I am thinking of going home sometimes, but I don't have anyone to come and pick me from the MMA airport. My mama don old and can't drive in Lagos, and none of my sibs are around.

I am happy to even charter a cab, but I am scared of safety and trustworthiness of cab drivers. please anyone who has been home recently and used public transport from MMA interstate should please throw some light on the issue.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by hadexman(m): 11:49pm On Jan 07, 2009
There is no problem using public transport, before leaving 9ja which was about 3weeks ago. i boarded a taxi from berger to airport. I came into Lagos from Ibadan.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Hauwa1: 2:03am On Jan 08, 2009
i think i will ask you question abt ibadan hadexman grin
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by iyeayo(f): 2:12am On Jan 08, 2009
hadexman:

There is no problem using public transport, before leaving Nigeria which was about 3weeks ago. i boarded a taxi from berger to airport. I came into Lagos from Ibadan.

Pls Hadexman, can you pls explain how to get on the best and safest transport from Lagos to Ibadan. I don't mind chartering a cab, but must be a safe and reputable one registered at the airport. pls how do i find my way so that I don't end up in wrong hands? where in the MMA airport will I find registered ones pls.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by hadexman(m): 8:34am On Jan 08, 2009
iyeayo:

please Hadexman, can you please explain how to get on the best and safest transport from Lagos to Ibadan. I don't mind chartering a cab, but must be a safe and reputable one registered at the airport. please how do i find my way so that I don't end up in wrong hands? where in the MMA airport will I find registered ones please.

Am not sure you can find direct cab/taxi from the MMA to Ibadan, they can only take you from there to either Berger or any other place you want to go within Lagos. But its very certain that you can get it from Berger to Ibadan. Its very hard to see anyone among those taxi that will take advantage of you, so don't be bothered.

Let me know if you need my help.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by hadexman(m): 8:35am On Jan 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

i think i will ask you question about ibadan hadexman grin

What do you want to ask me? Am not in 9ja now, just sharing the little experience i had before leaving.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by funkybaby(f): 9:00am On Jan 08, 2009
@ poster

check:

http://www.avisng.com/index.asp

You can send them an email or just call to make your reservation and ask any questions.

I am not sure of their current rate, but as last mid-last year, they charged 6,000 naira flat rate from MMA International Airport to any destination within Lagos State. The cars are chauffeur driven, comes with AC and they are veryyyyy reliable and your security is also guaranteed.

However, i think with a little less than 10,000 naira, you will be safely driven to your home at Ibadan from MMA.

I hope this helps !
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by funkybaby(f): 9:20am On Jan 08, 2009
@ poster

Regarding making enquiries @ avis, i will suggest you ask for their rate for ''airport pick-up''.
The rate is different and lower than a full day car rental.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by yme5: 12:02pm On Jan 08, 2009
@ Poster,

You have nothing to worry about. I remember when last I traveled from Nigeria, I took a charter from Ibadan (Gate) direct to MMA Lagos. The price I paid was N5,000.

As for your case, there are special taxis operating within MMA itself that are registered and can take you to your destination. I know of a friend of mine who commutes to Ibadan from Abuja often and whenever he lands at MMA via Virgin Nigeria, he charters a direct taxi from the Airport straight to Ibadan. I think he pays between N6,000 - N8,000 undecided

All the best.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by jaybee3(m): 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2009
Might be able to get one of our drivers to pick you up if u wish (maybe your mum can follow the driver as well). This depends on the time of flight though (will work out fine if you arrive in the morning)
when r u travelling?

Or what if you rent a reputable driver from ibadan thats if your mum owns a car in IB, this way you get to see your mum and have absolute relaxation in your own car
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by iyeayo(f): 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2009
jay bee:

Might be able to get one of our drivers to pick you up if u wish (maybe your mum can follow the driver as well). This depends on the time of flight though (will work out fine if you arrive in the morning)
when r u travelling?

