Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? (41125 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? / Did You Not Know The Bible Clearly States That A Non-virgin Is A Married One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by H2O2: 11:36pm On Jan 07, 2009
Is the Christian allowed to marry a non-virgin?
Is the Christian only allowed to marry a repented non-virgin?

Now assuming she didn't repent, does that mean you're becoming enjoined with another man's wife?

confuzzled undecided

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by tope2000(f): 11:39pm On Jan 07, 2009
Errrrr . . . .
It would be a bit difficult to find a virgin in this 21th century
So im guessing most xtians wont be married? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by H2O2: 12:17am On Jan 08, 2009
Please answer this very important question tope2000!

But I agree with you.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by OBVIOUS(m): 12:42am On Jan 08, 2009
I don't understand the obsession with virgins or non virgins, what if one marries a virgin and they get divorced does this mean that the woman can no longer get married because she is not a virgin ?

Does the notion of non virgin or virgin also apply to men ? Most born again men I know are NOT virgins.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by H2O2: 12:43am On Jan 08, 2009
Please answer the question and stop taking it as an attack on your lewd acts.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by bronxdog: 12:45am On Jan 08, 2009
H202

How can you always be against women like this?

Ask yourself this question - how can you prove if a man is a virgin?

Why is it you are interested in a woman virgin and not a man virgin - because a man can still lie about his virginity and go away scot free with it - please stop this your question and leave women alone.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by OBVIOUS(m): 12:45am On Jan 08, 2009
What does the bible say about marrying someone you love ??

I don't expect a 30 year old woman to be a virgin when one marries her, Of course not !!!  Every biological human being has the desire to explore their sexuality and I must state that no one should suppress  this side.

In fact, for a man to marry a virgin in this day and age, he has to catch them young, like 21-25 years old. Most women or men after  that age, are lying if they claim they're virgins.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by OBVIOUS(m): 12:46am On Jan 08, 2009
@ bronx_dog

well said.!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by OBVIOUS(m): 12:48am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2, I don't take it as an attack. I'm fascinated by the obsession.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by OBVIOUS(m): 1:00am On Jan 08, 2009
My two cents is that marriage and life in general is much more complicated than SEX or Virgin or Non virgins issues.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by tope2000(f): 1:12am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

Please answer this very important question tope2000!

But I agree with you.

Not really sure about what the bible says about marrying non-virgins but what i do know is that Of course u can marry a non-virgin. If you genuinely love someone, you have already committed yourself to them emotionally. Even God himself recognises that bond if you ask him to and if you have sex with a person before marriage, this is no sin if it is done purely for love.  Surely as Corinthians tells us, love is the greatest gift of them all.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by syren: 1:19am On Jan 08, 2009
H2O2:

Is the Christian allowed to marry a non-virgin?
Is the Christian only allowed to marry a repented non-virgin?

Now assuming she didn't repent, does that mean you're becoming enjoined with another man's wife?

confuzzled undecided

Of course they are. A repentant fornicator is seen as no better/worse that a virgin.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by H2O2: 1:20am On Jan 08, 2009
Oh sorry, this is addressed to both sexes! I am not going to single out the women. The bible didn't say "only women should remain virgins"
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Lady2(f): 2:41am On Jan 08, 2009
Not really sure about what the bible says about marrying non-virgins but what i do know is that Of course u can marry a non-virgin. If you genuinely love someone, you have already committed yourself to them emotionally. Even God himself recognises that bond if you ask him to and if you have sex with a person before marriage, this is no sin if it is done purely for love.   Surely as Corinthians tells us, love is the greatest gift of them all

[size=16pt]WHAT THE H***?[/[/size]

You can have sex with a person if it's purely out of love before marriage? So why should we all get married? Do you know how many people have fallen in love with several others before settling for one? So should they sleep with all of them because they purely love them? What then is fornication?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by busybein: 2:46am On Jan 08, 2009
tope2000:

Not really sure about what the bible says about marrying non-virgins but what i do know is that Of course u can marry a non-virgin. If you genuinely love someone, you have already committed yourself to them emotionally. Even God himself recognises that bond if you ask him to and if you have sex with a person before marriage, this is no sin if it is done purely for love.  Surely as Corinthians tells us, love is the greatest gift of them all.

ahhh mba,no no no tope,u r very wrong in dis case,very very wrong

fornication is fornication,no white fornication no black fornication,dat same God is against fornication,so wat r u talking about?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by H2O2: 2:47am On Jan 08, 2009
Oh so Tope says premarital sex with the one you love is okay.
Now I need evidence from the Holy Book.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by tope2000(f): 3:11am On Jan 08, 2009
Excatly the u guys shud answer the question then since im wrong undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Cayon(f): 4:00am On Jan 08, 2009
tope2000:

Errrrr . . . .
It would be a bit difficult to find a virgin in this 21th century
grin grin grin grin  Funny but you are absolutely right.

bronx_dog:

Ask yourself this question - how can you prove if a man is a virgin?
 I am still searching for that answer

~Lady~:

[size=16pt]WHAT THE H***?[/[/size]
grin grin funny

@poster

a tricky and interesting question. I don’t remember seeing an exact verse about marrying a non-virgin or virgin. The only virgins that I know in the bible are Adam and Eve (God created them first).  If you read the bible men were marrying widows like crazy and it was ok with God.  Yet on the other hand, the bible talks about fornication - which is sex before marriage.

