Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected (757 Views)

Jonathan: I’ll Become Peace Ambassador After Leaving Office / Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari / Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by billante(m): 8:24am On Feb 23, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has said he will open the door for new people, including those who oppose now, to join his administration and serve Nigeria if he finally wins the race to return as the country’s president on March 28.

Likewise, the president has pledged to hunt down the Boko Haram insurgents, whose operations he acknowledged, had caused collateral destruction of lives and property in the North-east in particular.

The president expressed the view in a document that emanated from a meeting he held with Strategy Group, a forum of trusted northerners and southerners on February 14.

As contained in the document, the president said he would inject new blood into his cabinet if re-elected, saying the door “will be open for new people to join me and serve including even those who oppose now.”

The document addressed diverse challenges currently confronting the North at large, citing the scary poverty kid, which it acknowledged, had aggravated the operations of the Boko Haram insurgents.

The document said: “It is true I lost of time in dealing with this problem. This was because I listened to advice to try several tracks and not just the military option. We tried the political and negotiation track.

“It did not work. Now I am going for an all-out assault in conjunction with our neighbouring countries and other helpers. We shall hunt them down so we can provide a more secure future for our citizens in these areas. I thank our courageous men and women in the armed forces for their sacrifice.

“I understand the poverty problem of the North. I see the destruction of lives and property caused by Boko Haram. Once we drive out Boko Haram, I shall personally take charge of a rebuilding programme for the North-east. I have already put instruments in place and will use them.

“I have PINE, Save School Initiative, Greenbelt and Victim Fund among others. I shall use these instruments to improve lives and livelihoods and give our citizens in these areas a better future,” the document said.

The document, also, detailed the feat the Jonathan administration in power sector, noting that his government “has pushed further on power than other government. We have privatised the sector so that new and better owners and managers can help us.

“But I know power has not improved to the extent we want. This is largely due to lack of gas and pipeline vandalisation. My plan is to tackle this through employment of technology to help deter and detect vandals.

“I am also diversifying power sources, already mainly to hydro so we are not dependent on one source. We are building massive dams such as Kashimbila, Zungeru and Mambila to help us. I plan to exploit coal as well.”

It incisively x-rayed the effort of the administration in the fight against corruption, noting that his administration had convicted more corrupt officials than any administration since return to civil rule in 1999.

The document rolled out how the Jonathan administration had been using modern platforms and technology to fight corruption, which it said, reflected in the rating of the Transparency International.

“I am committed to fighting corruption. Contrary to the misinformation you get, this administration has achieved a lot on this front and the Transparency International rating for Nigeria is better now than it was a decade ago. I acknowledge and accept we still need to improve.

“We are far from where we need to be. But we have fought oil subsidy fraud, pension fraud, fertilizer fraud and cleaned these up. We are using technology to build electronic platform to manage our finances and personnel payroll and stop leakages there. This is the way we must go in the future.

“I plan to put in place the institutions and systems to stop leakages. The EFCC has made many more arrests and convictions in this administration than ever before. I respect the rule of law and people are punished if found guilty,” the document quoted the president saying.

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-i-ll-bring-opposition-to-my-cabinet-if-re-elected/202527/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by billante(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2015
Lobatan!

End of discussion....GEJ you have my vote!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by EngrRolly(m): 8:28am On Feb 23, 2015
I know Mr President has been haunted by a lot of critics but I am sure d moment he starts respondin to criticisms from d opposin side,he wud sure lose his base
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by macpetrus(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2015
Noted.... Buhari for Chairman Of EFCC

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by egift(m): 8:34am On Feb 23, 2015
Desperate times for a man that has slammed any vibrant mind that comes withing his circle (ask Sanusi, Soludo and others). We are not interested. I only look forward that Buhari will get the current Agric minister on board. He seems interest in getting results those are the character Buhari will be assembling.

Sai Buhari all the way.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by aminashy: 8:34am On Feb 23, 2015
Jonathan we no need them oooo,make you no go talk the one when no go make me vote for you anyway it's Gej all the way, death to the witchcraft broom apc party.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Elslim: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2015
D spirit of more than 13,000 people dat u allowed to die because u underestimated a terrorist group will not allow u to win in d 1st place.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Chinda02(f): 8:51am On Feb 23, 2015
We vote you out. it is too late, Mr President. Buhari to me is not a better alternative but we will vote him so that incompetent leaders like you will know and fear the people's ability to elect, select and deselect. Why should we endure another 4 years simply because we fear the unknown? and if Buhari does not perform well come 2019 we will vote him out too, maybe this way our leaders will start to lead and not take us, the masses, for granted.

March4Buhari

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by billante(m): 9:40am On Feb 23, 2015
macpetrus:
Noted.... Buhari for Chairman Of EFCC
That wont be a bad idea....let him come and do all that zero corruption sermon he has been preaching since.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Lexxybooy(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2015
Am do sorry jona, simply because there shall be no such opportunity for u.

SaiBuhari

(1) (Reply)

Video:happy Nigerian Soldiers Jubulating And Chanting NEVER AGAIN On GEJ' Visit / Its 'judgement Day' Today In Enugu / Jega’s Removal Could Cause National Crisis – CNPP, Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.