Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,046 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected (1738 Views)

Jonathan: I’ll Become Peace Ambassador After Leaving Office / Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari / Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by itetemi: 8:44am On Feb 23, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has said he will open the door for new people, including those who oppose now, to join his administration and serve Nigeria if he finally wins the race to return as the country’s president on March 28.

Likewise, the president has pledged to hunt down the Boko Haram insurgents, whose operations he acknowledged, had caused collateral destruction of lives and property in the North-east in particular.

The president expressed the view in a document that emanated from a meeting he held with Strategy Group, a forum of trusted northerners and southerners on February 14.

As contained in the document, the president said he would inject new blood into his cabinet if re-elected, saying the door “will be open for new people to join me and serve including even those who oppose now.”

The document addressed diverse challenges currently confronting the North at large, citing the scary poverty kid, which it acknowledged, had aggravated the operations of the Boko Haram insurgents.

The document said: “It is true I lost of time in dealing with this problem. This was because I listened to advice to try several tracks and not just the military option. We tried the political and negotiation track.

“It did not work. Now I am going for an all-out assault in conjunction with our neighbouring countries and other helpers. We shall hunt them down so we can provide a more secure future for our citizens in these areas. I thank our courageous men and women in the armed forces for their sacrifice.

“I understand the poverty problem of the North. I see the destruction of lives and property caused by Boko Haram. Once we drive out Boko Haram, I shall personally take charge of a rebuilding programme for the North-east. I have already put instruments in place and will use them.

“I have PINE, Save School Initiative, Greenbelt and Victim Fund among others. I shall use these instruments to improve lives and livelihoods and give our citizens in these areas a better future,” the document said.

The document, also, detailed the feat the Jonathan administration in power sector, noting that his government “has pushed further on power than other government. We have privatised the sector so that new and better owners and managers can help us.

“But I know power has not improved to the extent we want. This is largely due to lack of gas and pipeline vandalisation. My plan is to tackle this through employment of technology to help deter and detect vandals.

“I am also diversifying power sources, already mainly to hydro so we are not dependent on one source. We are building massive dams such as Kashimbila, Zungeru and Mambila to help us. I plan to exploit coal as well.”

It incisively x-rayed the effort of the administration in the fight against corruption, noting that his administration had convicted more corrupt officials than any administration since return to civil rule in 1999.

The document rolled out how the Jonathan administration had been using modern platforms and technology to fight corruption, which it said, reflected in the rating of the Transparency International.

“I am committed to fighting corruption. Contrary to the misinformation you get, this administration has achieved a lot on this front and the Transparency International rating for Nigeria is better now than it was a decade ago. I acknowledge and accept we still need to improve.

“We are far from where we need to be. But we have fought oil subsidy fraud, pension fraud, fertilizer fraud and cleaned these up. We are using technology to build electronic platform to manage our finances and personnel payroll and stop leakages there. This is the way we must go in the future.

“I plan to put in place the institutions and systems to stop leakages. The EFCC has made many more arrests and convictions in this administration than ever before. I respect the rule of law and people are punished if found guilty,” the document quoted the president saying.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/jonathan-i-ll-bring-opposition-to-my-cabinet-if-re-elected/202527/
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by itetemi: 8:45am On Feb 23, 2015
pdp is really desperate.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by agriboom: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2015
Eyya!!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by lokito: 8:46am On Feb 23, 2015
Yes, you will even make Buhari your PA if you win #story#

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by itetemi: 8:47am On Feb 23, 2015
hmmmmmm
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Rawani: 8:47am On Feb 23, 2015
D-E-S-P-E-R-A-T-I-O-N grin

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by smakati(m): 8:47am On Feb 23, 2015
If I hear, oga j no scope us joor
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Kennywills7(m): 8:55am On Feb 23, 2015
Ride on mr president

Gej till 2019
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by kheart(m): 8:59am On Feb 23, 2015
Which cabinet? U re bound for otuoke by God grace.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by minifuworld: 9:00am On Feb 23, 2015
u'll bring oppositn into ur cabinet n 4get those dat wrk for ur re-electn. I think jona is totally confused

