Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House (4205 Views)

Buhari's Full Speech At Chatham House,london / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements / Protest Against Buhari At Chatham House in London [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by feelamong(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2015
Confirmed: Muhammadu Buhari to speak at @AfricaProg event Thursday 26 Feb @ChathamHouse. Details to follow at http://www.chathamhouse.org/events

http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition

Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria's Transition

26 Feb 2015 - 10:00 to 11:00

Chatham House, London

Africa Programme, Nigeria Project
Participants

General Muhammadu Buhari, Presidential Candidate, All Progressives Congress, Nigeria
Chair: Sir Richard Gozney KCMG CVO KStJ, British High Commissioner to Nigeria (2004-07)
Register interest
Overview

The postponement of Nigeria’s fifth election since its return to civilian rule in 1999, together with fierce political competition, a security crisis and severe economic challenges linked to the drop in oil price, have thrown into sharp relief the challenges of conducting this essential process in such a complex environment. While there is widespread speculation as to the reasons for the delay, there is also widespread acknowledgment of the necessity that national elections do now take place as scheduled on 28 March.
- See more at: http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition#sthash.0oVLcINt.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by Rilwayne001: 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sai Buhari

Now TANoids and their saTANists counterpart will die of heart attack. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by kingsangoda: 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
Download or play real video tutorials for JAMB,GCE, WAEC for free http://prepground.com/
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by midolian(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
Dear OP,

You have to stop this thing you are doing. We've recorded enough casualties already. We can't afford to lose more lives

Ever since it was confirmed that Gen. Muhammadu "Okechukwu" Buhari didn't go to UK for health reasons, there have bn serious tension in the land. Many have died and others, injured emotionally. The TANoids have bn having sleepless nights, Mr president have bn touring to ensure he gets re-elected and Fayose have bn visiting herbalists just to ensure buhari's death. The more you bring this heartbreaking news to them, the more casualties we 'll be recording..don't forget these pple are our brodas even dou they ve chosen the wrong path.

Pls do the needful and let this "blood sharing" stop.

From a concerned Nairalander

17 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by KwoiZabo(m): 12:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
we don't want speech, we want Q & A session, so that we can have more of mallam buharia's blunders in our Arsenal. sad

GEJtill2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by davidstones: 12:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
Praise for God for the APC liers. But why did it take you about a week to get this listed? Was that not one of the reasons he left Nigeria about a week ago? As at this morning it was listed. May be chatham house is to be blamed because Buhari did not confirm his appointment with them? before you give that excuse, please the press release of APC last week, you will get an answer from there. Please also tell us why APC and Buhari handlers have to post fake and doctored pictures that is over 1 year old as current pictures?

feelamong:
Confirmed: Muhammadu Buhari to speak at @AfricaProg event Thursday 26 Feb @ChathamHouse. Details to follow at http://www.chathamhouse.org/events

http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition

Prospects for Democratic Consolidation in Africa: Nigeria's Transition

26 Feb 2015 - 10:00 to 11:00

Chatham House, London

Africa Programme, Nigeria Project
Participants

General Muhammadu Buhari, Presidential Candidate, All Progressives Congress, Nigeria
Chair: Sir Richard Gozney KCMG CVO KStJ, British High Commissioner to Nigeria (2004-07)
Register interest
Overview

The postponement of Nigeria’s fifth election since its return to civilian rule in 1999, together with fierce political competition, a security crisis and severe economic challenges linked to the drop in oil price, have thrown into sharp relief the challenges of conducting this essential process in such a complex environment. While there is widespread speculation as to the reasons for the delay, there is also widespread acknowledgment of the necessity that national elections do now take place as scheduled on 28 March.
- See more at: http://www.chathamhouse.org/event/prospects-democratic-consolidation-africa-nigerias-transition#sthash.0oVLcINt.dpuf
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by olapluto(m): 12:47pm On Feb 23, 2015
Simple as ABC. Now where is AYedee and his fellow blind men. I called Chatham house last week and they confirmed that they were tring to get written comfirmation from GMB. PDP went dancing na.ked on flimsy issues.
I urge all Nigerians to tune in to the live stream of the event on Thursday. DO not miss it.
Meanwhile please ignore TANwigis who have nothing positive to contribute.

7 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by olapluto(m): 12:51pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidstones:
Praise for God for the APC liers. But why did it take you about a week to get this listed? Was that not one of the reasons he left Nigeria about a week ago? As at this morning it was listed. May be chatham house is to be blamed because Buhari did not confirm his appointment with them? before you give that excuse, please the press release of APC last week, you will get an answer from there. Please also tell us why APC and Buhari handlers have to post fake and doctored pictures that is over 1 year old as current pictures?

