Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos (1945 Views)

10 Common Misconceptions About Ibadan. / Popular Misconceptions Europeans And Americans Have About Africa... (lolz) / Top 10 Misconceptions About The Yoruba Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by stunningjudy(f): 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2015
I have noticed the constant bashing of igbos here and honestly, most persons who bash igbos do so based on heresay. I'd like to say;
1. It's not all Igbos that have an expensive traditional marriage...i'm from Imo and I can tell you, you won't need to break a bank to marry from my place. If you think Igbo marriage is expensive, please go and check Kalabari, Okrika (both Rivers) marriage list.
2. Not all Igbos are bad...if you had a terrible experience with one person doesn't mean you should generalize. Igbos are accommodating and nice.
3. Not all Owerri girls are Runs girls... Lol. I know guys are scared of Owerri girls because they feel they are wild but trust me, you can still find nice girls around. If they are not nice, they won't be getting married every Saturday.
Just have an open mind and make friends, don't segregate. After all, we are all Nigerians, if we keep bashing ourselves this way, we won't experience any CHANGE in this country...One love smiley

2 Likes

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by Kagame: 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2015
Judy,you had to create a thread?
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by Ukeachu1(m): 9:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
this is d summary..... ibo ladies are very fit for marriage. tank u
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by stunningjudy(f): 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kagame:
Judy,you had to create a thread?

Yesso. The constant bashing is too much. Igbos are not the only people with flaws
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by stunningjudy(f): 10:20pm On Feb 22, 2015
Ukeachu1:
this is d summary..... ibo ladies are very fit for marriage. tank u
They don't understand it yet
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by ChristyG(f): 10:26pm On Feb 22, 2015
All what u wrote na wash abeg :Pu ibos bash other tribes here,so stop playing d victim card..ibos are VERY tribalistic,so it is only fair if others are tribalistic with them,u guys ain't saints either angry

1 Like

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by stunningjudy(f): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2015
ChristyG:
All what u wrote na wash abeg :Pu ibos bash other tribes here,so stop playing d victim card..ibos are VERY tribalistic,so it is only fair if others are tribalistic with them,u guys ain't saints either angry
Babe, You can't judge all with a few. undecided. I'm not playing any victim card, I'm stating the truth. Everyone isn't the same. But if u insist on saying we are tribalistic, its ur opinion. I just pray u meet a different one.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by stunningjudy(f): 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2015
ChristyG:
Babe, You can't judge all with a few. undecided. I'm not playing any victim card, I'm stating the truth. Everyone isn't the same. But if u insist on saying we are tribalistic, its ur opinion. I didn't say we are saints, we definitely have snakes but don't generalise.
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by Kagame: 10:35pm On Feb 22, 2015
ChristyG:

ChristyG,

I dont know your tribe,not like its of any importance to me.

But next time,try to read through a thread properly before you make an unintelligent and irrelevant comment.

Whos talking about tribalism here? Did the OP mention any word related to tribalism? .

1 Like

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by ChristyG(f): 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kagame:

ChristyG,

But next time,try to read through a thread properly before you make an unintelligent and irrelevant comment.

Whos talking about tribalism here? Did the OP mention any word related to tribalism? .

u should use ur own advice u know,she is talking about Ibo bashing threads,that is why i am telling her that u guys do same too.u should understand things well before hitting d quote button

3 Likes

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by ChristyG(f): 10:41pm On Feb 22, 2015
Some people have eyes but they cant see,read and understand properly before telling me sh1t
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by ChristyG(f): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
stunningjudy:

Babe, You can't judge all with a few. undecided. I'm not playing any victim card, I'm stating the truth. Everyone isn't the same. But if u insist on saying we are tribalistic, its ur opinion. I didn't say we are saints, we definitely have snakes but don't generalise.
u should tell that to ur pple first cos they are d kings in dat area,dats all am saying
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by Kagame: 10:56pm On Feb 22, 2015
ChristyG:
u should use ur own advice u know,she is talking about Ibo bashing threads,that is why i am telling her that u guys do same too.u should understand things well before hitting d quote button

I actually thought she would understand.

Now she has veered off the tangent.

Godspeed!
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by ChristyG(f): 11:05pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kagame:

I actually thought she would understand.

Now she has veered off the tangent.

Godspeed!

then phuck off d1ckhead and take ur dumb@$$ advice cos u need it more tongue

2 Likes

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by gsalvatore: 11:30pm On Feb 22, 2015
ChristyG:
then phuck off d1ckhead and take ur dumb@$$ advice cos u need it more tongue
INSULTS.
The Last Bastion of the DEFEATED!
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by ChristyG(f): 11:33pm On Feb 22, 2015
gsalvatore:
INSULTS.
The Last Bastion of the DEFEATED!
says d pathetic Ibo who hates d truth,ibos loves to bash others but don't want to be bashed. wink undecided

2 Likes

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by gsalvatore: 11:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
Kagame:

ChristyG,

Some people have Comprehension problems.

You dont need to put her through, its obvious she is a little Tribalist.

Did you notice how she writes? She struggles at being Intelligent.

1 Like

Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by gsalvatore: 11:37pm On Feb 22, 2015
BIGOT TRYING TO SOUND INTELLIGENT.
ChristyG:
says d pathetic Ibo who hates d truth,ibos loves to bash others but don't want to be bashed. wink undecided
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by Ukeachu1(m): 12:18am On Feb 23, 2015
gsalvatore:
BIGOT TRYING TO SOUND INTELLIGENT.

she did put up a good crusade tho. lol. pls one nigeria
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:27pm On Feb 26, 2015
stunningjudy:
I have noticed the constant bashing of igbos here and honestly, most persons who bash igbos do so based on heresay. I'd like to say;
1. It's not all Igbos that have an expensive traditional marriage...i'm from Imo and I can tell you, you won't need to break a bank to marry from my place. If you think Igbo marriage is expensive, please go and check Kalabari, Okrika (both Rivers) marriage list.
2. Not all Igbos are bad...if you had a terrible experience with one person doesn't mean you should generalize. Igbos are accommodating and nice.
3. Not all Owerri girls are Runs girls... Lol. I know guys are scared of Owerri girls because they feel they are wild but trust me, you can still find nice girls around. If they are not nice, they won't be getting married every Saturday.
Just have an open mind and make friends, don't segregate. After all, we are all Nigerians, if we keep bashing ourselves this way, we won't experience any CHANGE in this country...One love smiley
I love you for this,am from Anambra too,u would be d only girl,dat would make me consider marrying from Imo!
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2015
stunningjudy:
I love you for this writeup,am from Anambra too,u would be d only girl,dat would make me consider marrying from Imo,even if d brideprice is 1M,I would gladly pay!
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by stunningjudy(f): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I love you for this,am from Anambra too,u would be d only girl,dat would make me consider marrying from Imo!
I'm honored smiley
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by Ukeachu1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 26, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
I love you for this writeup,am from Anambra too,u would be d only girl,dat would make me consider marrying from Imo,even if d brideprice is 1M,I would gladly pay!

oya day come. we day onitsha owerri expressway day wait u o
Re: Popular Misconceptions About The Igbos by pdf90(m): 3:07pm On Feb 28, 2015
What will u say about mbaise people we take bashing from not only other tribes but also our fellow Igbo people . I try to let them know that most all this rants are false but to no avail they have their minds made up . Sad

(1) (Reply)

Name 10 Traditional Rulers In Nigeria(quiz) / 'queen Of Sheba' Wall Is No Fake / The White Slaves Of Barbary(north Africa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.