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by LagosBoi2(m): 9:08am On Feb 23, 2015
Mumu president

Instead Buhari will send you to jail for looting us dry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by itetemi: 9:12am On Feb 23, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Nobody: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2015
Only God Can determine the best man for the Job , Let them keep Campaigning,the people would vote for their choice
Like- Buhari
Share - GEJ

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 9:29am On Feb 23, 2015
You are advocating for Change? Ok! After
jonathan, this is *a real Change*. Old
cargo who is surrounded with corrupt
Toronto and canada fraudstars can not
bring meaningful change than bad
change...Alh Gani O Galadima for
president. Sai Galadima! Sai Nigeria!

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by tunex23: 9:39am On Feb 23, 2015
GEJ displaying his world class cluelessness to the world.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by alienvirus: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2015

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Orunto: 9:54am On Feb 23, 2015
Thanks GEJ. We shall have rooms for such as PYO and better people from other parties.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Dannyset(m): 9:54am On Feb 23, 2015
This man talks as if Nigerians are stupi.d like his cronies. When u had the opportunities u blew it. The gods of the land won't forgive us if we fall for dis ur new antics by re-electing u.
We need CHANGE.
#WeHaveDecided
We want Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by knowledgeable: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2015
itetemi:
pdp is really desperate.

Their desperation will now solve desperate problems and bring desperate solutions that the country needs now. All the 633 or so National conference recommendations are desperatly needed now for a balanced political structure and rapid development of our dear country. We do not need a throw back to 1980s Nigeria, when the foundation of our present nightmare were laid of which Buhari was part and parcel of that legacy. GEJ till 2019!!!!!.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Jeffoo(m): 11:35am On Feb 23, 2015
GEJ you must pack your load and go........

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Creamz(m): 11:48am On Feb 23, 2015
Desperate man. I know that he just said that to create a division in APC. The truth is that the members of APC are so confident that they will be winning the elections come 28th of March. So non of their member will be moved by this statement. Its just too late to save his sinking boat that has already been shot at the base by his actions and inactions over the past 5 years

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by zimoni(f): 12:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nothing do you Mr President.

Jonathan Till 2019.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by itetemi: 1:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
oga jonny walker is really desperate
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by mrborntodoit: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2015
The rate at which some people Lie to cover the good aspect of the gej administration ,one can only perceive the desperation in the opposition camp to grab power at the detriment of Nigerians.

Gej isn't perfect but he has done far better than obj and hence should be voted into office come march 28 2015.

I can assure you that APC doesn't represent the positive change that will move Nigeria forward.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by glory2glory: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Story story
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
Yes! After you've been elected as the President of Otueke Fishermen Council & Chieftaincy Affairs - Eleribu!

As for us, it's GMB or no 1 else.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sir, you have our support
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by amakaobiemeka: 7:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
You are advocating for Change? Ok! After
jonathan, this is *a real Change*. Old
cargo who is surrounded with corrupt
Toronto and canada fraudstars can not
bring meaningful change than bad
change...Alh Gani O Galadima for
president. Sai Galadima! Sai Nigeria!
GALA what ! No be only GALA na superbite ;Dsai my incorruptable General

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by PassingShot(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
You shall be sent parking whether you like it or not.

Otuoke awaits you by May 29.
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by saintopus(m): 8:49pm On Feb 23, 2015
LagosBoi2:
Mumu president

Is it in a millitary tribunal that the trial will take place or in a regular court with civillian lawyers? Or maybe, the constitution will be suspended and replaced with decrees!!!
Re: Jonathan: I’ll Bring Opposition To My Cabinet If Re-elected by saintopus(m): 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
LagosBoi2:
Mumu president

Is it in a millitary tribunal that the trial will take place or in a regular court with civillian lawyers? Or maybe, the constitution will be suspended and replaced with military decrees!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benue News Headlines, Friday 6th March 2015 / If Gej's Six Years Rule Were A Movie, What Title Would You Give It? / Gombe State Governorship Election Live Update (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.