Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ (32202 Views)

Falana Tackles Obasanjo, IBB, Atiku Over Private Universities / My Detention Scaring Investors- Dasuki Sambo / Watch Your Utterances — APC Warns Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by juman(m): 8:46pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kai!

obj disgrace yorubas big time.

He should know he is not God and does not own nigeria.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Michellyn1(m): 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
In GEJ WE TRUST GMB CAN GO AND DIE.

THE 'PEOPLES PRESIDENT'
. May God rule your life just d way GEJ ruled nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by dreaderx7: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
So much for somebody the PDP said is not important. They NEVER JAM ROCK YET!

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177307-jonathan-tackles-obasanjo-your-utterances-ridiculing-nigeria-scaring-investors.html[/quote]
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Michellyn1(m): 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
For all those who believe GEJ has done well, may God rule your lyf just d way he ruled nigeria.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by 989900: 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
pekeyim:

2. Please this missing money Saga started with Sanusi bringing up figures without proper investigation. I watched Him before the House committee on the Matter when He was summoned and He couldn't defend the 49.8 billion dollars that was allegedly missing.
He later claimed it was about 12 billion, later again said it was 10.98, then said it was 20 billion. I got confused cos i'm actually not too good with figures.

PWC has audited and said about 1.4smth billion wasn't remitted. (Dealing with facts).

As for Soludo? Is he for real?? 30trn Naira?
Later said another 8.smth.?

Total of about 39 Trillion Naira When GEJ has been President for only about 5years and the National budget yearly is about 4. Smth trillion? So He's say 10 years budget disappeared in 5 years of GEJ and we are all still alive?? This is so funny "Crack ma ribs" dey learn work.

3. Please post the link for your number 3. I want to ensure we are reading the same document.

Thank You

Accepting NOI's figures (OBJ: $43b, Yar'Adua: $62b)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174461-excess-crude-foreign-reserves-obasanjo-lied-says-okonjo-iweala.html

One thing you must know is, both the accusers and accused, are world renowned experts at stealing/corruption/fraud.

It basically takes one, to know one.

You can only audit what is recorded/declared (which is by the way doctored), not what is not.

I worked at the Ibadan depot in '97/'98, I have a little idea of how it's done. And that is some child's play, compared to what the big boys do. Auditors can live there if they want.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by sani99: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ is ever humble, he has shown that even in the face of critics,different abused poured on him daily.He just want to respect Baba Obj. OBJ has been attacking him but GEJ has not responded.
OBJ utterances can impact on Nigeria Image and scare away investors...This is the message of GEJ to OBJ....OBJ is not the only former head of state.Let him take it easy with is political son,and also with his biological son Gbenga
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by pekeyim: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
989900:

Accepting NOI's figures (OBJ: $43b, Yar'Adua: $62b)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/174461-excess-crude-foreign-reserves-obasanjo-lied-says-okonjo-iweala.html

One thing you must know is, both the accusers and accused, are world renowned experts at stealing/corruption/fraud.

It basically takes one, to know one.

You can only audit what is recorded/declared (which is by the way doctored), not what is not.

I worked at the Ibadan depot in '97/'98, I have a little idea of how it's done. And that is some child's play, compared to what the big boys do. Auditors can live there if they want.

My brother You see, It was under Yar"Adua and GEJ not under Obasanjo like you wrote.
Earlier.

Well I could speculate all I want but I can only deal with facts!

But If I tell You I'm 630 years old. I'm sure You'll Believe me. After all my birth certificate was "doctored" and I said so.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by alfonso36(m): 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
That of Asari Dokubo is inviting investors
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by 989900: 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
pekeyim:

My brother You see, It was under Yar"Adua and GEJ not under Obasanjo like you wrote.
Earlier.

Well I could speculate all I want but I can only deal with facts!

But If I tell You I'm 630 years old. I'm sure You'll Believe me. After all my birth certificate was "doctored" and I said so.

This is what I wrote:
OBJ (after stealing), grew it from $4.8B in 1999 to $43B (while paying our Paris club debt) according to NOI (though OBJ claims otherwise). However, NOI acknowledges Yar' Adua grew it to $62B before GEJ took over.

And now what do we have left? $31B?

Going forward, any half-sane individual would expect progress (say north of $100B), not retrogress while accumulating more debt, though selling oil at the highest average price over the longest period in history!

