Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 (4672 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Commissions 2nd Nkpogu Bridge With Wike (pics) / Patrol Vehicles And Motorcycles To Be Commissioned In Lagos( Pix) / Busted: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Larufa(m): 8:19pm On Feb 22, 2015
The Olorunsogo Power Plant commissioned in Ogun state on Thursday by President Goodluck Jonathan, as part of vote-winning gimmicks that his government has done something for the South West people, was commissioned by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, eight years ago.
The Obasanjo administration actually built many of the gas-powered plants across the country, or awarded the contracts for them. They are now being commissioned by the Jonathan administration. The Olorunsogo plant, not far away from the industrial complex of Sango-Ota Farm, Ewekoro Cement and the Obasanjo Farms, was among the plants that were ready before Obasanjo left office in May 2007. And he cut the ceremonial tape to declare it open.

The plant, with eight turbines, could not produce much power, because there of inadequate gas supply.
Thanks to Okeke Godwin Iyke, we now publish the photograph of the former president commissioning the plant.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/jonathan-commissions-plant-obasanjo-commissioned-in-2007/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by 9jvirgin(m): 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2015
Shame to gej Mr. Dunce

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by lorddannie: 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
Chai, Mbaka why? grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by lawsarma: 8:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
realy.......not commissioning its recommissioning

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by kestolove95(m): 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
But gej why?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Rilwayne001: 8:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
I was about posting this but the OP beat me to it.

Shame on the clueless drunking master.

#YorubasHaveDecided to vote GMB/PYO cool

Change is imminent.

Seun lalasticlala please do the needful.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by sublimes: 8:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ commissioned the SECOND phase of the plant. Always do your research well.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by kasheemawo(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
Hahaahahaha JEG Į̸̸̨§ a certified criminal

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by minister2015: 9:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
GEJ is a pathological liar! what a fool r U!

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2015
Oga jona na when u turn to yahoo+

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by mumumugu(m): 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
When obj commisioned it, was it working?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Boscojugunu(m): 9:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jonathan. Na wa ooooi cool sad smiley[img][/img][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
OP what Jonathan commissioned is the second phase. Anyway, what is most important is that we have electricity. So far it has improved significantly. Did we enjoy this under Obj?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:
OP what Jonathan commissioned is the second phase. Anyway, what is most important is that we have electricity. So far it has improved significantly. Did we enjoy this under Obj?
You have electricity? Really

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by enm(m): 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2015
Larufa:
The Olorunsogo Power Plant commissioned in Ogun state on Thursday by President Goodluck Jonathan, as part of vote-winning gimmicks that his government has done something for the South West people, was commissioned by former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007, eight years ago.
The Obasanjo administration actually built many of the gas-powered plants across the country, or awarded the contracts for them. They are now being commissioned by the Jonathan administration. The Olorunsogo plant, not far away from the industrial complex of Sango-Ota Farm, Ewekoro Cement and the Obasanjo Farms, was among the plants that were ready before Obasanjo left office in May 2007. And he cut the ceremonial tape to declare it open.

The plant, with eight turbines, could not produce much power, because there of inadequate gas supply.
Thanks to Okeke Godwin Iyke, we now publish the photograph of the former president commissioning the plant.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/02/22/jonathan-commissions-plant-obasanjo-commissioned-in-2007/

What i hate is most in this current political atmosphere is the act of deliberate disinformation or passing out wrong and incorrect fact. Please ops go back and do a proper research and come tell us what you discovered.

Because i don't like the person in power does not mean i must do everything possible both morally and immoral to drive him or her out.

We should becareful of our actions and inaction, they all have effect. Now we are shouting, dancing and clapping but tomorrow blame no one if the cry you cry tomorrow is more than the one you are crying now because the foundations we are all laying now, i pray God have mercy on us.

Please let do things right and in order. Please am not campaigning here, so vote according to your conscience and let others too do the same. Don't mislead people or provide wrong fact to win vote. As for me, let God will be done not the will of the people or masses.

And please don't tell me the will of the people or voice of the masses is that of God because sometime most of the time the will of God or voice of God is far far different from that of the masses.

GOD bless us all and God bless and save Nigeria from us and our enemy.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
I said it had improved significantly. I never said it has stabilised.
Obiagelli:

You have electricity? Really

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by yuio33: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
sad

[size=38pt]Which power plant are you talking about that obasanjo commission. ?

