Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe (38982 Views)

Girl Dies From Lethebo Rabalango's Speaker In His Church (Photos) / Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by chynie: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
catholic pays tithe me i pay my tithe regularly, so i dont know the catholic u are talking about
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
You said you were overqualified right??

They knew they won't be able to pay you
He was just looking for that question to nail you with and religion came to his rescue.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Fourwinds: 4:37pm On Feb 25, 2015
mko2005:

No but them dey try uphold godly principles !

God help us
it is same as telling d employee dat his/her church is a nonsense church.. what does employing someone gat to do with tithe. I have heard from a reliable source how a particular organisation takes tithes from its workers salary before paying dem. is it by force to coarse someone to pay tithe.

1 Like

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by tolustx(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2015
sparkleRed:
read the book of Malachi 3, there is something on tithe there, it nt just a pastor wanting money, its a commandment 4rm God
the man believes in tithe, and it has bin working 4 him, so he isn't ready 2 negotiate dat, buh he shouldn't judge on that tho

Christians understands dis nt atheist tho

Babe. I spot u o. U go still come preach for us for our crib o. Waiting for u.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by scarletdp(m): 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2015
Oh people should go to bed about this abeg.. if u want to pay tithe, pay, if u dont do not, its not by force and we are not under the law of giving but giving from free will. if u go to church n u wanna freely give 5k or 100k fine, its not a must anymore, Abraham paid a tenth from the spoils of the war to melchizedek, not from all he had, and in hebrews d bible said because of levi was in his loins wen he did that, the levites where commanded under the law to collect a tenth and to even collect from d oda decendants of abraham. so if u r nt a levite or from d levetical priestly order, u have no business collecting a tenth and paul also said further that if dat priestly order ws perfect der would have bin no need for anoda, but since another had to come, so also the law has to change, noone is commanded to collect a tenth anymore, we are to give freely just as abraham did to melchizedek who is a high priest born from a tribe with no priestly lineage jst as Christ was born from a tribe of no priestly lineage... hebrew 7 vs 1-26.

today prosperity churches are turning tins upside down, and all we find in our churches today are rich people who look upon themselves as blessed and take upon dia abundance as proof of their spiritual condition, making the poor feel their deficit is also a proof of their low spiritual condition but blv me there is no correlation btw how much u serve God and how much money u must have.

Christ spoke about money during his tym but it was always with a warning, not an assurance of what u will get if u follow him.

someone tells u if u pay tithe or give God money u will get more, or if u dont u will somehow loose all u have, jeeezzzz u dont give cz u expect somethin better or cz u expect somethin of the same, u giv cz that is d right tin to do.

in gen 14 vs 22 d king wanted to give abraham the remaing 9/10 from d war bt abraham rejected it, if it ws our present time it would hv been seen as 'Oh i gave a tenth God hs given me more

and before u continue to wrongly quote malachi 3 for me 'can a man rob God'... i will leave u with this, The only human in the bible that is called our father n we r called his descendants is Abraham, but malach 3 from vs 6 says You descendants of Jacob....
and Jacob's descendants r d levites whom God commanded thru moses to also pay a tenth from the tithe dey get from the ppl of israel Numbers 18 vs 26

everyone should give jst as he has planned in his heart, not grudgingly or LAWFULLY for God loves a cheerful giver 2cor 9vs 7

And for the record the Catholic Church pay tithe, we just don't say its a must it must be 10% of an income or whatever u call it. We give Freely. Any catholic who thinks otherwise should ask his or her priest.

5 Likes

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by julioralph(m): 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
So d payment of tithes is now more important than winning souls for christ?
Its good to pay, but remember that God doesn't need our money.
My guy work hard and pray, you'll definately get something better.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Fourwinds: 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
cupidFlint:
Information on why Boko Haram boys decided to go hiding in Sambisa forest instead of building tents in Obudu Cattle Ranch.
cheesy
cupidFlint:
Information on why Boko Haram boys decided to go hiding in Sambisa forest instead of building tents in Obudu Cattle Ranch.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by nairabetguru(m): 4:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayce911:
I got an interview invitation last Friday with one newly established company around Airport road, Rukpoku, Port Harcourt(name withheld). I was over-qualified, and I answered their questions perfectly, but what shocked me was when the interviewer asked me what church i attended.

