Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat (2602 Views)

"Stop Harrassing Patience Jonathan", Yoruba Youths Tell EFCC / Caution Fayose - APC To Yoruba Monarchs / We Never Endorsed Jonathan —yoruba Elders Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
The All Progressives
Congress ( APC) in Southwest
on Monday confronted
President Goodluck Jonathan
with stark analysis of his last
minutes move to court Yoruba
monarchs ahead of the
election , saying it will not
secure him victory in the
March 28 presidential
election .

In a statement issued by the
Director of Media and
Publicity in the zone , Mr. Ayo
Afolabi , the party explained
why Jonathan will lose in
Southwest .

According to the APC, Yoruba
voted massively for him n
2011 based on their
conviction that he was a
better candidate but that they
have been disappointed by
his poor performance in
governance .

The statement reads : “The
latest move by President
Goodluck Jonathan to court
Southwest monarchs ahead of
2015 general election has no
redemptive electoral value in
Southwest because it is
devoid of strategic
assessment .

“ The strategic question the
President and his campaign
managers should have tried to
answer before engaging on
the rash moves is: how many
of such desperate and
impromptu meetings were
needed before Yoruba people
voted for him in 2011 ? How
much did President Jonathan
spend to get Yoruba votes in
2011 and why should he think
money will save him now ?

“ All other regions extracted
several promises from
President Jonathan in the
race to 2011 elections except
the Southwest , which voted
based on their firm
convictions and commitment
to justice and good
governance .

“ However , despite getting
Yoruba votes effortlessly , what
did the region get in return ?

In the last five years ,
Jonathan ’ s administration has
shown unbearable contempt
for the region and its people
and their values, especially in
the attempt to adulterate their
leadership values.

“ For instance , many top
Yoruba people in the civil
service have been the victim
of Jonathan administration ’ s
nepotism . Under no
compulsion , no Yoruba
person will be proud of those
President Jonathan has
imposed as leaders
representing Yoruba people in
different capacities whether as
governor, minister , or party
leaders .

“ From all intent and purposes,
governance has stopped in
Ekiti State as the governor
has been functioning more as
a campaign manager with the
resources of Ekiti people than
as a governor. Ekiti people
deserve better than they
currently get.

“ The Southwest APC is
confident that Yoruba
monarchs and voters are
conscious of the implications
of a Greek Gift and as the
bastion of democratic justice
and good governance , they
will vote true to their cultural
identity that loathes tyranny ,
corruption , and nepotism .

In fact , activities in the
Presidency in the last few
weeks have confirmed that
Jonathan did not realise the
need for governance until it is
evident that Nigerians have
already embraced the
opportunity of change offered
by the APC .

“ Nigerians deserve better than
such a President and they will
use their ballot to pass a vote
of no confidence on the
clueless and wasteful
Jonathan administration on
March 28 . ”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/apc-to-jonathan-courting-yoruba-monarchs-wont-save-you/

3 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by sunkoye: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
thats the simple truth.

the most annoying thing is that He knew but still mumu dey beg!

4 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
Almost all d yorubas in my area supports GEJ.

Afolabi can't predict....he can only speak for himself not for every body.

11 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Niwdog(m): 6:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
Well one man food is another man poison

Buhari:a terrorist
Lia mohamed:a liar
Ameachi: a lunatic
Tinubu: a forger
Okorocha:an slowpoke(im.beci.le)
Soo much of a change

GEJ TILL 2019

4 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2015
Classic submission from the APC as usual, The past few days have witnessed an attempt by GEJ to curry favour from the Yoruba monarchs, crisscrossing the length and breath of south western states.

Let this man be reminded that the South West is too sophisticated to be fooled or swayed, the OBAS know what they are dealing with and will thread cautiously.

In 2011, GEJ was voted for massively over here, and he win all states except osun. Since then, he practically neglected the zone politically, which made most of its political leaders to lose faith in his leadership.

Not just that, in terms of development, the south west hasn't gained much from this administration. And GEJ thinks he can win again?

For the avoidance of doubt, Whenever the Yorubas decide, they do not renege. Come 2015, with someone of the caliber of Aregbesola as the zonal campaign coordinator of the zone, the south west is indeed a done and dusted one for the APC.

Buhari Lo Sure Ju

8 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

Where is your area?

We are talking Yoruba politics here. Yes Tinwa Tinwa.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by jjlala: 7:01pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

says who?

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
jjlala:
says who?

Says me!!
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
ShehuAba:

Where is your area?

We are talking Yoruba politics here. Yes Tinwa Tinwa.

Ur backyard.