Putting things in perspective, the Burj Dubai costs $1.6B, Qatar's ultra modern/futuristic airport costs $17b, China's 22,000MW Three Gorges hydroelectric dam costs $26b . . . ask China what it cost them to build the world's largest high-speed rail network (not those tins we call railway) in less than a decade.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Kingspin(m): 9:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
legendsilver:

Hatred is far from what am saying here brother, if I may ask.
In what ways have you benefited from PDP and GEJ's government?
Pls answer me constructively.
Waiting in anticipation
GEJ for a fact is transforming the country from roads, agriculture sector, youwin, surep, 1st economey in africa and fatest growing in the world and that is Nigeria. We see power plants built across the country, the trains are back, niger bridge, almajiri schools, i can go on and on. He is bringing a new era of issue base government not politics. One genuine thing about his govt is that the 6 geo political zones are receiving attention. I cant 4get the auto mobile industry right now we have cars that are made in Nigeria. I mean transforming Nigeria is on progress...
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by KHAYGOLD(m): 10:10pm On Feb 22, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

Buh u people that are more populated than sand feed from our resources. Ingrates
Sick people

Can you even survive without leaving your ravaged land. Am sure you would have died before now. Silly ingrate.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by legendsilver(m): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kingspin:
GEJ for a fact is transforming the country from roads, agriculture sector, youwin, surep, 1st economey in africa and fatest growing in the world and that is Nigeria. We see power plants built across the country, the trains are back, niger bridge, almajiri schools, i can go on and on. He is bringing a new era of issue base government not politics. One genuine thing about his govt is that the 6 geo political zones are receiving attention. I cant 4get the auto mobile industry right now we have cars that are made in Nigeria. I mean transforming Nigeria is on progress...
With all these achievements mentioned above, did you by any means listen to GEJ presidential campaign in Rivers state? I can still remember the challenge posed to him by Governor Rotimi of river state and how he(Gej) admits the challenge.

But bros o!

What of the following underlisted achievements or you forgot to add them?
1) Immigration job scam that killed Nigerian job seekers?
2) The fuel subsidy saga that almost broke Nigeria into pieces?
3) The high impunity staged at the national house of assembly against the speaker?
4) The chibok girls that were kidnap since 319 days, imagine if ur sister is among them?
5) The special state pardon granted to his friends.
6) The ekitigate election rigging saga

Bros, even in Bayelsa
Our eyes don open
No more my brother must spend 2terms in power

Buhari has come to set things better for all sundry
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by DeeMain(m): 10:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
criminalmindz:
YOUR A FOOL. GOOGLE FALLING OIL PRICES AND ITS EFFECT ON OIL PRODUCING COUNTRIES AND STOP COMING TO DISPLAY YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND STUPIDITY. STOP DOING COPY AND PASTE WORK OK. AS BIG AS SHELL IS DO YOU KNOW HOW THIS FALLING OIL PRICES HAS AFFECTED THEM GREATELY. IF A BARELL OF CRUDE OIL GOES BELOW $36 ALMIGHTY SHELL WILL SHUT DOWN . GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT , DO RESEARCH AND STOP SPREADING LIES LIKE APC

Guy, go get an education on this fast before advertising your blatant ignorance here.

If GEJ's government had saved up some reserves during the good times instead of the mindless looting and 'ordinary stealing' going on, we would have had enough money to defend the naira when oil price went south. No reserves or little reserves means naira can't be defended sir.

This is how it works for an oil-based economy like ours:

No boom savings = No doom stability
Boom savings = Doom stability

L.C.M = GEJ mismanaged our economy.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by chichriso: 11:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBJ the old fool

VOTE GEJ
VOTE PDP

Shun does that need power by all means, they are enemies to our nation, Nigeria.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Eluwilussit(m): 11:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
rusher14:
1 Dollar = 215 Naira only

Greece is running hat in hand to EU for bailout. It has nothing to do with Jonathan. It is global. The oil economy all over the world is going through a tough time. Nigeria is not an exception.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
kaî!!men I so luv GEJ!!this Man mature die!!4k all haters, y'all will die with your mouths wide open.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by rusher14: 11:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Greece is running hat in hand to EU for bailout. It has nothing to do with Jonathan. It is global. The oil economy all over the world is going through a tough time. Nigeria is not an exception.

[b]Please don't make it sound a global issue.

Countries like Gabon and Angola may have experienced some losses in the strength of their respective currencies but nothing close to ours.

The Greece you mentioned is not an oil producing nation yet has a much higher standard of living than Nigeria.

They've been struggling with their economy for a long while now as besides tourism and agro-allied there really isn't much else they give Europe nay, the world.

Nigeria enjoyed close to a decade of sustained high oil prices with Jonathan in Government for 8 years of that --try as he may he cannot totally dissociate himself from Yar'Adua's government.

A loss of 80% of one's currency in the space of three months says a lot about our fiscal discipline or lack thereof.

Jonathan is quick to wave the biggest economy in Africa flag even though all that happened was consider all domestic revenue streams that were hitherto not considered before.