I proudly answered "Catholic". His facial expression changed and he said "whoever doesn't pay tithe can hinder the growth of a company."

He even tried backing his statement with biblical quotations.I was very shocked so I can't even remember all the crap he said.

I brought this here to tell Nairalanders what religion has turned our people into.

The more reason you should vote for Change!!

vote for APC
#March4buhari
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by ebosse(m): 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2015
veronokoh:
If u are saying the truth what is the name of the company ?

Finally!!! Some1 who thinks like me... This is just another pathetic thread to get attention ( and Probably rubbish the Christian religion too). If not Y is the OP soooo scared of mentioning the company? Its not like he got the job and will get fired for speaking out like this..

Btw, I believe the OP is also lying about being a catholic cos I AM , and we pay tithe in my parish just like every other parish based on research done on this thread by the amount of Catholic nairalanders comments.

As for the 'Tithes' issue ; I know ppl who r barely surviving, orphanages, I have siblings, cousins, friends that are struggling also and I've decided to help them as much as I can ! The GOD I serve is a merciful and nderstanding GOD and will definitely understand if I decide to give 10% or more (Or less, based on my condition at the time) to the ppl around me who needs it than to the church!
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by bayumyguy: 4:44pm On Feb 25, 2015
Meen oga oooo,we need to take such company up offically,wht does tithe got to do with job offer,rubbish organisation
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by buJu234: 4:45pm On Feb 25, 2015
does ExxonMobil; MTN; Microsoft; Dangote etc pays tithe...

Now over to u religious Nigerians; can u show any Nigerian company that pays tithe thats bigger than any of the companies above .
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by ALISMILE(m): 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
PastorKun:
The level of brainwashing in christiandom because of this tithing scam is pathetic. angry
Pathetic BRAINWASHING coupled wit d ppls easy GULLIBILITY! I will soon open my own church business!If MAGA no fall, boys no go chop na!
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Fourwinds: 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
mayorall:

Our tithes doesn't bless God, it blesses us. That's the business owner's believe. If any employee is to work with me, if he hasn't been paying title before, he must start. But I won't disqualify him/her cos he hasn't been paying title.

He no get work before nah. If he get work he won't seek work with the employer nah.
u see how dem take deceive u. weti concern ur employee and ur tithe to God. una be d same.? u know am before d employment. go pay ur tithe to God and leave ur employee out of d matter jaree.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by QueenAzibar(f): 4:52pm On Feb 25, 2015
sweetcocoa:
Not all.

The ones that even do, started not too long ago, it wasn't in the doctrines of the catholic church to pay tithe, they just couldn't see their pentecostal and other counterparts prosper from tithing extortion, without doing nothing, so they joined.smiley
that's not true o. it didn't just start now. read a little more and ask your priest.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by mjames: 4:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Are you paying the tithe to the company?
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by ALISMILE(m): 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayce911:
I got an interview invitation last Friday with one newly established company around Airport road, Rukpoku, Port Harcourt(name withheld). I was over-qualified, and I answered their questions perfectly, but what shocked me was when the interviewer asked me what church i attended.

I proudly answered "Catholic". His facial expression changed and he said "whoever doesn't pay tithe can hinder the growth of a company."

He even tried backing his statement with biblical quotations.I was very shocked so I can't even remember all the crap he said.

