Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,297 members, 7,850,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:37 PM

GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ (32211 Views)

Falana Tackles Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku Over Private Universities / My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo / Watch Your Utterances — APC Warns Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 5:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
shouldn't we be interested in the progress of this nation? Rather than being a partisan in this. The statusquo of this country reflects the fruitlessness in the reasoning of people like you.

Oh boy! Sorry to burst your bubble, I don't play partisan during elections. I'm an electorate; a sane one at that. Electorates see the truths fro themselves and the sane ones make up their mind based on records, facts, achievements, body languages of public officers, utterances et al. but still does not call for sitting on the fence. You're quick to jump into the ocean of conclusion which only implies that you didn't take my post too well. Even the Jonathan the likes of you clamour for, would you tell me authoritatively that his reign so far has been acted out in the interest of the people? I reason well enough to know my left from my right. your status quo has nothing to add to me, hence, the need to bring it up is useless. It's quite saddening that a president goofed for the umpteenth time and the best you could do was to quote me because your digestive tracts in reading sharp posts are dormant. We're all inclined to politicians, electorates or not and nothing will/can change this
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by nonykdj: 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2015
Dronedude:
If it pleases the president to commend his political father rather than fighting back and exchanging words with obasanjo then I must say "He is a keeper" Obasanjo should know proper what election criticism can cause to a nation. He did worse to manopolize power in his time which earned an effortless transition to his second term and to think of him spinning the wheels for a third term which didn't work. I have always asked myself this question, how will General buhari feel when after his first tenure he is pressured to leave after doing his best. President jonathan is not the best God forbids he would be nigeria's best president but we can see his steady plan for the nation regardless of the distractions on his path. Jonathan made an etlitic comment and I'm good with that.
So on point
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by KHAYGOLD(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
In GEJ WE TRUST GMB CAN GO AND DIE.

THE 'PEOPLES PRESIDENT'

THE 'PEOPLES WHAT!!!!!!!!. Its time you understand that you guys are not "peoples", but "persons". Your population is not even up to 5cups of rice if counted one by one.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by splashbaby(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2015
Scaring investors as how? Is he more deadly than Boko Haram?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
KHAYGOLD:

THE 'PEOPLES WHAT!!!!!!!!. Its time you understand that you guys are not "peoples", but "persons". Your population is not even up to 5cups of rice if counted one by one.
Buh u people that are more populated than sand feed from our resources. Ingrates
Sick people
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
989900:

There is 'godfatherism' too in the states, virtually almost everywhere (silent/vocal/visible/invisible). I get what you mean though (liked ur comment), our is just tooooo much.
Thanks! I agree with you. Ours is indeed too much.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Raiders: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
criminalmindz:
and how is that GEJ'S FAULT. IS GEJ NOW RESPONSIBLE FOR OIL PRICES IN THE WORLD. EVERYTHING IS GEJ'S FAULT EVEN WHEN YOU CANT BUY YOUR GIRLFRIEND A VAL GIFT. IGNORANT FOOLS
you are an illiterate.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by 989900: 5:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
For those mentioning Russia, oil prices is just 30% of their economic woes.

Even if oil sells for $150/barrell today, Russia is still going to be a fxcking mess.

No thanks to tons of sanctions, and embargoes imposed upon them. And they've still got more coming their way shortly. If Nigeria had such restrictions— grin we'd be exchanging a dollar for N1,000 minimum.

BTW, Russia is as corrupt as hell!
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Kingspin(m): 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
legendsilver:

My brother, am tired of 16years mismanagement rulings of the PDP and Jonathan made it worst. In Edo state, lucky Igbinedion ruled for 8years with nothing to show for it, in Bayelsa, PDP has being ruling that state till date yet its citizens are so poor than most northern beggers. Guy, its time we try another thing and compare them. I believe there is no harm if we try another and compare which is better.
In America, they have Republican and democrat. Each produce a president giving the masses avenue to judge which is better.

As for me o!

