Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,917 members, 7,814,089 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries (828 Views)

Pictures Of Ethiopian Women Who Beg To Be Whipped / Igbo Fraud Permanently Put To Rest. Bonny (ibani) Language Compared With Igbo / Why Do Middle Belt Pple Feel They Are More Of Northerners Than Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by onila(f): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2015

I heard when you are broke in Nigeria
You have to beg to survive

but in other countries
the poor people tend to be content with the little they have

Is it true
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
Haba Mana!

You sure are really gulping down these lies.
You can say Beggars are very many in Nigeria as compared to other countries but Puhlease even USA have beggars.
Chai! Pple hate Naija sha.

3 Likes

Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Syfy(f): 6:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
Not true
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 23, 2015
Uhm...@Op, where do you reside?
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by lepasharon(f): 7:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
in the uk they get benefits
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by tpiah99: 2:33am On Feb 25, 2015
onila:

I heard when you are broke in Nigeria
You have to beg to survive

but in other countries
the poor people tend to be content with the little they have

Is it true

when you are broke in nigeria you borrow.

there's a difference between the two.

you can or might need to beg for favours though, eg job, etc.

but last time i checked, poverty is embarrassing, however its not a crime, abi its a crime where you come from?
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Richy4(m): 5:46am On Feb 25, 2015
Op, you are not far from the truth. But you see, those countries got what is called "GOVERNMENT" they got benefits reserved the poor, the unemployed, handicapped, all these where from tax payers money.

So it's citizens has no excuse to beg. In fact in the country where I live, it is against the law for any citizen to harass other citizen in the name of begging. You can call the cops for that. That beggar will be punished according to the law.

So if such is not provided for Nigerian by its Government, what would they do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by onila(f): 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
Richy4:
Op, you are not far from the truth. But you see, those countries got what is called "GOVERNMENT" they got benefits reserved the poor, the unemployed, handicapped, all these where from tax payers money.

So it's citizens has no excuse to beg. In fact in the country where I live, it is against the law for any citizen to harass other citizen in the name of begging. You can call the cops for that. That beggar will be punished according to the law.

So if such is not provided for Nigerian by its Government, what would they do?
but I heard other poor African countries, poor pple dont beg as poor Nigerians do

no help from the government either but they dont beg
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Pple beg everywhere but in different ways and levels.
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
OK wait, my name on onila's signature?! shocked

Now I'm shy embarassed cheesy
Re: I Hrd Poor Pple In Naija Beg Alot Compared To Other Countries by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
I mean if its something that helps them get by in their bad situation then I say its only logical...

(1) (Reply)

Where Is As Poor As Oyo? / , / To Those With Spiritual Husbands/wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.