Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud (9300 Views)

Obanikoro To Testify Against Fayose Over N4.7bn Fraud / Order Ladoja’s Arrest - EFCC To Court, Over N4.7bn Fraud / N4.7bn Cars: Buhari Can’t Dictate To Us –n’assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by donlyone(m): 6:41am On Feb 24, 2015
Its a shame that some people on Nairaland don't even know that the 'Courts' form the JUDICIARY wish is the third tier of Government and as such is not under the control of any state governor.

Hear them blaming Fasola and Tinubu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:41am On Feb 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:42am On Feb 24, 2015
Z.
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by holatin(m): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2015
Warlord3000:

Fool.... See how you made a fool. Of yourself cos you couldn't read...

Is it The Lagos state government that is in charge of the judiciary?

Or does the Lagos high court takes command from the Lagos govt...

Chai... Illiteracy is a disease...

SMH
and na fool like him dey say buhari show your certificate

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by PentiumPro(f): 6:47am On Feb 24, 2015
One of the yorubas punished by GEJ using Stella Odua. Judgment day for GEJ is near. Make e dey run from one yoruba Oba to the other, that will not save him.
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by holatin(m): 6:48am On Feb 24, 2015
donlyone:
Its a shame that some people on Nairaland don't even know that the 'Courts' form the JUDICIARY wish is the third tier of Government and as such is not under the control of any state governor.

dats Taniod for you.
illiterate asking buhari for certificate

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by PentiumPro(f): 6:49am On Feb 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Lagos State Government shocked shocked I thought they don't forgive money launder's because it's against APC's modus operandi
Na mumu go kill you, no be curse ooooo!
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by iambuba(m): 6:56am On Feb 24, 2015
The. Court is an independent institution,what do u xpect. Fashola to do?
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by winodey(m): 7:04am On Feb 24, 2015
SEE Nigeria's Hairest Girl Flaunts Major Cleavage in S3xy new Photos
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by eminent007(m): 7:08am On Feb 24, 2015
Cutiexprincex:
DEAR FRIENDS, PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE CONTESTANT (AJIBADE ADEPEJU) on the Emodel Facial Look Contest. And tell your friends too. Tnk u nd God bless u as u do so.

1. Click on this link to vote for me on facebook by liking and commenting on my picture. https://www.facebook.com/edoziemcvdotcom/photos/a.848796438470442.1073741828.708307112519376/1044409672242450/?type=1&theater

2. Click this link to vote for me on instagram by liking and commenting on my picture. https://instagram.com/p/zZ8ja3wwxN/?modal=true

3. Please LIKE the page ON FACEBOOK and also FoLLOW @EDOZIEMCV ON INSTAGRAM to make your vote count. Thanks

THE CONTEST IS BOTH ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.

Na you give me mb bah?
*continues smoking*
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by eminent007(m): 7:11am On Feb 24, 2015
winodey:

SEE Nigeria's Hairest Girl Flaunts Major Cleavage in S3xy new Photos http://www.steadygist.com/2015/02/nigerias-hairest-girl-flaunts-major.html

So? lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by chamboy(m): 7:43am On Feb 24, 2015
Alex and Babalakin are PDP loyalist wat else do u expect. They would join their ff Felons d likes of FFK, Alams, Bode George, Fayose, Omisore,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by princemikky001: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Lagos State Government shocked shocked I thought they don't forgive money launder's because it's against APC's modus operandi
Very funny how we nigeria see tins u seeing a failed system which all boils down to d 16yrs of failure by PDP and u talkin trash we nigeria beta change d way we reason ooooo knw dis am nt a suporta of APC but al I want is dis failing and coruptd party call PDP out if nigerians can do dat I beliv d next party comin in will coordinate dem sef cos if they fail dem 2 will get d boot
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by lummylummy: 8:22am On Feb 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

So many underaged children on social media.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by olatade(m): 8:28am On Feb 24, 2015
So far the EFCC has not successfully prosecuted any notable treasury looter in recent times. They're more concerned with yahoo yahoo boys and petty thieves that steal goats or rent dupes. The actual looters of our common wealth, those that steal hundreds of millions and billions are untouchables. It appears to suggest that to be a thief or commit a financial crime, go for a colossal amount. That way you'll be bigger than the EFCC & other crime fighting organs of government
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by 100Cents: 9:01am On Feb 24, 2015
hazyfm1:
CHAI! ANOTHER ALAM!
THANK GOD IBORI IS NOT IN NIGERIA

GEJ !!!

