Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,330 members, 7,819,134 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist (3887 Views)

My Last Question For Nairaland Atheist / I Can Make OPEN Minded Nairaland ATHEIST Believe In Gods Existence , Try Me / Nairaland Atheist Meet Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by tobechi74: 12:47am On Feb 23, 2015
Okay. Here is your chance to design a universe that is better than the one we live in. Many people claim that the poor design of our universe and/or God's involvement or lack thereof results in a universe that is unacceptable. In order to present a thorough model, please address all the following issues:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

5.What laws of physics will you use?

I encourage you to "think outside the box." The universe you design does not have to be similar to our universe. Change the laws of physics. Think about gravity, thermodynamics, matter, energy, etc. Think about the beings who you create. How will they interact with you and each other (you don't have to use the five senses that we have)? My goal is to get you to think deeply about the issues of free will and love and how those issues are affected by the physical laws. I look forward to your ideas. Here are some other people's ideas:
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by SMALLPENIS(f): 12:49am On Feb 23, 2015
Following, playing doodle god from playstore grin
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 23, 2015
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by plaetton: 1:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Crap.
You guys very very slow learners.
No matter how many times we tryt to explain what it means to be an atheists, you blokes never seem to get it.
No wonder you all fail your exams.

First. It is very very silly to ask an atheist to design a universe, given( pls read carefully) that no atheists believes that the universe was ever designed. Pls remember that.

Secondly, you who believe in a god- designed universe should enlighten us as to what a non god-designed universe would be like .

5 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Liekiller(f): 1:28am On Feb 23, 2015
Many people claim that the poor design of our universe and/or God's involvement or lack thereof results in a universe that is unacceptable.

LOL what nonsense. The only thing unacceptable are the moronic claims and lies that the "intelligent design" branwashing machinery makes.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 5:05am On Feb 23, 2015
plaetton:
Crap.
No matter how many times we tryt to explain what it means to be an atheists, you blokes never seem to get it.

First. It is very very silly to ask an atheist to design a universe, given( pls read carefully) that no atheists believes that the universe was ever designed. Pls remember that.

Secondly, you who believe in a god- designed universe should enlighten us as to what a non god-designed universe would like .

Are you sure about that? I like sci-fi movies and some of them like Jupiter Ascending imply that planets were created by aliens or other sentient lifeforms.

I don't understand why you unbelievers are so arrogant some times. You just wipe out the possibility that te universe was designed to deny a belief in God
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by plaetton: 5:25am On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Are you sure about that? I like sci-fi movies and some of them like Jupiter Ascending imply that planets were created by aliens or other sentient lifeforms.

I don't understand why you unbelievers are so arrogant some times. You just wipe out the possibility that te universe was designed to deny a belief in God

I can entertain the possibility that aliens a million years more technologically advanced than us may have seeded life on earth.

However , to say that the universe was designed because of this or that requires that you at least attempt to show what a non-designed universe would look like.
There has to be comparison between a god-designed universe and a possibly non god-designed universe.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:15am On Feb 23, 2015
plaetton:

I can entertain the possibility that aliens a million years more technologically advanced than us may have seeded life on earth.

However , to say that the universe was designed because of this or that requires that you at least attempt to show what a non-designed universe would look like.
There has to be comparison between a god-designed universe and a possibly non god-designed universe.

You said that no atheist believes that the universe was ever designed. It is funny how you speak for all atheists and at the same time boldly show your lack of knowledge on the possibilities of the universe.

As a christian, I believe that God designed the universe. I cannot prove it but what I do know for a fact is that science does not rule out the possibility of the universe being designed.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:17am On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You said that no atheist believes that the universe was ever designed. It is funny how you speak for all atheists and at the same time boldly show your lack of knowledge on the possibilities of the universe.

As a christian, I believe that God designed the universe. I cannot prove it but what I do know for a fact is that science does not rule out the possibility of the universe being designed.

One of the biggest reasons why i can't ever be an atheist is the arrogance. Self-absorbed anti-religious narcissism..

5 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by joseph1832(m): 6:21am On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

One of the biggest reasons why i can't ever be an atheist is the arrogance. Self-absorbed anti-religious narcissism..
Its a free world! You can be whatever it is you want to be. What I can't stand about some of you christian is the self absorbing, self righteous way you guys think and believe every other opinion that doesn't reflect your belief is bullshiit.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

much of that basically masks the inherent insecurities and sheer intellectual bankruptcy of their views. Outside of the bluster, if you notice, they usually have very little of substance to say. I mean, this thread has been on for hours and most of them have taken to hiding. They'd be out soon as the thread is about abusing Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:48am On Feb 23, 2015
joseph1832:
Its a free world! You can be whatever it is you want to be. What I can't stand about some of you christian is the self absorbing, self righteous way you guys think and believe every other opinion that doesn't reflect your belief is bullshiit.

grin My main man. It pains me that you're an atheist. Whyyyy? Why bro?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 6:49am On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

much of that basically masks the inherent insecurities and sheer intellectual bankruptcy of their views. Outside of the bluster, if you notice, they usually have very little of substance to say. I mean, this thread has been on for hours and most of them have taken to hiding. They'd be out soon as the thread is about abusing Jesus.

