Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

In A Dilemma!help!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In A Dilemma!help!! (890 Views)

I Am In A Dilemma. I Don't Want To Be A Baby Mama / I Am In A Dilemma / This Is My Dilemma Help Me Choose. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A Dilemma!help!! by Rhebekah(f): 4:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
My name is Tracy.I was raised up in a divided home where my dad have to take care of myself and my younger sister alone after my mother left us for another man.My dad did all he could for us to see us through life.He sacrificed everything for us.He chose not to get married again because of us.Without being told u should know wat it means for a man to raise two females alone.That was a difficult and time-consuming task if u ask me.Throughout these years my mother never surfaced. To cut d long story short,I'm now old enough to get married now,but my dad insisted I marry from his religion which we were also brought up wit.Now d problem is,my dad wants me to marry from his religion at all cost due to his position and d love he is getting from d members!I on my part tried dating a man from his religion when d pressure from him was much.He threatened to disown me and never attend my wedding if I go outside his religion. Hmmm!this is my lovely dad that I can't trade d love I have for him for anyone!This man he wants me to marry is poor,he has no education of any kind not even secondary school but I am a graduate!The man in question is 39 while im 27.The man loved me very well and I've even gone to see his family but my heart is very FAR from him I swear.Now I want ur honest opinion,will I not be an ingrate if I go against my fathers wish?I will only be happy if I'm allowed to marry d man of my heart but at d same time I want my dads happiness,wat do I do?
Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by menix(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Will allow doz wiv kool head advice u..

Cous my kind of person wuld not even giv a fu*k wiv doz threatz.

Buh all d same put It in prayers cous my village pple say watin papa siddon see pikin wey climb weed tree no go see am..

D man fit later bcome person in life buh ur happiness is above all..

1 Like

Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by pweetixandy: 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
Is It the religion u have a problem with or the man? Make that clear. Also,what religion were u raised up in? I hope its not amadioha things .
Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by 1miccza: 4:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
The mere fact that you're not from the same religion and he isn't literate would pose a huge problem when you add the fact that you don't love him at all to the mix,i would say don't do it cos without love it won't work at all...

1 Like

Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by Rhebekah(f): 5:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
@pweetyxandy!The religion is my problem!spare me d details abt d religion.ok
Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Rhebekah:
The religion is my problem!spare me d details abt d religion.ok

Ma'am, I'm totally amused.

I mean who's life are you living?
Your dad or yours?

Someday like all humans, your dad is going to die.
And he's going to leave you behind with your unhappy life because you married a man you didn't love to make him happy.

I say make yourself happy and marry whoever you want. If your dad wouldn't understand your happiness comes first, I'm sorry but he's a very selfish man.

1 Like

Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by Expressions(m): 5:15pm On Feb 22, 2015
@Op, it's your heart, your happiness... we're talking about here. Who's going to live with this said man for the rest of your life? What happens when your old man passes on? Do you think he would be happy to see you in a sad deplorable state where ever he is?

Trust me, every parent, in the end, wants nothing but true happiness for his/her offspring.

Persons who genuinely offer help to others (be it from parents to their children) should shrink from expecting "life enslavement" from those who at one time or other received help from them. With this they end up destroying their self-respect and the value they should receive for the help once given.

Gratitude itself is an expression of purest joy.
Thus wherever there is no joy included, where no joyful elation is the cause for gratitude, there the expression gratitude is used wrongly , there it is misused!

2 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by ivyy(f): 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
Parents get it wrong sad
Of what use is it to marry your daughter off to a man who she's not inlove with?your hapines shld be your father's and he shld support you with whatever makes you happy.
That is his duty. To care for ,guide and love you till a certain age. He shld not expect you to exchange his love and sacrifice for your unhapines. Its wrong.

Try make him see reasons without hurting him. Pray to God but in the end if nothing changes and I were you, I'd follow my heart coz am the one to live my life and not he for me.

4 Likes

Re: In A Dilemma!help!! by focus7: 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2015
Your dad may not agree with your decision now, but think you go for what makes you happy. There's no point trying to please your dad now and live the rest of your life unhappy when he won't be around forever.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be Your Next-of-kin In This Circumstance? / Mothers Day Fiesta / Would You Allow This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.