This is how I see it and I stand to be corrected. In Gods eyes, its wrong to marry a non-virgin who is not a christian.  But if the non-virgin is a born-again Christian then its fine.   Marrying a virgin is a personal choice for men and women (makes you feel special) Just my 75¢.  

All i know i don't want a man who has been around the world and back.  next ting you know he's falling asleep after one shot. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Peace
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Lady2(f): 4:41am On Jan 08, 2009
All i know i don't want a man who has been around the world and back.  next ting you know he's falling asleep after one shot. 

[size=20pt]AMEN!!![/size]
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Lady2(f): 4:48am On Jan 08, 2009
tope2000:

Excatly the u guys should answer the question then since I'm wrong undecided

Tope having sex with someone outside of marriage even though you love them purely is wrong. That person is not your spouse and you should only be having sex with your spouse. But we all know we are weak, and some of us fall into the sin of fornication, we can redeem ourselves, but we should not think that it is ok to sleep with someone outside of marriage even though we purely love them.

In my life, I have purely loved two men and almost married one, today we are not together, so it would be wrong for me to sleep with them or to have slept with them.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by tope2000(f): 12:37am On Jan 09, 2009
~Lady~:

Tope having sex with someone outside of marriage even though you love them purely is wrong. That person is not your spouse and you should only be having sex with your spouse. But we all know we are weak, and some of us fall into the sin of fornication, we can redeem ourselves, but we should not think that it is ok to sleep with someone outside of marriage even though we purely love them.

In my life, I have purely loved two men and almost married one, today we are not together, so it would be wrong for me to sleep with them or to have slept with them.

True talk.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by kushi1: 12:44am On Jan 09, 2009
A non-virgin @ heart
or
A non-virgin in act. . . . . . . ehn! which 1? undecided
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by H2O2: 6:33am On Jan 09, 2009
Both!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by sammyzacks(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2009
Physical virgins have undefiled bodies and are free from a lot of spiritual problems associated with sex.

A recycled virgin is one that is not a physical virgin but has repented by faith in Jesus and have been forgiven by God. God is able to restore her physical wholeness depending on her faith.

A non-virgin should be a prostitute that has refused to repent. Such a woman will lead you to the grave, run away from her.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:10pm On Jan 12, 2009
~Lady~:

Says who
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by JJYOU: 7:23pm On Jan 12, 2009
~Lady~:

thanks and God bless you
busybein:

ahhh mba,no no no tope,u r very wrong in this case,very very wrong

fornication is fornication,no white fornication no black fornication,that same God is against fornication,so what r u talking about?
true. now where is your bible?
Cayon:

grin grin grin grin Funny but you are absolutely right. I am still searching for that answer
grin grin funny

@poster

a tricky and interesting question. I don’t remember seeing an exact verse about marrying a non-virgin or virgin. The only virgins that I know in the bible are Adam and Eve (God created them first). If you read the bible men were marrying widows like crazy and it was ok with God. Yet on the other hand, the bible talks about fornication - which is sex before marriage.

This is how I see it and I stand to be corrected. In Gods eyes, its wrong to marry a non-virgin who is not a christian. But if the non-virgin is a born-again Christian then its fine. Marrying a virgin is a personal choice for men and women (makes you feel special) Just my 75¢.
should be more expensive than that.

Funny but you are absolutely right
i dont think so. the problem is there are more visible minority flaunty thier sexuality as if the whole world is doing it
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Betty605: 8:17pm On Jan 12, 2009
grin cheesy
Can i Just say that i am really enjoying this topic,
I am surprised you guys are answering the question without biting/abusing one another
(unlike some threads i have seen), please keep it up.

@Topic; I agree with Tope!.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:16am On Jan 13, 2009
Here is my take on this . . .

There is nothing biblically wrong in a christian marrying a non-virgin as long as she is a believer and she doesn't indulge in sex anymore. smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:20am On Jan 13, 2009
Now this

she isn't another man's wife as long as she isn't married. The only thing u will be doing wrong is being disobedient to God's word.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbeliever. As long as she is unrepentant, she is not saved and she isn't fit to be a wife for a believer.  smiley

your papa knows what is best for you  smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Sissy3(f): 6:42am On Jan 13, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Here is my take on this . . .

There is nothing biblically wrong in a christian marrying a non-virgin as long as she is a believer and she doesn't indulge in sex anymore. smiley

well said girl, now i knw u have been reading ur bible very well wink
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2009
grin grin grin

Thanks!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Marrying A Non-virgin? by duduspace(m): 2:54am On Jan 14, 2009
sammyzacks:

Physical virgins have undefiled bodies and are free from a lot of spiritual problems associated with sex.

A recycled virgin is one that is not a physical virgin but has repented by faith in Jesus and have been forgiven by God. God is able to restore her physical wholeness depending on her faith.

A non-virgin should be a prostitute that has refused to repent. Such a woman will lead you to the grave, run away from her.

You don't need God for this one, I'm sure if yu're ready to drop coins plastic surgeons will be able to come up with a surgically reconstructed hymen and some do actually naturally close up if the woman no longer engages in penetrative sex.

Besides, I don't know what difference it makes anyway the point is that another dick don enter the place and I'm sure she wasn't silent when that was happening. You either live with those images in your head and bear it or just forget about it and go and look for your own virgin while hoping yu are still able to keep your thing up by the time you find one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 80th Birthday. Buhari Congratulates Him / Chris Okotie Celebrates His 60th Birthday Today / Lady Cheated Death During Christmas Period. (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.