You know there should be a point where one has to give up. Chatham house always wanted Buhari to speak. They however cannot release press statement until they are firm-sure that GMB will be there. All this nonsense of listing Chatham house events is childish. If Obama is in the UK tomorrow, and accepts Chatham house invite, they will create the space for him. Stop being ridiculous.
About the pix, well, you can travel to central London to take the correct pictures for us all to see. If not that chanced, wait till thursday and watch the live stream of the event. Also send the link to Fayose to see how hospitals look like.

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by davidstones: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2015
When APC told us that Buhari was leaving for UK, they said he will speak at chatham House. If he as at that time has not confirmed his appointment to them, why would they tell us he would speak? Again sir, why did it take over a week to get this hurried appointment to save APC, Buhari and APC supporters? You called Chatham House last week right and they told you they are arranging something for Buhari is that correct? But how comes APC categorically said he will be there? How does that sound to you? Does is sound like someone saying the TRUTH? I dont think so. APC LIES.

olapluto:
Simple as ABC. Now where is AYedee and his fellow blind men. I called Chatham house last week and they confirmed that they were tring to get written comfirmation from GMB. PDP went dancing na.ked on flimsy issues.
I urge all Nigerians to tune in to the live stream of the event on Thursday. DO not miss it.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by Lexxybooy(m): 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
**Walks in. .. Sips coke * *

BTW

All I can say is

#saiBuhari
#Saiosinbajo

7 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by alaoeri: 12:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
olapluto:
Ayedee is on PDP payroll, don't be surprise if the smello is even on NL, the dude staged the attack on LIB to be popular & get enough followers in order to brainwash & sell his propagandas to them, people like him live on falsehood.

4 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by davidstones: 12:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sorry if I get you right, are you trying to compare Buhari with Obama? if the answer is yes, then sorry my friend its like comparing the dead and the living. Such have no comparison in my own opinion. So in essence you are suggesting to us that Buhari has not confirmed Chatham House's appointment before he left Nigeria and yet APC gave out a press statement? Is that your logic? APC LIERS.

olapluto:

Chatham house always wanted Buhari to speak. They however cannot release press statement until they are firm-sure that GMB will be there. All this nonsense of listing Chatham house events is childish. If Obama is in the UK tomorrow, and accepts Chatham house invite, they will create the space for him. Stop being ridiculous.
About the pix, well, you can travel to central London to take the correct pictures for us all to see. If not that chanced, wait till thursday and watch the live stream of the event. Also send the link to Fayose to see how hospitals look like.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by bakila: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidstones:

Hmm he leaves on Thursday and you want them to put the advert when he is not in that country yet? The guys over there dont joke with their weekends that is why we are still paying to watch Premier League. People create a life around weekend, which propels the economy in various way.
Again PDP have played into the hands of APC and have received another blow.

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by olapluto(m): 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidstones:
When APC told us that Buhari was leaving for UK, they said he will speak at chatham House. If he as at that time has not confirmed his appointment to them, why would they tell us he would speak? Again sir, why did it take over a week to get this hurried appointment to save APC, Buhari and APC supporters? You called Chatham House last week right and they told you they are arranging something for Buhari is that correct? But how comes APC categorically said he will be there? How does that sound to you? Does is sound like someone saying the TRUTH? I dont think so. APC LIES.

OK mr man. I organise academic lectures with guest speakers from all over the world. If I send emails to a nobel prize prof to attend my event and he checks his schedules, then gives me a softish yes, do I go on to announce that to the world? If the Prof himself puts the event on his website, it still doesnt give me the right to publicise such event until I have a written or concrete bond from the Prof.
It is very embarassing for the host to announce a guest speaker and the speaker does not turn up.
APC can categorically say Buhari will attend Chatham house because APC hold the key to that event after being invited.

Ps. It is exhaustive trying to educate adamant folks like you on NL. Let it rest and wait till Thursday to confirm whether APC lies or You are faulty in your reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by olapluto(m): 1:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidstones:
Sorry if I get you right, are you trying to compare Buhari with Obama? if the answer is yes, then sorry my friend its like comparing the dead and the living. Such have no comparison in my own opinion. So in essence you are suggesting to us that Buhari has not confirmed Chatham House's appointment before he left Nigeria and yet APC gave out a press statement? Is that your logic? APC LIERS.

I give up on you man! If you get to a place in life where you organise high stake events, you can do it as you like.

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by BashirAhmad1(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
PDP how market nah?

