Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS (6765 Views)

7 Steps To Buy Your Car From USA And Ship To Nigeria Without Leaving Your Bed. / Engine Smokes When Leaving A Traffic Please Help A Brother / Benefits Of Leaving Your Car At Home Doing This Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by chuka5000(m): 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
nurey:

I never said I challenged the audi not to talk of a turbocharged one for that matter, it was just intimidating me with its exhaust roar nah, we were in traffic and I am sure it would and will always beat me hands down.

As for those your civic and EOD they are fast but I still maintain my stand, they will beat me but will never come close to chewing me up.

I don't race with a car I know its handling prowess, besides I have never exceeded 130km/h in that sienna I still need to enjoy life a little bit, I only do 100-120km/h when overtaking, if not 80km/h is enough for me.

Since u dont race or drive fast, why compare cars.
Dont ever make a mistake of racing an accord v6 03 wit a siena 99.
Its surely a death race for the siena and a piece of cake for the accord.
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by nurey(m): 3:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
chuka5000:

Since u dont race or drive fast, why compare cars.
Dont ever make a mistake of racing an accord v6 03 wit a siena 99.
Its surely a death race for the siena and a piece of cake for the accord.

You have a very big mouth, I will race that leg pulling, transmission failure prone car and win it, and there is nothing you can do about it. cool
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by billy187(m): 12:05pm On May 25, 2015
benzmatic:
My favourite sleeper of all time would be the mb 190 2.5 16. Produced in the late 1980s, it could generate 205hp, and had a 7s 0 - 60mph time. there was no turbo in the engine, just bigger cylinder, and mechanical valve lifters. on the highway it looked like your typical 190, even the spoilers were modest. u could only start to suspect when the 'baby benz' started to grow larger and larger in the rearview mkrror of your overpriced cosmetically endowed sedan.

I think I totally saw this car yesterday!

It first passed me by so fast I didnt really notice-but then i caught up at a tollbooth and noticed the 'unusual' ground effects and the spoiler. The rainy weather, coupled with my inherent inability to combine phone usage with driving kept me from taking a pic.

For all I know it might be a fake but then I do hope I meet it again on the highway.
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by benzmatic: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
really? but i doubt if it was truly a 16v 190e. they are rare for one, and any examples left in Naija would have been raped by now. my guess is it's a body kit for 16v with a capable engine, say 2.6 m102, or an m104 engine.
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by 9icetoo(m): 4:39pm On Jun 09, 2015
benzmatic:
really? but i doubt if it was truly a 16v 190e. they are rare for one, and any examples left in Naija would have been raped by now. my guess is it's a body kit for 16v with a capable engine, say 2.6 m102, or an m104 engine.
I have seen one. in enugu. it was driven by a woman. she passed me when i was doing 130km/hr on the ph - enugu expressway. i saw her parked later in a filling station and went to confirm my suspicion. She smiled when she recognised my car cos i tried to give her a chase but gave up on a long hilly section later. We talked a bit about the car. It was still pristine and her son sent it to her from Germany. I thanked her and continued my journey.
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by benzmatic: 12:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
wow, would really love to see a 16v 190e in pristine condition. That would be an experience, those cars sell for about 8000 pounds on the average now, if they are low mileage. I believe they a truly special cars, even with today's tech advancement, you would hardly get a 4 cylinder car pushing on 200hp, with a sub 8s 100km time. and yet it was not a turbo charged engine, and it did not have a supercharger like the kompressors. Cosworth really knew what they were about.
I actually bought a 16v here in Nigeria, that was imported by the original owner from Germany. however it had been raped when I got it, those that handled the sale didn't even know about the getrag gear with the lower left 1st gear. Still it could humiliate many fancy new model sedans on the highway. It was however using a lot of oil, and fuel economy was also high. I had to scrap the engine after it got permanently damaged by our guys here during a rebuild. Still, if I see a clean 16v engine, I would snap it up quickly, and place it back in the lonely chasis of the 16v. helluva car, that car. Not like some famous Japanese sport badged sedan, only with sports body kit, making less than 140hp, comedians.
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by billy187(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
benzmatic:
wow, would really love to see a 16v 190e in pristine condition. That would be an experience, those cars sell for about 8000 pounds on the average now, if they are low mileage. I believe they a truly special cars, even with today's tech advancement, you would hardly get a 4 cylinder car pushing on 200hp, with a sub 8s 100km time. and yet it was not a turbo charged engine, and it did not have a supercharger like the kompressors. Cosworth really knew what they were about.
I actually bought a 16v here in Nigeria, that was imported by the original owner from Germany. however it had been raped when I got it, those that handled the sale didn't even know about the getrag gear with the lower left 1st gear. Still it could humiliate many fancy new model sedans on the highway. It was however using a lot of oil, and fuel economy was also high. I had to scrap the engine after it got permanently damaged by our guys here during a rebuild. Still, if I see a clean 16v engine, I would snap it up quickly, and place it back in the lonely chasis of the 16v. helluva car, that car. Not like some famous Japanese sport badged sedan, only with sports body kit, making less than 140hp, comedians.

You actually drove one? I salute u sa! I hope you still have the car? pics please! smiley
Re: Top 10 Stock Sleepers (you’re Better Off Leaving Alone) + PICS by benzmatic: 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
there u go, 2.5 16v chasis only. Engine is however a w124 m102 engine from the v boot, call it a sheep in wolf's clothing if u will.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P2227 Code And AC Issue On A 2005 Honda. Pls Advice! / 2GR-FE Oil Cooler Pipe Replacement (2008 Toyota Highlander) / How To Have Fun On A Road Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.