Do u think I'm talking Igbo politics here?... undecided
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

Bloody Liar! Which area? Say it and let me a trip there this coming Saturday.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Kedam(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
ShehuAba:
Classic submission from the APC as usual, The past few days have witnessed an attempt by GEJ to curry favour from the Yoruba monarchs, crisscrossing the length and breath of south western states.

Let this man be reminded that the South West is too sophisticated to be fooled or swayed, the OBAS know what they are dealing with and will thread cautiously.

In 2011, GEJ was voted for massively over here, and he win all states except osun. Since then, he practically neglected the zone politically, which made most of its political leaders to lose faith in his leadership.

Not just that, in terms of development, the south west hasn't gained much from this administration. And GEJ thinks he can win again?

For the avoidance of doubt, Whenever the Yorubas decide, they do not renege. Come 2015, with someone of the caliber of Aregbesola as the zonal campaign coordinator of the zone, the south west is indeed a done and dusted one for the APC.

Buhari Lo Sure Ju
.Which Zone did he neglect mention it?Were they deprived of all what they were entitled to?
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by dazdilijae(m): 7:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
If the monarch can't do anything why is the APC worried about the meetings? The same way they ran around looking 4 endorsements from the same monarchs? Abi if the monarch ve no power hw is it tha 1man(OBJ) has so much power 2 decide the votes of the Southwest?

7 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
harde2lah:

Bloody Liar!

Aggressive People's Congress. APC.

I didn't mention u...did I?

I thought u guys would be tired by now....dunno u're still very much alife. U guys needs to restrategize. smiley

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
dazdilijae:
If the monarch can't do anything why is the APC worried about the meetings? The same way they ran around looking 4 endorsements from the same monarchs? Abi if the monarch ve no power hw is it tha 1man(OBJ) has so much power 2 decide the votes of the Southwest?

Abi oo....empty vessels makes the loudest noise.
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

Aggressive People's Congress. APC.

I didn't mention u...did I?

I thought u guys would be tired by now....dunno u're still very much alife. U guys needs to restrategize. smiley
Go and Die Fool

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
harde2lah:

Go and Die Fool

wink

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by taharqa: 7:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
I heard the Alaafin of Oyo publicly endorse GEJ today, saying that the people of Oyo would give him another 4years.

I also saw the streets of Ogbomosho filled to the brim as GEJ visited the Soun of Ogbomosho same day.

Let APC be jozzi there, while GEJ does the he needful. This is politics and power. And the President is projecting Power now.

Simplez...

5 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

Ur backyard.

lanicky:
lanicky:

Ur backyard.

Almost all the Yorubas in my area, can actually mean that, Not everybody in your area are Yorubas.

Well don't worry, just watch out and see how it pans out.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

wink
Fool, you can't even quote properly. Ode!

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by alaoeri: 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
What I know is that GEJ running from pillar to post won't save from the impending defeat that will befall him come March 28.
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
harde2lah:

Fool, you can't even quote properly. Ode!

Can't stop laughing @ ur immature attitude cheesy

Mnot gonna reply u again. GOODLUCK TO ME....BUHARI to u. #My prayer#.

3 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
taharqa:
I heard the Alaafin of Oyo publicly endorse GEJ today, saying that the people of Oyo would give him another 4years.

I also saw the streets of Ogbomosho filled to the brim as GEJ visited the Soun of Ogbomosho same day.

Let APC be jozzi there, while GEJ do the needful. This is politics and power. And the President is projecting Power now.

Simplez...

Well you said, you heard which doesn't give credence of it been the truth.

Let GEJ and his goons be reminded that politics is not about these monarchs, it goes beyond that, he has FAILED WOEFULLY as a President, most especially the south west. That's why, the people want him ousted.

The major political actors in the south west and its people are clamouring for a Buhari presidency, which is actually what will come to pass come march 28th.

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by lanicky(f): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
ShehuAba:

Well don't worry, just watch out and see how it pans out.

Alright bro.
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

I'm glad you've taken my advise to go and die. Good girl. Make it fast okay. Nairaland will not miss you. Good riddance!
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

I'm glad you've taken my advise to go and die. Good girl. Make it fast okay. Nairaland will not miss you. Good riddance!
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by cooljude(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
Interesting, but if his visit was total rubbish why the panic

1 Like

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Alaanyihaji(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
lanicky:

Tell him my dear. The chief Campaign manager of GEJ in my area is a Yoruba man.He can bet his three months salary that Jonathan will defeat APC hands down in Lagos and the South West. Just listen to Jonathan's presentations and promises for the South West this time and u see the need for the zone to vote massively for him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
dazdilijae:

Listen, no one man has the power to decide the political calculation of the south west I.e How the election will be win and lost.