Buhari is my president come May29
But we have members from PDP in APC and like some of them have serve one political position before even Pa Buhari. All of them u see in APC now where in Nigeria working for Nigeria. Did they impact ur life then? We are trying to turn another generation of leaders pls. Dont bring us back becos of hatred rather than policy and fact on ground.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Raiders: 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
MrEverest:
The Naira viz-a-viz its stability is a function of international trade balances I.e the value/worth of exports against that of imports. Now, the price of crude crashed from 100+ dollars per barrel to about 50 dollars per barrel. As if that is not enough, the USA stopped buying our bonny light. What this means is that we have lost a huge percentage of our purchasing power while wants remain constant! During the time of IBB, there was a glut in crude oil prices which resulted in the infamous austerity measures back then but due to better management today, the effect of it has been minimized. Google about the Russian Rouble & its crash since the price fall, only then will you appreciate the situation of things here in Nigeria.
stop comparing Russia currency depreciation with Nigeria. The main reason for the depreciation of the Russia currency is because of the US, EU sanctions. Other OPEC members like Saudi Arabia currency Riyadh is still stable despite the falling price of oil because they plan ahead incase the price of oil drop. The problem is our leaders refused to plan during the oil windfall by expanding our economy to other areas.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by iretiland: 5:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
This is the man Olu Falae and Odumakin and Adebajo are trusting his promise of implementing their 2014' conference for the restructuring of Nigeria. These three can only be a disgrace to humanity by their visionless decision.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by psalmsjob: 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
Sanchez01:
It is clear that OBJ's actions are dealing deadly blows to Jonathan's camp. For the robots that would likely come in here to say that he's not needed, your paymaster has agreed that 'Ebora Owu' is his political father and god, hence, the need for him to trash him is allowed.

By the way, how's intra-party crisis capable of chasing away investors

You need to be Clueless to understand how criticism of a non-performing president can chase investors away, actually you've to be a clueless person to understand everything GEJonathan says its mostly gibberish and fantasies of a drunk.

Now its OBJ that squandered the national reserves, its OBJ that made the Naira to be worthless, its OBJ that increased fuel price by 150%, its even OBJ that scammed us with immigration employment, its OBJ that let's Boko Haram kidnap those girls and told GEJ not to do anything about it, its also OBJ that told GEJ that stealing is not corruption and every other Cluelessness displayed by GEJonathan till date its OBJ.

Yes, its all OBJ's fault because he was instrumental to GEJ emergence as President but now the Great OBJ says he wants to correct his mistake just like all Nigerians in their right senses wants to do come #MarchForBuhari since you've admitted to your incompetence.

#NoWeCannotGoBackToFingerPointingPresident...We want a President that the buck stops at his desk not a president that blames everybody but himself for his failed government.

#VoteForChange #VoteForBuhari #VoteForNigeria

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by criminalmindz: 5:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
Raiders:
you are an illiterate.
HAHAHAHAHA HATERS

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
Later they likes of Fayose will tell us rubbish
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Gboskee(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
[ uwarka!!
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
I would be more scared as an investor if the sitting President of a country that is internationally known for corruption and stealing says "corruption is not stealing".

Obasanjo is a "has been" and is not relevant outside of Nigeria. No one is hanging to his words.

Additionally, investors will still come even if theres a civil war. Someone has to supply arms, ammunitions, etc grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ,it's not your fault.I blame OBJ.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2015
So to the genius that is Goodluck Jonathan, his inability to tackle security instability, crime, transport infrastructure, electricity power is attracting foreign investment abi?
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by atlwireles: 6:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
APC supporters always pretending to know jack. undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by psalmsjob: 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kingspin:
But we have members from PDP in APC and like some of them have serve one political position before even Pa Buhari. All of them u see in APC now where in Nigeria working for Nigeria. Did they impact ur life then? We are trying to turn another generation of leaders pls. Dont bring us back becos of hatred rather than policy and fact on ground.

The "past" generation of leaders in all their failings never dared say "Stealing is not currption" but this your new "turning" leaders are brazen robbers.

Yes there are former PDP members in APC but under GMBuhari's leadership it can never be business as usual; its all about purposeful leadership based on integrity which GEJonathan lacks to his bone marrow but GMBuhari has in abundance even overflowing.

#VoteForBuhari #VoteForChange #VoteForNigeria #SaiBaba

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by pekeyim: 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
rusher14:

Please don't display suchr ignorance in a public forum.