Jonathan built, not obasanjo, obasanjo sign contract nobody see the project
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 9:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:

lies.. it has gotten worse.. intact worse than 2 years ago.. stop peddling lies.. until we have at least 10,000 megawatts promised us in 2011 by Janathan at the end of his tenure, do not come here to spread any "it has improved bla bla black".

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:
Okay, still the same here, waiting for the rainy season.

Offtopic

How are u recovering from yesterday's defeat? Glad i didnt watch the match sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 22, 2015
honeric01:

lies.. it has gotten worse.. intact worse than 2 years ago.. stop peddling lies.. until we have at least 10,000 megawatts promised us in 2011 by Janathan at the end of his tenure, do not come here to spread any "it has improved bla bla black".

I don't know where you live bro but I enjoy between 18 to 20 hours of power daily since January 2014 till this moment as I type.

When I first noticed this in 2014, I had to drive down to the PHCN office supporting my area and they explained that the newly built 7.5 MVA injection sub station in my area had been completed and that I should kiss goodbye to power issues. True to their word, I have not had cause to use my generator since then. I have a 3.5KVA inverter that takes care of the remaining few hours that power goes off daily and this is just about 4 to 6 hours, so frankly speaking, I have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply for over a year now.
If you need more details, I will be more than willing to share

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
My dear, that defeat really shocked me. I'm yet to recover. I don't know what Enrique is up to.
Obiagelli:

Okay, still the same here, waiting for the rainy season.

Offtopic

How are u recovering from yesterday's defeat? Glad i didnt watch the match sef.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lobeez:

I don't know where you live bro but I enjoy between 18 to 20 hours of power daily since January 2014 till this moment as I type.

When I first noticed this in 2014, I had to drive down to the PHCN office supporting my area and they explained that the newly built 7.5 MVA injection sub station in my area had been completed and that I should kiss goodbye to power issues. True to their word, I have not had cause to use my generator since then. I have a 3.5KVA inverter that takes care of the remaining few hours that power goes off daily and this is just about 4 to 6 hours, so frankly speaking, I have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply for over a year now.

I live in Lagos (egbeda), now where do you live?

As long as we are still ranging between 3,000 and 4000 megawatts, then the story of improvement is nothing but scam, what is happening is robbing peter to pay Paul. you can't give what you don't have!

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lobeez:

My guy, you don't honor some people with response when their intent is to argue for the sake of argument.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 10:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:
My guy, you don't honor some people with response when their intent is to argue for the sake of argument.

And I thought you were matured enough... I thought wrong even as a Barcelona fan... pity..

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:
My dear, that defeat really shocked me. I'm yet to recover. I don't know what Enrique is up to.
I tire o, the closer we get to upstaging real, the boys somehow decide to mess things up.

Have a nice week ahead brother.
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2015
honeric01:

I live in Lagos (egbeda), now where do you live?

As long as we are still ranging between 3,000 and 4000 megawatts, then the story of improvement is nothing but scam, what is happening is robbing peter to pay Paul. you can't give what you don't have!

I live in Enugu and its the same story with most people here at least in the metropolis. Some other people I know in some parts of PH and anambra also testify of this same improvement. I have friends and family members in Lagos and I know the situation there is not exactly like mine for some of them but I can tell you with all confidence that a lot is going on and the results will soon be felt by all.

I have friends working on various power plant projects and some in gas projects and I have taken time to engage them so I can relate to what they have told me because of my experience.

I spend about N6000 monthly on prepaid energy units for my entire house and I do it with all pleasure.

I have attached a picture of the 7.5MVA transformer in the substation I visited which serves my area, this was when it was newly completed in January 2014

Thanks

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lobeez:

I live in Enugu and its the same story with most people here at least in the metropolis. Some other people I know in some parts of PH and anambra also testify of this same improvement. I have friends and family members in Lagos and I know the situation there is not exactly like mine for some of them but I can tell you with all confidence that a lot is going on and the results will soon be felt by all.

I have friends working on various power plant projects and some in gas projects and I have taken time to engage them so I can relate to what they have told me because of my experience.

I spend about N6000 monthly on prepaid energy units for my entire house and I do it with all pleasure.

