Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,153 members, 7,860,133 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:24 AM

Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) (48195 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Governor Wike, Holds Closed Door Meeting (Photos) / Jonathan Visits Ayiri Emami, Warri Billionaire, At His Home (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by macof(m): 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
Lol

The Oduduwa descent send message and communicate with codifed symbols which the wise one only understand.

For the sake of people who are not Yoruba or understand this symbolic msg called Aroko, I will try to explain a msg been sent to GEJ by Soun.

In the picture is a calabash been given to GEJ. This has a symbolic message in Yoruba tradition which his REJECTION.

Once a Leader is presented with an open Calabash (as that one in the pic is slightly opened), the message proclaim is, "the gods reject you, the people reject you, the earth rejects you."

Leaders who failed their people are the ones that receive this kind of Aroko. They are either sent on exile or forced to commit suicide. Lets come to think of it, GEJ said in many occasions that he will go on exile. This coded msg his ringing bell into his ears.

A llok at the pic also shows how clueless and ignorant the president is. He is laughing with his teeth opened when the King is codedly telling him he is rejected by the gods and people. Every words should not be said by mouth. . . .not all clothes should be spread outside. There are lot of ways to tell an elder he is mad; indirectly and codedly.

GEJ you are rejected by the people and the gods of Ogbomosho.

Pls go on exile. . . Like you promised.

Our vote is for Buhari. Meanwhile thanks for the farewell visit.

GMB2015

While you are right about the meaning of sending/giving an empty calabash.
You don't know if the calabash given to President GEJ is empty or not...if not empty then your post isn't relevant to GEJ's re-election
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by comrAIHali(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
lalasticlala:
The people of Ogbomoso trooped out in large numbers to welcome President Jonathan during his visit to the Soun, Sat

Never predict south west ! Only God!
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by Hallmark08(m): 7:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
haywire1:

NOT TRUE. In ogbomoso, we all fllw personality not political party ofwhich high percentage of people in ogbomoso land like Akala, Akala nw in Labour party thereby destabilizing PDP, even d son of soun of ogbomoso land (oba in pic) is an aspirant under APC (for rep).

So GEJ is wasting his time nd money

Forget about the son of soun, we aren't running an elite politics in ogbomoso, the prince will surely loose out the contest cos he is never connected to the grassroot and the king's authority as ogbomoso politics is concerned is an exercise in futility, the truth remain that akala commands more followership than any being in ogbomoso and the winner shall be btw akala's candidate or pdp candidate as long as house of reps is concerned.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by 7lives: 7:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
kelvine:
I know it will hit front page cos of the OP,well.....no comment.

Just Kidding

Don't hate GEJ is loved against all odds. His case is like David,he sinned a lot yet he is the apple of God's eye.
If you hate and quote this comment negatively I will only love you more.
GEJ till 2019.

Don't be deceived, they won't vote for him, these are my people, they are the ''ma Jo lo mo nwo eyin e'' type.
I'm sorry to tell you that this is how they always troop out to welcome every politician including their perceived enemies ask Awolowo, these are the Olugbon, Aresa and Olukoyi combined, these are the descendants of Oyomesi, they have answers to virtually every question, they'll reply jona on the day of election.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
macof:

While you are right about the meaning of sending/giving an empty calabash.
You don't know if the calabash given to President GEJ is empty or not...if not empty then your post isn't relevant to GEJ's re-election

What could be inside the calabash? Tomtom abi Kolanut that cannot be put in white dishes which represent honour to visitor? Or Oka and Oguro that could have dignify him which he would receive while sitting? Abi what is special in the calabash that the Royal host want to show off? This is message. . .only those with inner ear could hear it.

Look at the pic closely. The chiefs are not the one presenting the calabash. It is given in proxy. This is an insult to the visitor. It would have been a better a case if royal servant were sent. GEJ was not given any honour with this visit.

The Soun palace recognised his office as a president but treated him as a commoner. Balogun from a village would be valued and given better treatment than GEJ had.

If there is something in the calabash, it will be presented by chief or palace servants while opened for the receiver to pick or take whatever is inside. In this case, the Calabash was given to some GEJ boys to deliever to his boss. 'Won ran nise omugo o si je ise oun'. This is a typical case of ma jo lo mo n wo eyin re like the poster above put it.

GEJ is told to his face that he is rejected. You dont need to say everything by words. . . . .the Aroko simply is REJECTION

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by nazeefsco(m): 9:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
lols i never c Jonathan's poster until today here in d north u hardly c Jonathan campaign poster
;Dlols i never c Jonathan's poster until today here in d north u hardly c Jonathan campaign poster

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by lifeisshort1: 9:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan is only after the votes.... population dey speak

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
Trust Ogbomoso people to do the right thing.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by softwareman(m): 10:52pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rexyl:

Leaders who have concern about national interest at the time FG called for the meeting. We all know leadership of APC warned the party members not to attend. I wouldn't understand If the APC members that didn't attend the meeting are the ones you believe as the leaders that matter. You know participants were picked according to many factors. It appeared that APC was just a fraction of the expected concerned leaders. Leaders from other parties attended the
meeting, you know.
Stop deluding yourself. Most people in the south west do not care a hoot for the so called national conference. It is not an issue in this election and will be thrown out by the national assembly.