Can't agree more
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by joseph1832(m): 6:55am On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin My main man. It pains me that you're an atheist. Whyyyy? Why bro?
I don't remember my name being LOBO, Lol. And, I AM NOT AN ATHEIST!!!.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

What has Jupiter Ascending got to do with atheist not believing in a designed universe? If I write about mermaids, does it now mean that I believe in mermaids? Even if the writer of Jupiter Ascending were an atheist, it doesn't mean he believes that the universe was truly designed.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:32am On Feb 23, 2015
hifaif:

What has Jupiter Ascending got to do with atheist not believing in a designed universe? If I write about mermaids, does it now mean that I believe in mermaids? Even if the writer of Jupiter Ascending were an atheist, it doesn't mean he believes that the universe was truly designed.

Another arrogant atheist misses the point. My friend, the point is that the creators of Jupiter Ascending and science fiction writers are at least, open to the idea of the universe being designed- for them, it may not be God but it may be some alien life force.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:33am On Feb 23, 2015
joseph1832:
I don't remember my name being LOBO, Lol. And, I AM NOT AN ATHEIST!!!.

What? So what are you? Pagan, deist, satanist?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 23, 2015
plaetton:
Crap.

Secondly, you who believe in a god- designed universe should enlighten us as to what a non god-designed universe would like .
I don't think you understand him. He is only asking you to use your imaginations and guide your perfect universe. Don't bring God into it. Do you understand?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by theunusualmoon(m): 9:08am On Feb 23, 2015
@dapo 777,where are you?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
You see sometimes some thread are just too stup.id to be taken seriously..

How can someone ask such nonsense stuffs as the op did?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Reyginus:
I don't think you understand him. He is only asking you to use your imaginations and guide your perfect universe. Don't bring God into it. Do you understand?

And what exactly do you know about the universe that can help you do that?.. habaaa sometimes you guys should check questions before asking it...
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

really?
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
tobechi74:
Okay. Here is your chance to design a universe that is better than the one we live in. [b[Many people claim that the poor design of our universe and/or God's involvement or lack thereof results in a universe that is unacceptable[/b]. In order to present a thorough model, please address all the following issues:
Now call those many people to come and address the op why involving all nairaland atheists... or better still why dont you make it a general question for both theists and atheists to see everyone's concept of a perfect universe.

tobechi74:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

5.What laws of physics will you use?

I encourage you to "think outside the box." The universe you design does not have to be similar to our universe. Change the laws of physics. Think about gravity, thermodynamics, matter, energy, etc. Think about the beings who you create. How will they interact with you and each other (you don't have to use the five senses that we have)? My goal is to get you to think deeply about the issues of free will and love and how those issues are affected by the physical laws. I look forward to your ideas. Here are some other people's ideas:

Sir why dont you give us an example of how its done by creating yours first and we will all follow suit
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
anybody reading the op will see it is just another deceptive thread that need not be taken seriously...

First the universe is still expanding (means it is still on a formation process, so if u think a god did it means its work is not yet fully done cus the universe is not fully complete yet)

the op should create his own universe first then tell us what he created then we can see how it is done...
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
tobechi74:
Okay. Here is your chance to design a universe that is better than the one we live in. Many people claim that the poor design of our universe and/or God's involvement or lack thereof results in a universe that is unacceptable. In order to present a thorough model, please address all the following issues:

Who cares about the way the universe looks? It didn't affect my decision to quit religion and embrace reality.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

Who cares about the way the universe looks? It didn't affect my decision to quit religion and embrace reality.

so basically you dumped one "myth" for another myth? Good to know.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by realtem(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

I love you. *no homo*.
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

Can you tell us that other myth? Since when have reality become a myth?

educate us more boss
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by johnydon22(m): 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
Weah96:

Seriously eeehn bro this guys just dont get it...
Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidylan:

Yes, I decided to follow the myth called "common sense." It's only a myth because there is nothing "common" about it. Obviously.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Weah96: 1:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
I became an atheist after reading that Mary and Joseph story where the girl claimed that the wind impregnated her. I had read it many, many, times before but this one time, I couldn't restrain my explosive laughter. The rest of the puzzle quickly fell into place after that.

1 Like

Re: A Challenge To Nairaland Atheist by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Can you tell us that other myth? Since when have reality become a myth?

educate us more boss

the "reality" of what? the big_bang theory?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Current Life We Are Living Is The Predestined Eternity Of The Bible / Experience: House On The Rock / Apostles Of Jesus Christ Cast Lots;why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.