Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 (2324 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Commissions 2nd Nkpogu Bridge With Wike (pics) / Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) / Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by spott(m): 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
The Olorunsogo Power Plant commissioned in Ogun state on Thursday by President Goodluck Jonathan, as part of vote-winning gimmicks that his government has done something for the South West people, was commissioned by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, eight years ago.

The Obasanjo administration actually built many of the gas-powered plants across the country, or awarded the contracts for them. They are now being commissioned by the Jonathan administration. The Olorunsogo plant, not far away from the industrial complex of Sango-Ota Farm, Ewekoro Cement and the Obasanjo Farms, was among the plants that were ready before Obasanjo left office in May 2007. And he cut the ceremonial tape to declare it open.

The plant, with eight turbines, could not produce much power, because there of inadequate gas supply.

Thanks to Okeke Godwin Iyke, we now publish the photograph of the former president commissioning the plant.
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/22/jonathan-commissions-plant-obasanjo-commissioned-in-2007/

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by cypha101: 6:45pm On Feb 22, 2015
I thought I was crazy when I heard this same project that I can still remember OBJ commissioned before he left office in 2007. I'm still stunned when GEJ did the same commissioning again, something is wrong somewhere.

9 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by spott(m): 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan dey fvck up ooo!

2 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Johnnyessence(m): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
can u now see now Gej is a failure .he has failed on every side d whole world is against of his government ,he should resign gently.sai buhari all d way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by ozo13(m): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2015
grin the man is jus looking gentle. Both r product of pdp.let me not call him names bt u know wats in my mind
cypha101:
I thought I was crazy when I heard this same project that I can still remember OBJ commissioned before he left office in 2007. I'm still stunned when GEJ did the same commissioning again, something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by utytill(m): 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2015
Go to court or adam oshobaba yarn"go and die"Next!

1 Like

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by doctokwus: 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
Any reasonable person does not even need to delve deep to know all this recent commissionings are scams to hoodwink the easily deceived.
5 weeks into a postponed election,a govt suddenly starts commissioning 'completed projects' all over,how possible is that.
A president that can shamelessly "commission a masterplan of the 2nd Niger bridge",can commission anything commissionable.
If he likes he shd commission a 500,000mw power plant,to otuoke he returns come may 29.

6 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by najoke: 6:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ: choi dis APC people don't catch me again grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2148940_20150222143555_jpeg0f011118e01fc758145ff683476bdd20

Afam4eva, OAM4J, Ikenna351, maclatunji, Ngwakwe.......FP thingz

7 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by slimfit1(m): 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
OBJ performed then so that's part of the $16 billion we are looking for.

2 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by sammyj: 7:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Like I said earlier in my former comment " This administration is clueless and a big joke and would not mind going to any length to hold on to power in order not to allow another administration come in to open all it's atrocities and expose the cancan worm called corruption associated to this government". Imagine GEJ coming back to commission an already commissioned project which can only happen in Nigeria. Rather than the clueless one to apologies to Nigerians for his past and present failures he decided to fool the wise people of Nigeria with this BIG joke. There is a saying that state that "a good man apologies for his past mistake while a great man correct his past mistake". To me GEJ is never going to change this great nation with this lies and deceit mission just because he want to continue to to hold on to power.

God bless the OPs for exposing what we already know, God bless GMB/PYO, God Bless Nigeria !!!

SAI BUHARI/Osinbajo

This must make front page oooo!!

3 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 22, 2015
If he likes,let him go and commission Third Mainland Bridge again, he is already a certified failure!!

8 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Femsyn(m): 7:16pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ tho! What does these people take Nigerians for? Fools?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by meforyou1(m): 7:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Oba of Lagos said 70% of the projects obasanjo commissioned were non-existent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
meforyou1:
Jonathan just commissioned a non-existent project.

Seems you don't know the difference between commissioning a project and performing a ground breaking ceremony. Jonathan is known for the latter.

grin

5 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Splashme: 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
[size=20pt]Plenty mumus for here

OBJ built Olorunshogo 1

GEJ built and commissioned Olorunshogo 2[/size]

8 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by taharqa: 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
All these APC clowns would not just stop been stuppid

hw many times would we repeat it: OBJ commissioned Olorunsogo 1 without any gas infrastructure sef. GEJ built the gas infrastructure for that power plant, and built Olorunsogo 2 from the scratch.

Olorunsogo 1 and Olorunsogo 2 are two DIFFERENT power plants.

Satisfied, ikpis ??