OBJ stopped the contracts the FG awarded this guy and started witchunting him. Its a very old case..
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by dangotealiko: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2015
THE MANAGEMENT OF DANGOTE FACTORY WISH TO INFORM THE
GENERAL PUBLIC ON THE SALES OF VARIOUS PRODUCTS LISTED
BELOW..

CONTACT SALES MANAGER MR KEBIRU SANI ON 09051434591

DANGOTE CEMENT=1,000 PER BAG..

DANGOTE NOODLES=620 PER CARTON..

DANGOTE SALT=1,920 PER BAG..

DANGOTE TOMATO PASTE=720..

DANGOTE SPAGHETTI=650 PER CARTON..

OUR TRUCK ARE READY TO DELIVER TO ANY PART OF THE
COUNTRY BASED ON CUSTOMERS ORDER..

CONTACT MANAGEMENT TO PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW BECAUSE
TIME IS A MAJOR FACTOR IN THE ON GOING PROMO..

CONTACT SALES MANAGER MR KEBIRU SANI ON 09051434591
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by cyberwhiz: 9:45am On Feb 24, 2015
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by akinsadeez(m): 10:13am On Feb 24, 2015
what is d judgment about really? was the case dismissed or struck out or he was discharged and acquitted completely?. so many questions to ask. The man has really suffered for a while now so I am happy that this case is off his neck.
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by richielan: 10:32am On Feb 24, 2015
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was about 8 gran working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12gran for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
www.cashbay20.com
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by millionboi(m): 10:49am On Feb 24, 2015
Dis guy don blow
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by Reminez(m): 11:30am On Feb 24, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Oponu ni eleyi sha...Is EFCC a Lagos state establishment?
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by nickxtra(m): 11:37am On Feb 24, 2015
EFCC always losing Court cases against top politicians and businessmen for lack of due diligent prosecution, since 2011. But they will always win cases against 'yahoo, yahoo' boys and bank staff.
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by anwo247: 12:41pm On Feb 24, 2015
donlyone:

Even, some are blaming Jonathan and EFCC (for having collected bribe) for a judgement delivered by a court! Would the court judges leave their roles for Jonathan, Governors, or EFCC that even brought the case to court in the first place? Brainless folks shouting "we are the most intelligent people on earth".
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2015
What will happen to a common man who is starving and stole a groundnut.. Thief dey carry billions with suit, tie and biro
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by hush15: 2:09pm On Feb 24, 2015
Bolded:
I seriously don't trust the judiciary & i certainly don't trust this judgement.

If only we have strong institutions That cannot be bought cry cry cry

So, the big question is why would a Lagos state high court free someone who is guilty of corruption. I smell APC hand in this. They have agreed to a compromise with babalakin.
Yet, they say Jona promotes corruption.
What a shame

People, shine ur eyes and vote wisely.
For me, it's GEJ till 2019
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by chichriso: 5:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
VOTE GEJ for continuity

Vote PDP
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
Ordinary stealing you people will be calling it fraud... grin
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by Egbagirl(f): 12:11am On Feb 25, 2015
hush15:

So, the big question is why would a Lagos state high court free someone who is guilty of corruption. I smell APC hand in this. They have agreed to a compromise with babalakin.
Yet, they say Jona promotes corruption.
What a shame

People, shine ur eyes and vote wisely.
For me, it's GEJ till 2019

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by hush15: 7:29am On Feb 26, 2015
Egbagirl:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Why i still don't get the smiley meaning, lemme expantiate:

The way I understand the judicial system, Federal High Courts and State High Courts do have different jurisdictions. The federal legal systems caters for it's federal courts, states legal system does same at the state courts. Though Judiciary operates independently as another arm of government, States Coyrts receives more support at the State Level,while Federal Courts receives more support at the federal level. So the question is it's who gives more support at what level that influences cases more at that level.
Re: Lagos Court Frees Babalakin Over N4.7bn Fraud by Egbagirl(f): 5:13pm On Feb 26, 2015
hush15:

Why i still don't get the smiley meaning, lemme expantiate:

The way I understand the judicial system, Federal High Courts and State High Courts do have different jurisdictions. The federal legal systems caters for it's federal courts, states legal system does same at the state courts. Though Judiciary operates independently as another arm of government, States Coyrts receives more support at the State Level,while Federal Courts receives more support at the federal level. So the question is it's who gives more support at what level that influences cases more at that level.

and you think Fashola threw a lot of weight behind this case?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reports Of A N50billion plea Bargain deal with Emefiele Is False - AGF Fagbemi / Shehu Sani Commends Military, Service Chiefs For "Improved Security" / Everyone In This Pic Including Those At The Background Are All Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.