The Jonathan government should man-up and accept responsibility for a dwindling Naira in the foreign exchange market.[/b]

1 Like

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Eluwilussit(m): 11:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
rusher14:

[b]Please don't make it sound a global issue.

Countries like Gabon and Angola may have experienced some losses in the strength of their respective currencies but nothing close to ours.

The Greece you mentioned is not an oil producing nation yet has a much higher standard of living than Nigeria.

They've been struggling with their economy for a long while now as besides tourism and agro-allied there really isn't much else they give Europe nay, the world.

Nigeria enjoyed close to a decade of sustained high oil prices with Jonathan in Government for 8 years of that --try as he may he cannot totally dissociate himself from Yar'Adua's government.

A loss of 80% of one's currency in the space of three months says a lot about our fiscal discipline or lack thereof.

Jonathan is quick to wave the biggest economy in Africa flag even though all that happened was consider all domestic revenue streams that were hitherto not considered before.

The Jonathan government should man-up and accept responsibility for a dwindling Naira in the foreign exchange market.[/b]

It appears that only the head of Jonathan on a platter will do. Go for it. Jonathan is not responsible for the oil price crash, is he? All over the world as I mentioned earlier, every oil based economy has been hit badly. Jobs are lost. Companies are downsizing. If all that happened to nigeria is just the naira, with no significant job loss, then we are blessed.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 23, 2015
The president of Nigeria publicly calling another man his father. Makes me so ashamed of myself for voting for him. How will he command respect if he continues like this? embarassed
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Objektive: 9:56am On Feb 23, 2015
If you are Voting, remember;

If you support PDP, you are paid to do so and apparently a thief;

But if you support APC, you are a patriot who is fighting for Nigeria.

If an APC governor award a km of road for N1.2billion, he is prudent and God sent;

If a PDP governor award same km of road for N500million, he is a thief.

If Fani Kayode joins PDP, he is bastard;

If Atiku joins APC, he is a democrat.

If Jonathan spends N7billion for his office par year, he is a criminal;

If Fashola spend same amount in a year, he is a saint.

If Akpabio approves N200Million as pension, he must be stoned;

If Fashola approved N300million for Tinubu he is a change agent.

If you cancelled toll gate as PDP government, you are an enemy of progress;

But if you build a road in Lagos, with tax payers money and toll the road, you are genius.

If you increase school fees as PDP government, you must be crucified;

If you do same as APC government, there must be a reason, cuz Education is not cheap anywhere in the world.

If you share Okada to the poor as PDP, you are poor peoples enemy;

If you ban Okada after election as an APC government, you are only helping the poor to stay alive, so you mean well.

If you single handedly make your daughter a market woman leader in APC state, it is for the progress of the people;

But if your wife is made a permanent secretary in your state by your state government of PDP, you are a greedy fellow.

If you spend N16billion on electricity without power and then support APC, you a navigator;

If you raise N500million through unbundling of same power, you are clueless.

If you fail to pay your workers for a month, but in APC, it is not your fault but someone up there;

But if you failed to pay your worker for a month and still in PDP, you are wicked human being.

If you force your family, in-law and girlfriends as senators and lawmakers on the rest of the party members, you a progressive leader;

But if you act like you don't care in PDP, you are dullard

If you tried to get a third term fraudulently by bribing the legislatures but failed, then support APC, you are democrat and the father of the nation;

If you try to get a constitutional second term in PDP, without their blessings, you an ingrate and silly.

In their time we had Halliburton scandal, ID card scandal, Siemens scandal, we have subsidy scam scandal, we have national stadium contract scandal, we have health budget financial scam, aviation sector scam, we had power sector scandal. How many people did he jail to prove he fought corruption? Rather EFCC was his big stick against his perceived enemies.

In their time we had a sitting governor kidnapped by a thug working for the president. We had a whole region of the country rigged in favor of his party. Morris Ibekwe, a wanted international fraud star won election under PDP.

They are part of those who stole Nigerians blind under PDP; Atiku, Obasanjo, Baraje, Saraki, Wammako, Kwankwaso, Amaechi, Oyinlola, Segun Oni, Okorocha, Ngige, El Rufai, etc, but are today the same people financing APC and calling for "CHANGE".

Flashback to 1999, who were these people? Billionaires ? They where nobody. Today, they spend billions and no one dare to ask a question. If you do you are enemy of progress.