7 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by meforyou1(m): 7:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:
Jonathan just commissioned a non-existent project.

Seems you don't know the difference between commissioning a project and performing a ground breaking ceremony. Jonathan is known for the latter.

grin
Jonathan completed it and commissioned it. When obasanjo commissioned court of appeal abuja, the project was less than 50% completed. Which ground breaking

5 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by sholapot: 7:38pm On Feb 22, 2015
APC has been defrauding Nigeria since 1684

Sai Buhari! !!!!!
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
meforyou1:
Jonathan completed it and commissioned it. When obasanjo commissioned court of appeal abuja, the project was less than 50% completed. Which ground breaking
The Olorunsogo Power Plant commissioned in
Ogun state on Thursday by President
Goodluck Jonathan, as part of vote -winning
gimmicks that his government has done
something for the South West people , was
commissioned by former President Olusegun
Obasanjo in 2007, eight years ago.
The Obasanjo administration actually built
many of the gas -powered plants across the
country, or awarded the contracts for them .
They are now being commissioned by the
Jonathan administration. The Olorunsogo
plant , not far away from the industrial
complex of Sango -Ota Farm , Ewekoro Cement
and the Obasanjo Farms , was among the
plants that were ready before Obasanjo left
office in May 2007. And he cut the ceremonial
tape to declare it open .

The plant , with eight turbines, could not
produce much power, because there of
inadequate gas supply .
Thanks to Okeke Godwin Iyke , we now publish
the photograph of the former president
commissioning the plant .

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/jonathan-commissions-plant-obasanjo-commissioned-in-2007/
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by anonimi: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2015
berem:
The Olorunsogo Power Plant commissioned in Ogun state on Thursday by President Goodluck Jonathan, as part of vote -winning gimmicks that his government has done something for the South West people , was commissioned by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, eight years ago.
The Obasanjo administration actually built many of the gas -powered plants across the country, or awarded the contracts for them .
They are now being commissioned by the Jonathan administration. The Olorunsogo plant , not far away from the industrial complex of Sango -Ota Farm , Ewekoro Cement and the Obasanjo Farms , was among the plants that were ready before Obasanjo left office in May 2007. And he cut the ceremonial tape to declare it open .
The plant , with eight turbines, could not produce much power, because there of inadequate gas supply .
Thanks to Okeke Godwin Iyke , we now publish
the photograph of the former president
commissioning the plant .

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/jonathan-commissions-plant-obasanjo-commissioned-in-2007/

Why did you not include this DISCLAIMER from the web site:

PM News could however not verify the picture of Obasanjo commissioning the same Olorunsogo Power Plant as at the time of filing this report.

Is this how you earn your living having abandoned your sewing shop- by confusing your fellow citizens with distortions, half-truths and outright LIES.

What a waste!

BTW, the highlighted point to substantial work still needed to be done ASSUMING Obasanjo actually commissioned the plant.
Moreover if OBJ awarded contracts it took Jonathan to PAY for their execution. This is much better than Buhari who only CANCELS other people's good, progressive works.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by brixton: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kai agrieved people' congress don't know the difference between Olorunsogo 1 and Olorunsogo 2. What hatred will cause eh!!

1 Like

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by simpleseyi: 8:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
Splashme:
[size=20pt]Plenty mumus for here

OBJ built Olorunshogo 1

GEJ built and commissioned Olorunshogo 2[/size]

You are very right my brother.

imPatience Sheppopo Jonathan built and commissioned Olorunshogo 3

Asari Dokubo built and commissioned Olorunshogo 4

Edwin Clarke built and commissioned Olorunshogo 5

I hope you are now happy. Now, take biscuit and stop crying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by GentleToks(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2015
spott:
The Olorunsogo Power Plant commissioned in Ogun state on Thursday by President Goodluck Jonathan, as part of vote-winning gimmicks that his government has done something for the South West people, was commissioned by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, eight years ago.

The Obasanjo administration actually built many of the gas-powered plants across the country, or awarded the contracts for them. They are now being commissioned by the Jonathan administration. The Olorunsogo plant, not far away from the industrial complex of Sango-Ota Farm, Ewekoro Cement and the Obasanjo Farms, was among the plants that were ready before Obasanjo left office in May 2007. And he cut the ceremonial tape to declare it open.

The plant, with eight turbines, could not produce much power, because there of inadequate gas supply.