As for how the south west will vote in this election, clearly the word on the street supports a buhari victory,. My observation is that most people consider Jonathan a failure.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by chichriso: 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
VOTE GEJ
VOTE PDP

Shun does that need power by all means, they are enemies to our nation, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by Rexyl(m): 4:56am On Feb 23, 2015
nazeefsco:
lols i never c Jonathan's poster until today here in d north u hardly c Jonathan campaign poster
;Dlols i never c Jonathan's poster until today here in d north u hardly c Jonathan campaign poster

the same North where Jonathan mostly invested Nigerian resources at the expense of other zones... How we wish the money waisted on North so far is invested in the South... Industrialized South could have emerged!
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by Rexyl(m): 5:02am On Feb 23, 2015
softwareman:

Stop deluding yourself. Most people in the south west do not care a hoot for the so called national conference. It is not an issue in this election and will be thrown out by the national assembly.

As for how the south west will vote in this election, clearly the word on the street supports a buhari victory,. My observation is that most people consider Jonathan a failure.

You know I am not lying, will continue to say the situation of things, though some are still being morally and mentally enslaved. I imagine why you consider the report our leaders sacrificed their time, energy and even risked their lives, something to be thrown away. Some participants from Southwest almost had plane crash, but thank God. So you can consider the outcomes to be a big joke. No.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by bakila: 5:16am On Feb 23, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
APC folks will be like "what's wrong with this Ogbomosho people Don't doubt me dat some people's BP is rising above normalcy now.. Kai!! GEJ always being a boil in APC's nyash

GEJ till baba believes that chimp is his distance cousin..

Bros, Soun gave Goodluck a calabash, go check the meaning of that. That crowd does not look like one for a president's visit. I hope he will be satisfied on his acceptability and be ready to have the elections at the due date.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by bakila: 5:29am On Feb 23, 2015
lovepraise:
Instead I go vote for GMB I go throw my pvc into the sea bcus a vote for him is same
Blacky the Gejite. Sai Buhari, it will do you a lot of good.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by bakila: 5:36am On Feb 23, 2015
Akpan107:
If you ever think Buhari will ever be President... You need to think again. We are only commenting here for the fun of it. But Buhari will never be President!
Scaremongering, you dey waste you time. No shaking cool, no long grammer, no insults we are waiting for the elections. cool cool
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by Rexyl(m): 6:15am On Feb 23, 2015
bakila:

Bros, Soun gave Goodluck a calabash, go check the meaning of that. That crowd does not look like one for a president's visit. I hope he will be satisfied on his acceptability and be ready to have the elections at the due date.

You think ppl are in 19th century when opening of calabash had much relevance? People esp of Ogbomoso are politically independent and can't be influenced by the Obas unlike what is obtainable in some towns. People's support for any candidate over there is based on issues and achievements, even if the king present his own child the results may not work to his favour. Jonathan could have been more relevant to people, not the Obas, supposing he completed Ogbomoso-Oyo road, and sited one of those 12 Universities in Ogbomoso, and also one of the manufacturing industries. Ogbomoso people are not after what they will collect from any politicians for selfish interests, but what generations will reference and benefit from.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by bakila: 6:29am On Feb 23, 2015
Rexyl:

You think ppl are in 19th century when opening of calabash had much relevance? People esp of Ogbomoso are politically independent and can't be influenced by the Obas unlike what is obtainable in some towns. People's support for any candidate over there is based on issues and achievements, even if the king present his own child the results may not work to his favour. Jonathan could have been more relevant to people, not the Obas, supposing he completed Ogbomoso-Oyo road, and sited one of those 12 Universities in Ogbomoso, and also one manufacturing industries. Ogbomoso people are not after what they will collect from any politicians for selfish interests, but what generations will reference and benefit from.
Supposed, Suppose, I will. He has not done and thank you for agreeing with the calabash and it's significance. Soun is saying "my hand no dey oh Ogbomosho people-suppose this man did his job- I will follow you wishes.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by jomoh: 6:46am On Feb 23, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
APC folks will be like "what's wrong with this Ogbomosho people Don't doubt me dat some people's BP is rising above normalcy now.. Kai!! GEJ always being a boil in APC's nyash

Dey dia dey decieve urself.

Soun of Ogbomoso's son is contesting for federal house under APC.

Alafin of Oyo's daughter is also contesting for federal house under APC.

Now u go get heart attack between the 2 of una? APC or PDP?
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by OAUTemitayo: 7:29am On Feb 23, 2015
I need protection.
barcanista:
Nigerians eyes are becoming clearer. We can change from within the PDP. APC has nothing to offer
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by Objektive: 9:59am On Feb 23, 2015
If you are Voting, remember;

If you support PDP, you are paid to do so and apparently a thief;

But if you support APC, you are a patriot who is fighting for Nigeria.

If an APC governor award a km of road for N1.2billion, he is prudent and God sent;

If a PDP governor award same km of road for N500million, he is a thief.

If Fani Kayode joins PDP, he is bastard;

If Atiku joins APC, he is a democrat.

