|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,739,616 members, 6,496,780 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 September 2021 at 11:24 AM
|Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by Bamibor: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2015|
Smoking has become a very common habit nowadays, both among teens as well as older people.
It usually starts off as a means of having fun and or showcasing style but unfortunately it has often resulted in the death of many a smoker.
smoking has a very strong addictive power because of the ingredients it is made off.
In fact, some smokers, especially of cigarette, often feel like they can't live without it. Below, we have some facts about smoking you should know.
First of all, let us consider a few things about the ingredients of a cigarette.
* A cigarette contains more then 7,000 chemicals in it.
Nicotine is one of these and the major reason why people become addicted to cigarette smoking. Of these 7,000 chemicals, several hundreds are toxic and 70 of them can directly cause cancer. Some of the most harmful ingredients of cigarette contain lead, radon, tar (tar-col), radium,
carbon monoxide, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide and uranium.
In fact, if we were to write about all of them in detail, it would take volumes of books.
So lets go to those 9 facts:
1. According to scientific researches, a smoker will live 14 year less.
2. There are about 1.1 billion smokers in the world and 300 million of them are in China.
3. According to British scientists, every cigarette you smoke can shorten your life by 11 minutes.
4. When you smoke, the supply of blood to your skin is reduced this also lowers the level of Vitamin A in your body while your body gets paler and form wrinkles.
5. About 3,000 deaths occur annually as a result of second-hand smoking which means if you are a smoker, you are a direct danger to your family, friends and relatives.
6. In last minute, about 7 people died just because of smoking which means smoking claims 1 life every eight seconds.
7. Lung Cancer, Blood Pressure, Heart attack, Skin and Mouth Cancer are some major diseases that can be caused by smoking.
8. If a pregnant woman smokes, the chances of her having miscarriage are increased.
9. 90% of the lung cancer patients are or have been smokers
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by izuch(m): 7:57pm On Feb 22, 2015|
Mehn I need to quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh lord help me
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by Bamibor: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2015|
I say amen to that...please do your best to quit.
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by ucheheart(m): 8:15pm On Feb 22, 2015|
After all these right up, ppl will still continue to smoke. So what the essence. Even smokers on nairaland seeing this topic wil jump and pass.
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by Bamibor: 8:25pm On Feb 22, 2015|
Some there are still, who will heed and seek for a change
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by ejikeme(m): 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2015|
damn....the thing bad gan.
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by Bamibor: 9:10pm On Feb 22, 2015|
ejikeme:No be small tin
|Re: Shoking Facts: 9 Skocking Facts About Smoking (with Pictures) by reyvape: 12:21pm On Mar 20, 2018|
Hello, i will advise you to get nicotine gums and an ecigarette that contains a significant amount of nicotine to help him quit smoking.
you can check on reyvape.com , nigeria number one smoking accessories store
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45