Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:40 PM

HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish (3414 Views)

My Fish Pond Construction Project In Benin City / The Biggest Fishes In My Fish Farm / Starting Up My Fish Farm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by walexy14(m): 6:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
Hi fellow Nl, I stock 1,500 fingerlings in an Earthen pond for the first time without any experience. my fish are 4months old now and sadly, they are not growing as I expected and i have spend enough on feeds .I feed them 3 times daily with vital feeds of 2mm when i first bought and presently am mixing there feeds now with chicken sheet now . but still no improvement. Is there
other things I need to do? Please help. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by Johnnyessence(m): 12:00am On Feb 24, 2015
walexy14:
Hi fellow Nl, I stock 1,500 fingerlings in an Earthen pond for the first time without any experience. my fish are 4months old now and sadly, they are not growing as I expected and i have spend enough on feeds .I feed them 3 times daily with vital feeds of 2mm when i first bought and presently am mixing there feeds now with chicken sheet now . but still no improvement. Is there
my God this is been long oooooooo u ought to av posted a lot of messages here oooooo about d growth of d fish.first question will ask is that what's d type of d fish is it juveniles or fingerlings type hmmmm and besides since 4 months ago u av been feeding them when did u change to local feed using chicken waste till what stage you end finishing d 2mm feeds with them.need ur reply on these ooooo.and also to get fast answers u can check d topic on hidden truth about catfish business check d thread on agriculture section or check www.agricnetwork.com to get replies from consultant in d house.happy fish farming no loss in ur farming.

1 Like

Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by Johnnyessence(m): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2015
walexy14:
d type of size of feeds for small juveniles till table size are 2mm,3mm,4mm and 6mm mainly on vita feeds.

1 Like

Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by walexy14(m): 5:12pm On Feb 24, 2015
Johnnyessence:
my God this is been long oooooooo u ought to av posted a lot of messages here oooooo about d growth of d fish.first question will ask is that what's d type of d fish is it juveniles or fingerlings type hmmmm and besides since 4 months ago u av been feeding them when did u change to local feed using chicken waste till what stage you end finishing d 2mm feeds with them.need ur reply on these ooooo.and also to get fast answers u can check d topic on hidden truth about catfish business check d thread on agriculture section or check www.agricnetwork.com to get replies from consultant in d house.happy fish farming no loss in ur farming.

Fingerlings and I start giving them chicken waste when they are 3months old and not every time and I stop giving them 2mm at 2month old. am now feeding them with 3mm . thanks have learnt a lot from the thread .
Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by Johnnyessence(m): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
walexy14:

Fingerlings and I start giving them chicken waste when they are 3months old and not every time and I stop giving them 2mm at 2month old. am now feeding them with 3mm . thanks have learnt a lot from the thread .
waooo that's great oooo uw .u are free to ask us question oooo Cos' there are some consultant and coaches in d house ooo.happy farming.
Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by bonifacedaniel(m): 8:22pm On Feb 24, 2015
we have a solution for ur problem mr walex14 have u ever use GNLD LIQUID fertilizer for fish bfor CALL 08137773530
Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by gspace1960(m): 9:03am On Feb 25, 2015
Gspace hatchery are poised to supply
Fries,Fingerlings,Juveniles and Post juveniles at
an affordable rate within and outside lagos.in
order to ease your burden,for clients within
lagos,we will deliver to your door step at no cost
while there will be a discounted fee for delivery
to clients outside lagos as well as free
consultancy services for clients both within and
outside Lagos because your satisfaction is our
passion.place your order today and you will be
glad you did.you can reach us
on.07060523565,08123411006 or thru
email ........gesemudje@gmail.com
Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by walexy14(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2015
bonifacedaniel:
we have a solution for ur problem mr walex14 have u ever use GNLD LIQUID fertilizer for fish bfor CALL 08137773530
yea, we pour it inside the water 4days b4 we pour in the fish
Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by metroy4x: 11:38pm On Mar 28, 2015
Sorry poultry waste is not fish feed, if you want to farm fish you need to know the way in and way out, if you missmanage them they will missmanage your resources. For further info call: 08038886196
Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
wit all the info posted on fish on agric thread, u started ur fingerlings wit vital feeds and nt just dt u diddt, u fed fingerlings 2mm. Who gave u such advise?

u start wit good imported feed with high protein content likecoppens, zieglers or durante. . fingerlings are fed starter of 1.5,1.8mm. 2mm is big for fingerlings.
Vital feed is only good to finish off after u have fed good starter for atleast one month or one and halfmonth.

The harm has been done,we just have to find remedy. I dont know their current size, bt d remedy will be to feed ur fish well with the size in mm dt they can pick comfortably.For.me, i will advise u feed 2mm of durante and see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: HELP PLS!!! What Can I Do To Speed Up The Size Of My Fish by Tbagwell1(m): 6:12am On Mar 30, 2015
mercylicious:
wit all the info posted on fish on agric thread, u started ur fingerlings wit vital feeds and nt just dt u diddt, u fed fingerlings 2mm. Who gave u such advise?

u start wit good imported feed with high protein content likecoppens, zieglers or durante. . fingerlings are fed starter of 1.5,1.8mm. 2mm is big for fingerlings.
Vital feed is only good to finish off after u have fed good starter for atleast one month or one and halfmonth.

The harm has been done,we just have to find remedy. I dont know their current size, bt d remedy will be to feed ur fish well with the size in mm dt they can pick comfortably.For.me, i will advise u feed 2mm of durante and see how it goes.
For his fish to be able to pick 2mm, it means he wz sold runt, dat can only be d logical explanation for their slow growth.

(1) (Reply)

Best fertilizer product presented to prof. Yemi Osinbajo (photos) / Raising New Batch Of DOC Layers / Updated Rate For Foodstuff Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.