Thanks to Okeke Godwin Iyke, we now publish the photograph of the former president commissioning the plant.
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/02/22/jonathan-commissions-plant-obasanjo-commissioned-in-2007/

I said it in that thread that Obasanjo govt built and commissioned all these power plant being recommissioned again by Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
simpleseyi:

You are very right my brother.

imPatience Sheppopo Jonathan built and commissioned Olorunshogo 3

Asari Dokubo built and commissioned Olorunshogo 4

Edwin Clarke built and commissioned Olorunshogo 5

I hope you are now happy. Now, take biscuit and stop crying.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by deji68: 8:23pm On Feb 22, 2015
After series of negotiation and payment of $407.3 million,[5] The Federal Government of Nigeria handed over Egbin Thermal Power Plant to the core investor, a joint venture between Sahara Power Group and KEPCO, on the 1st of November, 2013.[6] The first attempt to privatising Egbin Power plant was in May 2007 when KEPCO Energy Resources offered to pay $280 million to acquire 51 per cent shares of the company. As a confirmation of their interest KEPCO paid $28 million, being the initial payment of 10 per cent of the bid price.

As a result of unresolved issues, such as power purchase and gas supply agreement, the process was halted.

In 2013, as a continuity of the 2007 agreement between the FGN and KEPCO, the South Korean power company, was granted approval to
cool cool cool
acquire additional 19 per cent of the plant at a new evaluation cost. National Council on Privatisation (NCP) approved the transaction while the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) handled the sale process. BPE set a deadline for the payment of $407.3 million (about N63.95 billion), which was the new price at which 70% of the plant was valued.[7]

Rehabilitation of Unit[edit]
The rehabilitation of Unit Six (ST-06) in Egbin, Which suffered a boiler tube explosion in 2006, began in November, 2014 and was completed in January, 2015.[8] This rehabilitation restored the plant back to its full capacity of 1320MW and was carried out by Hitachi.

Korea Electrical Power Nigeria Limited currently serves as a technical partner to Sahara Power Group, with goal of overhauling all the units in the plant, while achieving 85 per cent power availability and 34 per cent efficiency.[9]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egbin_Thermal_Power_Station
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Phoenix212(m): 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
a winning team is a winning team.y was it written boldly recommission.i see sm stuffs here nd d way ppl comment shabbily bc of ignorance and ethnicity shuvinism.its obvious dat dele momodu is frustrated.. dats how he released half pic of Jonathan to accuse him of wanting to islamise Nigeria. can u imajin dat? is it not ridiculous?
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by juman(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
meforyou1:

Kabiyesi was right.

Even commissioning by jonathan nah fake. How many megawatts truly added from Power Plant.

2 Likes

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by seunfly: 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2015
Who does not know olorunsogo and papa alanto power plants were functioning b4 Gej?

I was even thinking may be their was an expansion only to see that it was the same olorunsogo power plant.

1 Like

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by NPComplete: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
seunfly:
Who does not know olorunsogo and papa alanto power plants were functioning b4 Gej?

I was even thinking may be their was an expansion only to see that it was the same olorunsogo power plant.

Guy stop being daft. I work in the power sector. The Olorusogo Phase 2 was built and commisioned by GEJ. I know someone who got a job with GE because he was doing a course with NAPTIN last year when GE was building the plant. Capisce?
Even Egbin 6 was just overhauled last year and commisioned by the minister of power this year. Ask questions before rushing to comment on what u dont know.
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by ELOGBO: 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
What did most of u know abt Power Plant Engineering? alway make consultation before commenting unnecessarily so as to avoid Hell fire with your mouth
GEJ is an Innovative Leader, mind you i cant argue with you.
Vote for Continuity
Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
These people are funny...lol.
That power plant has two phases, Obj commissioned phase I in 2007 and GEJ did PhaseII in 2015. Some people need to do research before embarrassing thimselves.

1 Like

Re: Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Ovamboland(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:
These people are funny...lol.
That power plant has two phases, Obj commissioned phase I in 2007 and GEJ did PhaseII in 2015. Some people need to do research before embarrassing thimselves.

Chai see what mighty Barcanista has turned to real pity embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided undecided

Where was the plant phases mentioned in the reports,they just went to town with 750 MW plant commissioned story. The plant was over 400 MW when OBJ commissioned it in 2007. The plants delivered little power then just as this one in 2015 has not caused any noticeable improvement in power supply. Same trick different characters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Waiting For Sahara Reporter's Success/positive News On Bokoharam / Oni Of Ife And Yoruba Obas Praying For GEJ In Pix / Orubebe's Profile Updated On Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.