By fiscal discipline we would have had money in our external reserves to defend the Naira in such times.

It might interest you to know the Naira as depreciated by 80% in the last three months.

Contrast with a similar monoeconomy - Angola which has lost its currency strength by 10% in the last 8 months.

Remember, Nigeria had 6 years of optimal oil pricing as never witnessed before.

If this is Jonny Walkers fault, would it then be the fault of the masses?

Monoeconomy? What happened to the Diamonds?
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Kingspin(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
psalmsjob:

The "past" generation of leaders in all their failings never dared say "Stealing is not currption" but this your new "turning" leaders are brazen robbers.

Yes there are former PDP members in APC but under GMBuhari's leadership it can never be business as usual; its all about purposeful leadership based on integrity which GEJonathan lacks to his bone marrow but GMBuhari has in abundance even overflowing.

#VoteForBuhari #VoteForChange #VoteForNigeria #SaiBaba
How is that gona happen? What did buhari told u?
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by adedayourt(m): 6:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
So what sud be said of statemnt like "stealing is not corruption"
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by zuberuadi: 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ don't worry yourself. OBJ has gone to rest. you are winning the race come 2015.. #GEJ4NIJA

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by pekeyim: 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
BashMe1:

Oga it is. he brought in a clueless partner 2 manage CBN when Sanusi was doin' well already. our foreign reserve, on d other hand, is readin' 34bn dollar 4rm about 68bn when Obasanjo left d post. wu do u wanna blame 4 dat? as if dat wasn't enuf, RDAS/WDAS Window is shut down amidst economy crisis. guy, u gats wake up, Naija is headed 4 doom.

@ No time under OBJ was the Foreign reserve 68 bn, if you want to discredit someone please the fact shouldn't be altered.

"
The federal government who spoke through the Minister for Information, Labaran Maku, explained that “At the end of May 2007, Nigeria’s gross reserves stood at $43.13 billion – comprising the CBN’s external reserves of $31.5 billion, $9.43 billion in the Excess Crude Account, and $2.18 billion in the federal government’s savings."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2007-2012-movement-in-foreign-reserves-account/138991/

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by tundabolt(m): 6:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
oduastates:
Haha
This joke of a president still has the guts to shamelessly open his mouth.
How dare you insult our President like that? has he done worse than your father? If he has, you would have been taught how to respect elders. Pls respect his seat as President.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by babasanti: 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
Vote GEJ

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by bolliejay(m): 6:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
rusher14:
1 Dollar = 215 Naira only
#GBAM!!!!

Banks lending rate for new and exizting facilities 23percent from 20percent!!

and he says he is the best ever 9ja president(l guess it irony)

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by bamite(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
pweetixandy:
Mcheeeew! So boko haram is not driving away investors?

Epileptic power supply is not bringing ridicule to nigeria?

Bad roads is not driving away investors? Crime and insecurity nko?

Naira falling to the dollar at an unbelievable rate nko?

Its OBJ's talk that is "driving investors away abi"?

GEJ,start packing ur bags fah! May29 is closer than u think it is
haba..take it easy nw, nawa oh
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Lachynos2k2(m): 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
rusher14:
1 Dollar = 215
Naira only
and thats just d beginning.though I dont blame it on gej.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by ClintonDal(m): 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
Sanchez01:
It is clear that OBJ's actions are dealing deadly blows to Jonathan's camp. For the robots that would likely come in here to say that he's not needed, your paymaster has agreed that 'Ebora Owu' is his political father and god, hence, the need for him to trash him is allowed.

By the way, how's intra-party crisis capable of chasing away investors
How foolish can you be?? Ehh! Is PDP not the ruling party? Definitely chaos in their camp would affect the current administration which in turn destabilize the social,security and economy of this dwindling nation.
Sai Buhari
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by rasco2000me: 6:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
Before now baba cal jonatha .both prıvately b4 baba resort to open leter nıgerıan should be grateful to baba for speakın out how many elder can come out to speak.can"t u see what ıs goıng on ın yoruba elder after they hv colected money.can they speak the truth.they sold theır chırdren future for what they we gaın now ıs a pety

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically / Edo 2020: Atiku Knocks Buhari Over Police Siege On Wike / Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.