4 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by GeneralBosco: 1:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
Four (4) TANoids just collapsed somewhere in Aba after reading this news sad

7 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by obailala(m): 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Further high blood pressure for the Jonathanians, GEJites, PDPians, TANoids, TANdroids and all the other agents of stagnation who pray fervently for the lootocratic status-quo to remain forever in Nigeria just to satisfy their diabolic greed.

4 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by Missy89(f): 1:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
olapluto stop wasting your time and energy.

“Never argue with an 1diot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― Sarah Cook cool

2 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by davidstones: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
I SINCERELY thank God for you sir as an academic lectures organiser but you have no either of who I am and its pointless sharing that here. That APC finally got a hurried 1 hour does not help their lies. Again sir, what about the doctored pictures of over 1 year that is being purported to be current? I guess that also makes me and others very difficult to educate on NL? When you tell A lie, you obviously use another lie to cover it up. APC and their LIES.

olapluto:

OK mr man. I organise academic lectures with guest speakers from all over the world. If I send emails to a nobel prize prof to attend my event and he checks his schedules, then gives me a softish yes, do I go on to announce that to the world? If the Prof himself puts the event on his website, it still doesnt give me the right to publicise such event until I have a written or concrete bond from the Prof.
It is very embarassing for the host to announce a guest speaker and the speaker does not turn up.
APC can categorically say Buhari will attend Chatham house because APC hold the key to that event after being invited.

Ps. It is exhaustive trying to educate adamant folks like you on NL. Let it rest and wait till Thursday to confirm whether APC lies or You are faulty in your reasoning.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by Built2last: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
will the presentation be in hausa or English?...

I will really love to listen to him but prefer it in Hausa so that i can comprehend.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by rusher14: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
Afterall, it took just one week for Jonna Bobo to speak with D'Banj last time around.

1 Like

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by Seun(m): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
Let's be frank. This is not why he travelled. If this was his reason for travelling they would have posted the info before he left. Having said that, there is no cause for concern over GMB's health. 'Worst' case scenario, Prof Osinbajo, a truly educated man, will become the acting president.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by olapluto(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
Seun:
Let's be frank. This is not why he travelled.
Not you Seun! Lets be frank Mr. Seun. Why did Gen. Buhari travel? You must know something Nigerians dont know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by feelamong(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
Seun:

Oga Seun; why is this not on the front page??

please do the needful ASAP!

Thanks

Sai Buhari!!

haters go and die!

4 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by rusher14: 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2015
Seun:
Can you give us his reason for travelling all-knowing one?

6 Likes

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by queensmith: 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
davidstones:

Given the short notice I assume this particular event is considered high risk, he's a presidential candidate after all. High profile individual, they probably can't broadcast his movements too early.

I am disappointed though it will have been nice to attend.

Please direct me to the APC and buhari handlers that have posted doctored photographs. For the life of me I've been looking and I'm yet to find one.

@post the topic is a good one, but democracy doesn't seem to be Africa's problem. Our problem is corruption, mismanagement, lack of transperancy and it will be better to hear ideas on how we can address that as a continent.

I'll be following with hawk eyes though!

1 Like

Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by lwise(m): 1:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
His name was included after getting clearance from his Doctor.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by davidstones: 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
Could you please educate us on why APC lied to us last week by suggesting pictures of over 1 year old as being current? They said Buhari met Tony Blair when the guy (Tony Blair) was somewhere in Europe making his money? I live here sir so thank you for your education about our weekends. I have lived here for too long with due respect to you to know what weekends means to the west. But am please waiting for APC to tell the whole world why they lied that Buhari took a picture last week whereas those pictures were shot over 1 year ago.
bakila:

Hmm he leaves on Thursday and you want them to put the advert when he is not in that country yet? The guys over there dont joke with their weekends that is why we are still paying to watch Premier League. People create a life around weekend, which propels the economy in various way.
Again PDP have played into the hands of APC and have received another blow.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by obailala(m): 1:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
Seun:
Let's be frank. This is not why he travelled. If this was his reason for travelling they would have posted the info before he left. Having said that, there is no cause for concern over GMB's health. 'Worst' case scenario, Prof Osinbajo, a truly educated man, will become the acting president.
I 2nd and third the bolded.

There's no big deal if he travelled for health checks. An old man after the rigorous campaign rounds would need to get himself checked. That notwithstanding, even if he bows out along the way, he's got an able bodied, highly educated and intelligent deputy who can pilot the affairs of the country in his stead. So I see no big deal about the health scare.
Re: Confirmed!!!!!! Buhari To Speak At Chatham House by queensmith: 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
lwise:
His name was included after getting clearance from his Doctor.

You are wicked loool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full List Of Nigeria Oil Bloc Owners / Hatred On Igbos A Wasted Effort And Time For The Yoruba / NCC Appoints Nwokike As New Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.