If Jonathan spends N7billion for his office par year, he is a criminal;

If Fashola spend same amount in a year, he is a saint.

If Akpabio approves N200Million as pension, he must be stoned;

If Fashola approved N300million for Tinubu he is a change agent.

If you cancelled toll gate as PDP government, you are an enemy of progress;

But if you build a road in Lagos, with tax payers money and toll the road, you are genius.

If you increase school fees as PDP government, you must be crucified;

If you do same as APC government, there must be a reason, cuz Education is not cheap anywhere in the world.

If you share Okada to the poor as PDP, you are poor peoples enemy;

If you ban Okada after election as an APC government, you are only helping the poor to stay alive, so you mean well.

If you single handedly make your daughter a market woman leader in APC state, it is for the progress of the people;

But if your wife is made a permanent secretary in your state by your state government of PDP, you are a greedy fellow.

If you spend N16billion on electricity without power and then support APC, you a navigator;

If you raise N500million through unbundling of same power, you are clueless.

If you fail to pay your workers for a month, but in APC, it is not your fault but someone up there;

But if you failed to pay your worker for a month and still in PDP, you are wicked human being.

If you force your family, in-law and girlfriends as senators and lawmakers on the rest of the party members, you a progressive leader;

But if you act like you don't care in PDP, you are dullard

If you tried to get a third term fraudulently by bribing the legislatures but failed, then support APC, you are democrat and the father of the nation;

If you try to get a constitutional second term in PDP, without their blessings, you an ingrate and silly.

In their time we had Halliburton scandal, ID card scandal, Siemens scandal, we have subsidy scam scandal, we have national stadium contract scandal, we have health budget financial scam, aviation sector scam, we had power sector scandal. How many people did he jail to prove he fought corruption? Rather EFCC was his big stick against his perceived enemies.

In their time we had a sitting governor kidnapped by a thug working for the president. We had a whole region of the country rigged in favor of his party. Morris Ibekwe, a wanted international fraud star won election under PDP.

They are part of those who stole Nigerians blind under PDP; Atiku, Obasanjo, Baraje, Saraki, Wammako, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Okorocha, Ngige, El Rufai, etc, but are today the same people financing APC and calling for "CHANGE".

Flashback to 1999, who were these people? Billionaires ? They where nobody. Today, they spend billions and no one dare to ask a question. If you do you are enemy of progress.

They started with "New PDP" when that didn't fly, they joined a cult group called ACN to become APC. Same character with different nam

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by yormite: 10:31am On Feb 23, 2015
Syphax:
This shows that GEJ is supported by all.Nairaland APC should stop feeding us lies,South West isn't for Buhari!

My fellow supporters of GEJ,come lets put these Buhari supporters to SHAME.

Click "LIKE" for Buhari and "SHARE" for GEJ

GEJ till 2019.
how many likes and share do you have that's how it is going to be come march 28 Nigerians are waiting to decide Sai buhari change is here

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by jomoh: 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Dey dia dey decieve urself.

Soun of Ogbomoso's son is contesting for federal house under APC.

Alafin of Oyo's daughter is contesting under APC.

Now u go get heart attack between the 2 of una? APC or PDP?

Your guy GEJ dey drum for them as they win

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by macof(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What could be inside the calabash? Tomtom abi Kolanut that cannot be put in white dishes which represent honour to visitor? Or Oka and Oguro that could have dignify him which he would receive while sitting? Abi what is special in the calabash that the Royal host want to show off? This is message. . .only those with inner ear could hear it.

Look at the pic closely. The chiefs are not the one presenting the calabash. It is given in proxy. This is an insult to the visitor. It would have been a better a case if royal servant were sent. GEJ was not given any honour with this visit.

The Soun palace recognised his office as a president but treated him as a commoner. Balogun from a village would be valued and given better treatment than GEJ had.

If there is something in the calabash, it will be presented by chief or palace servants while opened for the receiver to pick or take whatever is inside. In this case, the Calabash was given to some GEJ boys to deliever to his boss. 'Won ran nise omugo o si je ise oun'. This is a typical case of ma jo lo mo n wo eyin re like the poster above put it.

GEJ is told to his face that he is rejected. You dont need to say everything by words. . . . .the Aroko simply is REJECTION

So I take it you haven't been given a gift inside a calabash?
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
macof:

So I take it you haven't been given a gift inside a calabash?

Oguro.
Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by soulfood(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
stardom call to djs.....Great Music and djs for Events

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by horlabiyi(m): 5:22pm On Feb 26, 2015
Bayswater:

FYI, Alao Akala is even more popular than Soun in Ogbomoso lol

Ask any proper son of the soil grin
tell him/her

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos) by strawberryinc(m): 8:56pm On Mar 14, 2015
GEJisBOKO:
The Soun of Ogbomoso's son is contesting under the platform of APC for Ogbomoso federal constituency 1.

Jonathan, you are on a looooooong thing
dat APC soun is a long throat....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victor Ogbunbenro Arrested At Revolution Now Protest (Photos, Video) / List Of Senatorial Candidates Submitted By APC To INEC / Labour Party Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.