Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) (995 Views)

Man Carries 7 Bags Of Rice On His Head (photo) / A Chinese Captures A Rare Giant Salamander That Lived 170million Years Ago / Nigerians Meet The Chicken Who Lived Without Its Head For 18 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by vanen2: 12:05am On Feb 24, 2015
A chicken named Mike Became Headless on September 10th, 1945 after being decapitated by his owner, Lloyd Olsen from Fruita, Colorado, USA, who wanted to cook him for dinner. During Mike’s attempted decapitation, Llyod hit all the wrong (or right) spots, leaving Mike headless but still alive. Baffled, the owner had a change of heart and decided to nurse the rooster back to health. Mike shook off the upsetting incident and shortly after, started pecking around and grooming his feathers as if nothing had happened. Well, he couldn’t really do all those things because without a head the bird couldn’t eat, drink or see but that didn’t stop him from trying! After feeding him grains and quenching his thirst, Olsen took Mike to the University of Utah where flabbergasted scientists took a close look at the death-defying chicken. According to them, a blood clot prevented Mike from bleeding to death after Olsen’s axe had missed the jugular. As if by miracle, Mike was still left with his left ear and most of his brain stem intact which was enough to keep this feathered critter healthy. Olsen swore to take care of him for the rest of his life, feeding him milk and water with syringes. Mike was doing so well. Mike lived for 18 months before dying after the owner forgot to feed him. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_the_Headless_Chicken
www.miketheheadlesschicken.org

1 Share

Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 24, 2015
If I hear say I go near d meat, talkless of eating it. This na eleyi gidigan
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by dkronicle(m): 12:12am On Feb 24, 2015
All dis ghetto chicken..
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by dkronicle(m): 12:13am On Feb 24, 2015
Mtchew dats wat we hear, wen its prepared in Ba.B.Q nao u will be begin for it..
hajruna:
If I hear say I go near d meat, talkless of eating it. This na eleyi gidigan
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by ginawest(f): 12:25am On Feb 24, 2015
strange
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by jammyunn(m): 12:30am On Feb 24, 2015
Na wa oh...if na africa, dem go shout "juju"
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by jamex93(m): 1:21am On Feb 24, 2015
OK I don hear hope say d chicken no pass DAT 18 months??
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by keddyluv(f): 1:45am On Feb 24, 2015
Guess it finally died of starvation, by the way, where the chicken dey waka go, e no go find 1 place sidon?
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by keddyluv(f): 1:52am On Feb 24, 2015
[quote author=vanen2 post=31022500] According to them, a blood clot prevented Mike from bleeding to death after Olsen’s axe had missed the jugular. As if by miracle, Mike was still left with his left ear and most of his brain stem intact which was enough to keep this feathered critter healthy.
I bet you, you really know nothing about killing Chicken grin
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by vanen2: 6:11am On Feb 24, 2015
ginawest:
strange
But true anyway, it turns out to be that it's not only our politicians that can live without brains
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by vanen2: 6:13am On Feb 24, 2015
jamex93:
OK I don hear hope say d chicken no pass DAT 18 months??
No
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by vanen2: 6:16am On Feb 24, 2015
keddyluv:
Guess it finally died of starvation, by the way, where the chicken dey waka go, e no go find 1 place sidon?
Make I hear, that chick could still think like a chick in that state. A large Part of the brain was intact
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by vanen2: 6:18am On Feb 24, 2015
Mistakes are bound to happen. You never slaughter chicken wey no wan die quick?
Re: Meet The Chicken That Lived For 18 Months Without Its Head!! (photo) by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 24, 2015
dkronicle:
Mtchew dats wat we hear, wen its prepared in Ba.B.Q nao u will be begin for it..
that would be true, if I was the chicken type

(1) (Reply)

Am New Here / What Is This Thing Called? So I Can Stop Calling It VLC / 10 Reasons Why Some People Will Bash You In The Romance Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.