Or what if you rent a reputable driver from ibadan thats if your mum owns a car in IB, this way you get to see your mum and have absolute relaxation in your own car

I have weighed this option, but my fear lies in a situation where the driver, on knowing we are arriving from oversea and thinking we may have money and visa-ed passport on us, may want to play games. Might be the best way to go, but I'd rather play with an known devil than with a unknown angel. I'll see how I go sha. Thanks heaps and I'll let u know if I need some help.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by jaybee3(m): 1:13pm On Jan 08, 2009
coolios
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by sexychic09: 2:48am On Jan 10, 2009
jay bee
u seem like a nice guy
can we meet up ,if up for a laugh
i am free and single, pretty too if u wanna know wink
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by JJYOU: 3:08am On Jan 10, 2009
iyeayo:

I have weighed this option, but my fear lies in a situation where the driver, on knowing we are arriving from oversea and thinking we may have money and visa-ed passport on us, may want to play games. Might be the best way to go, but I'd rather play with an known devil than with a unknown angel. I'll see how I go sha. Thanks heaps and I'll let u know if I need some help.
agree with your opinions here. get a car from lagos airport that is best. dont do the ibadan one. dont be too trusting and gulible
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by cvibe: 6:31am On Jan 10, 2009
@ poster

Just before you exit the departure hall you'll find airport car hire service operating under the company name of Achan (their services are negotiable).
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 11, 2009
k.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Hauwa1: 1:35am On Jan 12, 2009
Iyeayo whatever you do make sure it is daytime you are traveling. like morning to ibadan. go safely and bring us gists.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by megastu(m): 1:15pm On Jan 13, 2009
Naija is not that bad. Infact it is actually safe. Just get to the airport, call a cab take u to the park, enter anor taxi to ibadan, period. As long as it is not a late night journey.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by chyk91(m): 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2009
dont be afraid, naija is not that bad, get a cab to a park and get a bus going to ibadan, period, just be watchful and careful and pls go in the day time.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by albino2(f): 12:43am On Jan 17, 2009
Iyeayo,
i'll be going to naija first weekend in february, apata/ibadan to be more precise.
when are you travelling?
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by MrCrackles(m): 12:44am On Jan 17, 2009
Okada boku for Muritala Airport
But carry your own helmet o, people dey dissappear nowadays when dem wear okada man helmet
! grin
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 17, 2009
I work and live in Ibadan so I would agree with others please make arrangements for a car-hire to pick you up from the air port cos the airport can be be very confusing o.

If you are not using registered car-hire service such as AVIS as someone suggested then i can recommend someone i use - you can get your mum to call him cos he lives in Ibadan that way she can check him out herself. Both of them can then pick you up at the airport so you'll be very at ease.

If you dont mind that option then let me know i'll put his number here.

safe trip
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by klemboy: 11:39am On Jan 17, 2009
IYEAYO, WHY WORRY URSELF OVER SAFETY AND SECURITY. LAGOS IS A CHANGED STATE RIGHT NOW. WE NOW HAVE METRE TAXI WHICH CAN PICK U UP FROM THE AIRPORT AND DROP U OFF WHEREVER YOU GOING TO. IT IS CHAUFFER DRIVEN, AIRCONDITIONED, BRAND NEW CARS , COMFORTABLE, CONVENIENT AND CHEAP WHEN COMPARED TO THE CABS WITHIN THE AIRPORT.
YOU CAN CHECK OUR WEBSITE OUT WWW.CORPORATECABS-NG.COM OR CALL ME ON 08053072042 OR 019519857.

FEAR NOT DEAR,  NO WORRIES AT ALL.
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Hauwa1: 9:30am On Jan 18, 2009
AVIS in naija, sounds nice

are they in connection with the AVIS in the USA?
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 03, 2009
Y
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by smile4kenn(m): 7:13pm On Mar 03, 2009
Yeah i used AVIS in naija 3 weeks ago,

Starbucks!, sum nigerians shuld bring them
Re: Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? by Hauwa1: 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2009
is it possible to fly from Lagos to Ibadan?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians in conch republic and slovenia / How Can I Get To Jos By Train From Port Harcourt / Contact sheet was given to me in US embassy my reaffirm case second interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.