They started with "New PDP" when that didn't fly, they joined a cult group called ACN to become APC. Same character with different nam
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Brunosamel(m): 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
OBJ should go and sit down and leave GEJ alone. Nigeria is third in the world for investors choice so why saying something that is no true.
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Collinsemegreat(m): 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
BashMe1:

Oga it is. he brought in a clueless partner 2 manage CBN when Sanusi was doin' well already. our foreign reserve, on d other hand, is readin' 34bn dollar 4rm about 68bn when Obasanjo left d post. wu do u wanna blame 4 dat? as if dat wasn't enuf, RDAS/WDAS Window is shut down amidst economy crisis. guy, u gats wake up, Naija is headed 4 doom.
WAS OBJ'S ECONOMY THE BEST IN AFRICA?
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by soulfood(m): 7:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
stardom call to djs.....Great Music and djs for Events

Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by ClintonDal(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
Sanchez01:

Heaven knows you're daft and you cannot just read between lines. For crying out loud, tell me why investors would come in the first place when the number citizen clearly backed stealing?
Have you held any public position before? The answer is definitely NO! Corruption of any kind always starts from the grassroot
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by ClintonDal(m): 9:01pm On Feb 26, 2015
Sanchez01:

Heaven knows you're daft and you cannot just read between lines. For crying out loud, tell me why investors would come in the first place when the number citizen clearly backed stealing?
Have you held any public position before? The answer is definitely NO! Corruption of any kind always starts from the grass root and only from the grass root can the change become enforced. Public ridiculing of the current administration by someone whose integrity is in question is a big sham and disgrace. When you identify a problem, the required thing to do is to propose a solution, not going about chanting change. Over 60% of those screaming for change have been in power with PDP for the past 16yrs.
We all want change, and there are different routes to take. Mine might be acceptable in the eyes of few, and so would yours. 1 + 8 =9 and 5 + 4 = 9. Just take this as food for thougt, change is inevitable but it comes gradual.
PS: I am not daft!!!
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by gentlesinna(m): 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
Obj does not deserve Any apology letA, he should go nd die 4 all we care, as an educated man, he should know dat GEJ is not in a contest wit him or cn a son fight his father? . Nyc speech my president, maay ur loyalty bring u gud fortune. Haters should kiss our asss
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by Sanchez01: 2:23am On Feb 27, 2015
ClintonDal:

Have you held any public position before? The answer is definitely NO! Corruption of any kind always starts from the grass root and only from the grass root can the change become enforced. Public ridiculing of the current administration by someone whose integrity is in question is a big sham and disgrace. When you identify a problem, the required thing to do is to propose a solution, not going about chanting change. Over 60% of those screaming for change have been in power with PDP for the past 16yrs.
We all want change, and there are different routes to take. Mine might be acceptable in the eyes of few, and so would yours. 1 + 8 =9 and 5 + 4 = 9. Just take this as food for thougt, change is inevitable but it comes gradual.
PS: I am not daft!!!
[b]If your definition of public position includes one in a tertiary institution, then I'd gladly tell you "YES!" Funningly enough, it was not once, and not twice. I was opportuned to hold positions that could have allowed me alter figures or compromise moral values without little or no risk/detection but I had one thing at the back of my mind through it all; "posterity will judge." I wouldn't want to dwell on the flaws of the PDP but I'd gladly tell you that a party whose members hardly take a moment of rest from chaos and strife and look forward to tearing at each other's throats is enough to indicate the output of such party. That the PDP is what it is today is because no strong opposition has risen over the years.

Corruption can easily be found in almost every tertiary institution in Nigeria, why this is so is because the grooming ground for huge tasks ahead starts from their. TRUE politics is found in schools and the concept of 'Change' in the PDP and the APC is not about the defection but about the ideologies these parties embody.

PS: You need not be daft to understand simple issues.

[/b]
Re: GEJ Tackles Obasanjo: ‘Your Utterances Ridiculing Nigeria, Scaring Investors’ by anonimi: 5:26am On Feb 27, 2015
Sanchez01:

If your definition of public position includes one in a tertiary institution, then I'd gladly tell you "YES!" Funningly enough, it was not once, and not twice. I was opportuned to hold positions that could have allowed me alter figures or compromise moral values without little or no risk/detection but I had one thing at the back of my mind through it all; "posterity will judge." I wouldn't want to dwell on the flaws of the PDP but I'd gladly tell you that a party whose members hardly take a moment of rest from chaos and strife and look forward to tearing at each other's throats is enough to indicate the output of such party. That the PDP is what it is today is because no strong opposition has risen over the years.

Corruption can easily be found in almost every tertiary institution in Nigeria, why this is so is because the grooming ground for huge tasks ahead starts from their. TRUE politics is found in schools and the concept of 'Change' in the PDP and the APC is not about the defection but about the ideologies these parties embody.

PS: You need not be daft to understand simple issues.

Abeg na which ideology wey APCheat represent wey different from PDP

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / We Will Ignore IPOB Provocations - Arewa Youths / Oshiomhole, Malami, SGF Plotting To Unseat Saraki Using Gestapo Methods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.