I have attached a picture of the 7.5MVA transformer in the substation I visited which serves my area, this was when it was newly completed in January 2014

Thanks

Enugu has always enjoyed light for years now, didn't start 4 years ago, at least I have friends in Enugu who keep teasing me when I complain about light.. like I said, as long as we keep struggling between 3,000 and 4,000 megawatts for good 16 years, then I won't call anything I see improvement.. at least let's have 10,000 megawatts for these 16 years of PDP rule.. is this too much to ask?

you guys in enugu enjoy light to the detriment of other parts of the country.. its robbing peter to pay Paul...!

BTW . uploading transformer does not explain anything bro since transformer is not what generates light so I don't see the need for the upload.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by nwaanambra1(m): 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
barcanista:

Is Okupe your father? cause you sure sound like the son of a bast. . d! grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2015
honeric01:

Enugu has always enjoyed light for years now, didn't start 4 years ago, at least I have friends in Enugu who keeps teasing me when I complain about light.. like I said, as long as we keep struggling between 3,000 and 4,000 megawatts for good 16 years, then I won't call anything I see improvement.. at least let's have 10,000 megawatts for these 16 years of PDP rule.. is this too much to ask?

you guys in enugu enjoy light to the detriment of other parts of the country.. its robbing peter to pay Paul...!

BTW . uploading transformer does not explain anything bro since transformer is not what generates light so I don't see the need for the upload.

When I came to Enugu several years ago, I never had up to 5 hours of power in a whole day, I have a 15KVA Lister generator, a 2.5KVA generator and a 3.5KVA inverter just so I can at least provide power for myself since the govt wasn't doing it. But in January 2014 it all changed and I now have up to 20hrs of power daily. This improvement extends beyond Enugu; a friend who lives in PH testifies of this improvement, in fact in one of our chats, he said he hasn't used his generator for over six months, he lives in trans Amadi.

The transformer is part of the injection substation linked to the NIPP project. Yea, the transformer doesn't generate power but it receives power coming from the grid, so it means there is enough in the grid to have brought about the improvement that I see

Truth is that power has improved for me, if it hasn't for you then I'm sorry bro. . . not my fault
Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 10:55pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lobeez:

When I came to Enugu several years ago, I never had up to 5 hours of power in a whole day, I have a 15KVA Lister generator, a 2.5KVA generator and a 3.5KVA inverter just so I can at least provide power for myself since the govt wasn't doing it. But in January 2014 it all changed and I now have up to 20hrs of power daily. This improvement extends beyond Enugu; a friend who lives in PH testifies of this improvement, in fact in one of our chats, he said he hadn't used his generator for over six months, he lives in trans Amadi.

The transformer is part of the injection substation linked to the NIPP project

Truth is that power has improved for me, if it hasn't for you then I'm sorry bro. . . not my fault

Do we generate more than 4000 megawatts?

In every state in Nigeria, there are special areas that always enjoy power.. its an opened secret..but using these areas to judge improvements in power stability is wrong bro.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by honeric01(m): 10:58pm On Feb 22, 2015
Lobeez:

When I came to Enugu several years ago, I never had up to 5 hours of power in a whole day, I have a 15KVA Lister generator, a 2.5KVA generator and a 3.5KVA inverter just so I can at least provide power for myself since the govt wasn't doing it. But in January 2014 it all changed and I now have up to 20hrs of power daily. This improvement extends beyond Enugu; a friend who lives in PH testifies of this improvement, in fact in one of our chats, he said he hadn't used his generator for over six months, he lives in trans Amadi.

The transformer is part of the injection substation linked to the NIPP project

Do we generate more than 4000 megawatts?

and I tell you that power in Enugu didn't start in 2014, its been like that .. intact to make it easy, there are post on this forum as old as 2009, 2010 talking about Enugu having power.. you can confirm this yourself by a simple search with the key words provided above.

As for PH, kindly search the username 'otok'. he lives in PH and has always complained about not seeing light for weeks.. he's also on Nairaland.. a lot of people on Nairaland have been complaining of lack of power in PH.. wondering how only your friends are the ones enjoying power that we still struggle to maintain at 4,000 megawatts in years.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commissions Plant Obasanjo Commissioned In 2007 by nduchucks: 11:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
What a disgrace!!!

That is how he has been running around claiming credit for the revitalization of railroads which began before he was given a free pass to the Presidency.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Remembering History: Biafra And The Niger Delta / Delta State result PDP winning massively / BREAKING: US Senator,bob Menendez, Reacts To Sowore's Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.