Yes, there are political actors which this time around are in the APC.

The south west people has decided, and that GEJ will be sent packing from Aso rock to Otuoke. No amount of lobby with the Obas can save him from this imminent but sure defeat.
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ShehuAba(m): 7:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
Alaanyihaji:
Tell him my dear. The chief Campaign manager of GEJ in my area is a Yoruba man.He can bet his three months salary that Jonathan will defeat APC hands down in Lagos and the South West. Just listen to Jonathan's presentations and promises for the South West this time and u see the need for the zone to vote massively for him.

Which area Mr man?

Let him bet his three months salary and see how he will lose woefully.

Oga, you better bet with him and chop that money before it's too late after all na national cake.

No dull yourself ooo

SAI BUHARI JOO

2 Likes

Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by Alaanyihaji(m): 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
Kedam:
.Which Zone did he neglect mention it?Were they deprived of all what they were entitled to?
If the zone lost anything, they should blame Tinubu who sold their entitlement of House Speaker to Tambuwal in the name of party politics- through the ACN caucus in the house. That position was zoned to the South west but renegade PDP members in the aftermath of zoning debacle,conspired with APC to deny south west that position.Thereon,was the origin of talk of marginalization of south west.But the zone has its fair share of ministers and SAs and board appointments and infrastructural developments under Jonathan even more than they got from Obasanjo presidency. And it will be much better in the second term,Insha Allah.
Re: APC To Jonathan -Yoruba Monarchs Can't Save You From Defeat by ahaz: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2015
ShehuAba:
The All Progressives
Congress ( APC) in Southwest
on Monday confronted
President Goodluck Jonathan
with stark analysis of his last
minutes move to court Yoruba
monarchs ahead of the
election , saying it will not
secure him victory in the
March 28 presidential
election .

In a statement issued by the
Director of Media and
Publicity in the zone , Mr. Ayo
Afolabi , the party explained
why Jonathan will lose in
Southwest .

According to the APC, Yoruba
voted massively for him n
2011 based on their
conviction that he was a
better candidate but that they
have been disappointed by
his poor performance in
governance .

The statement reads : “The
latest move by President
Goodluck Jonathan to court
Southwest monarchs ahead of
2015 general election has no
redemptive electoral value in
Southwest because it is
devoid of strategic
assessment .

“ The strategic question the
President and his campaign
managers should have tried to
answer before engaging on
the rash moves is: how many
of such desperate and
impromptu meetings were
needed before Yoruba people
voted for him in 2011 ? How
much did President Jonathan
spend to get Yoruba votes in
2011 and why should he think
money will save him now ?

“ All other regions extracted
several promises from
President Jonathan in the
race to 2011 elections except
the Southwest , which voted
based on their firm
convictions and commitment
to justice and good
governance .

“ However , despite getting
Yoruba votes effortlessly , what
did the region get in return ?

In the last five years ,
Jonathan ’ s administration has
shown unbearable contempt
for the region and its people
and their values, especially in
the attempt to adulterate their
leadership values.

“ For instance , many top
Yoruba people in the civil
service have been the victim
of Jonathan administration ’ s
nepotism . Under no
compulsion , no Yoruba
person will be proud of those
President Jonathan has
imposed as leaders
representing Yoruba people in
different capacities whether as
governor, minister , or party
leaders .

“ From all intent and purposes,
governance has stopped in
Ekiti State as the governor
has been functioning more as
a campaign manager with the
resources of Ekiti people than
as a governor. Ekiti people
deserve better than they
currently get.

“ The Southwest APC is
confident that Yoruba
monarchs and voters are
conscious of the implications
of a Greek Gift and as the
bastion of democratic justice
and good governance , they
will vote true to their cultural
identity that loathes tyranny ,
corruption , and nepotism .

In fact , activities in the
Presidency in the last few
weeks have confirmed that
Jonathan did not realise the
need for governance until it is
evident that Nigerians have
already embraced the
opportunity of change offered
by the APC .

“ Nigerians deserve better than
such a President and they will
use their ballot to pass a vote
of no confidence on the
clueless and wasteful
Jonathan administration on
March 28 . ”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/apc-to-jonathan-courting-yoruba-monarchs-wont-save-you/
apc insultng yoruba elders since 1800.fist tinubu calld them political jobers,nw d entire party reducng them to mear errand boys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Could Have Won Popular Vote Without SW-Allies / Ag President Osinbajo Looking At The Files First Day In Office..... / PHOTOS: Beautiful Lawyers Rush To Take Selfies With Gov. Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.