Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help (932 Views)

Best Answer To The Interview Question - Why Hire You? / Why Should We Hire You? The Answer To The Question! / Preparing For Interview Questions That Do Not Have A Right Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help by walexy14(m): 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
How will you Conduct the baseline Studies? And what is a baseline? can someone pls help me to answer this.
Re: What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
walexy14:
How will you Conduct the baseline Studies? And what is a baseline? can someone pls help me to answer this.

A baseline is used to perform analysis to
find current performance against to the
expected level for a specific activity in
established time-phase.

In Project Management, Baseline refers to
the accepted and approved plans & their
related documents.

Project baselines are generally approved by project
management team and those are used to
measure and control of project activities.

Though baselines are outputs of planning
stage, but they are referred and updated
during executing & monitoring and
controlling process groups.

Baselines give the project manager a best
way to understand project progress (by
analyzing baseline vs. actual) and forecast
the project outcome.

Baselines are important input to number of
project processes and outputs of many
processes raise change request to these
baselines.

Project baselines include, but are not
limited to:

Schedule baseline
Cost baseline
Scope baseline
Quality baseline

Baselines are prepared on triple constraints
– Scope, Time, Cost (and Quality) –
management areas.
All the above are
considered as components Project
management plan. Often the scope,
schedule, and cost baseline will be
combined into a performance
measurement baseline that is used as an
overall project baseline against which
project performance can be measured.

The performance measurement baseline is used
for earned value measurements.
Benchmark, Standard, Guideline and
Baseline are different words that are used
interchangeably in Management.

Kindly read through do a summery and see how this submission can help you, though I dont know the type project you are into, but I know this will give some understanding. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help by walexy14(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
@Freeboy604 yea!!! it actually does and Thanks. I actually apply for a post of a Training Program officer in an NGO and I was ask to write a plan on how I will conduct my baseline Studies and run the program successfully . so bros since you said project baseline are generally approved by the project management team . does that mean that I can get my baseline studies from the requirement been given out by the NGO for the Job post ?
Re: What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
walexy14:
@Freeboy604 yea!!! it actually does and Thanks. I actually apply for a post of a Training Program officer in an NGO and I was ask to write a plan on how I will conduct my baseline Studies and run the program successfully . so bros since you said project baseline are generally approved by the project management team . does that mean that I can get my baseline studies from the requirement been given out by the NGO for the Job post ?

You need approved plans & their related documents, which you can execute using baseline to analyze how you can carry out the project, using time, cost(budget management) and espected outcome, but in some case ngo has software configured on laptop which it use to test applicants. Though we can talk more if the need arise. Ok
Re: What Is The Right Answer To This Project Management Questions? Pls Help by walexy14(m): 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
I appreciate Man!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies In Lagos - Interview On Friday 24 April / Lafarge Latest Recruitment / Web Designer Urgently Needed For Immediate Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.