I brought this here to tell Nairalanders what religion has turned our people into.
That means if u be MUSLIM nko they no go grant u interview!
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Ayietim(m): 4:54pm On Feb 25, 2015
Why do we have to make God so small in our hearts. Who owns the church? Is it not God? Does the name of the church matter? No. Does the church tradition matter? No. Some have planted and will continue to plant while others have watered and others still will continue to water but only God has given and will continue to give increase. Separate God from earthly alter.
http://ayietim..
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by sweetcocoa(f): 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
QueenAzibar:

that's not true o. it didn't just start now. read a little more and ask your priest.
Can you, pray tell, when it started exactly?
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Catholics don't you pay tithe?
I have a Catholic friend and she pays tithes.
Catholics pay tithe. We even preach tithe.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Fourwinds: 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
ebosse:

Finally!!! Some1 who thinks like me... This is just another pathetic thread to get attention ( and Probably rubbish the Christian religion too). If not Y is the OP soooo scared of mentioning the company? Its not like he got the job and will get fired for speaking out like this.
I have encountered such before jaree. in which I was ask my religion. a man close to d head told men if I were CCC or a muslim I won't get d job. a friend of mine is suffering d same fate. tithe is always deducted from his salary yet he doesn't attend d church of d organisation.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by ALISMILE(m): 5:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Wat is d diff btw all dis compulsive Tithe extortionist and Boko Haram? Christians sheyb u say there is no compulsion in religion? Hypocrites!
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Jeromejnr(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Vig86:

Catholics pay tithe. We even preach tithe.

Well, I'm not sure this OP goes to church at all.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by mayorall(m): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
u see how dem take deceive u. weti concern ur employee and ur tithe to God. una be d same.? u know am before d employment. go pay ur tithe to God and leave ur employee out of d matter jaree.

Sorry I didn't quote you with my initial message. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by LadyX(f): 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
sweetcocoa:
This isn't funny seriously, someone that claims to know God discriminating, when the Jesus they so profess was supposedly dining with sinners and had a harlot as a good friend, such confusion/delusion.
I'm surprised that they denied him a job based on his faith. It's cleary written in the bible that 'do not judge', I wonder why the interviewer decided to judge the op. I think the person has personal scores to settle with the catholic church.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Well, I'm not sure this OP goes to church at all.
There is more to that denial than just tithing reason.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
nairabetguru:

The more reason you should vote for Change!!

vote for APC
#March4buhari
How does this correlate to the issue at hand? The way you guys chant this like a mantra beats my imagination.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Tymax(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley
As usual.

Fvckery Unlimited.

Babe, you don change.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by kemnareal: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
kayce911:

catholic do pay tithe my friend,d only tihn is dt they don't call out like penticostal churches,I pay my tithe always. Also yeye dey worry dt company joo
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by uzolexis(f): 5:09pm On Feb 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
bro, change d name of d church cos d Holy Roman Catholic church I attend collects tithe ooooo.

It's not compulsory in the catholic church 2 pay tithe. They don't drum it into ur ears like other churches do....

3 Likes

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by ebosse(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2015
Fourwinds:
I have encountered such before jaree. in which I was ask my religion. a man close to d head told men if I were CCC or a muslim I won't get d job. a friend of mine is suffering d same fate. tithe is always deducted from his salary yet he doesn't attend d church of d organisation.

Which company... My Best friend back then was (still is) a Muslim and I noticed how weak and unfocused he gets during fasting periods.. U don't expect a company which deals in manual labour to employ some1 like that ba? No Pun intended.

Looool, as for that your friend mahhhhhn the company just dey scam that guy ooooh... Wouldn't be surprise if na "Oga @ the top" pocket your friend so-called tithe dey enter.

I'm not trying to dispute the fact that these things happen (occasionally).... I'm just saying from what the OP came up with ( OverKilling his interview, catholics not paying tithe, refusing to mention the company) it is most likely 1 of those Fictional Threads we See these days on nairaland.
Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by SalC: 5:18pm On Feb 25, 2015
wordsbase:
Unfortunately the same goes for firms owned by catholics. They in most cases won't give jobs to non catholics. Such a pity.
Do you know any Catholic firm where someone was denied a job for being non Catholic? I need the name and address and if possible how it happened.

1 Like

Re: He Was Denied A Job Because His Church Doesn't Pay Tithe by Nobody: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Life Experience With Mermaids! / Jude Ndukwe: An Open Letter To Mbaka / Bishop Obinim Sacks All His Pastors After Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.