Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? (4305 Views)

Photo: You Might Learn To Mind Your Business After Reading This... / When You See Police Patrol Van, What Comes To Your Mind ? / What's The First Thing That Comes To Mind On Waking Up Each Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by omogenaija(f): 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2006
when i think of nigeria i think of

faji to the highest level
lots of money
movies
musicans
yoruba

and i think of me
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Alexos(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2006
Well,

1. The Bad and the good people. embarassed lipsrsealed
It hurts that the bad one dominates. We need total over-hauling

2. The bad economical situation, and then the good and bright future waiting ahead. smiley wink
I hope it comes as quick as possible
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Chay(f): 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2006
I think of my loved ones
Nepa/Phcn
CORRUPTION
Bad roads
Every one wants something for free
Different types of food

I still love my country sha!
grin grin grin
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by jaybaby(f): 12:24am On Oct 14, 2006
419 2 D FULLEST
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Raymand(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2006
HOME. . . cool
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by ifyalways(f): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2007
SWEET HOME
SURVIVORS
FRESH APKU+OFE ONUGBO
NEPA
POLICE
BLESSED LAND
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2007
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by almondjoy(f): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2007
How I can get my parents out of there. But not possible so I just have to deal with till they are "called to glory"! Then I will never have to think about it! It is called "Spiritual Relocaton"!!!!
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by britgirlee(f): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2007
i have to say , which is sad to say

over here when you hear the word Nigerian

Fraud

student/taxi driver at the age of 50

IT Consultant , meaning money launderer

Property developer meanin again money launder

Bently
Range ROVER Sport
Bently convertible
BMW ^ siries all on HP or money laudered
Adulterer

Mr White, Mr Apple crumble, Mr Winters Mr Jaide etc (JIDE) all alias to open bank accounts (stolen identity)

Why do some Nigerians make it harder for the rest of us WHY?
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by almondjoy(f): 5:14am On Nov 10, 2007
britgirlee:

Fraud

Bently
Range ROVER Sport
Bently convertible
Adulterer

Mr White, Mr Apple crumble, Mr Winters Mr Jaide etc (JIDE) all alias to open bank accounts (stolen identity)

Heh! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by britgirlee(f): 7:01am On Nov 10, 2007
almond girlee

its true!!! the worst thing about it ,,, for the taxi driver he is often illegal and dodges from left to right to avoid the police or paying taxes

for the 'names' he/she cannot pronouce properly and with the strogest african accent , before any one says ahh yes do you no in Lagos they have English surnames blah blah I KNOW THAT!!!

give you an example , very true !!

There was a mobile phone scam organised by some Nigerians from a rented address using the legal owners real name Mr Hughs pronounced (HUES) the police did a sting at the post office. A delivery note was left advising to attend the post office to collect the items.
The Nigerian guy walks into the office with a bill but no photo ID to get the fraudulently acquired phone,,,,when asked for photo ID of course he didn't have it and started to shout at the English undercover post officer, come on meeeeeeeeeen give me the phone after all i am Mr (HUGGIS)

yep he was arrested!!!! grin TRUE STORY!!! shocked
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 10, 2007
Lol, Fox! I wish I'd been there to see Mr "Huggis's" face as he was hustled away.

The postmaster must have been pretty bemused too! grin grin grin
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by ifyalways(f): 2:25pm On Nov 10, 2007
hmmn
i wud just have to pass on this one. lipsrsealed
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by fatty27: 6:06pm On Nov 10, 2007
Oshodi,
Ajegunle,
EFCC
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 10, 2007
ifyalways:

hmmn
i would just have to pass on this one. lipsrsealed

Not sure, or scared to say? grin
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2007
A place to be at

Land of opportunity

Lawless, smoke some weed without getting arrested by the cops cheesy cheesy cheesy

There is no place like the motherland kiss kiss kiss

A place where fun never stops

Can have parties on the street without getting arrested

Buka food hmmmmmmmmmm kiss kiss kiss
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by britgirlee(f): 8:14am On Nov 11, 2007
siena grin

you could imagine,,,,,check out my topic on accents!!!! grin grin grin
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Cyclone5(m): 8:37am On Nov 11, 2007
Its quite intriguing that this particuar thread shows how little some of us actually know about Nigeria. ITs true that there are fraudulent and duplicitous people. But very few on the scale of BAE or WMD.

When I think of Nigeria I fear for the children and young people who have so much potential but are denied the opportunity and security time and time again.

I dont deny the harshness and the violence but please remember the glorious landscapes (groundnut pyramids, Olumo Rock, River Niger, the Delta, Jos plateaus), the wonderful artistry, the lovely food. How many countries have a Nobel prize Laureate in Literature. And he is just one of a number of deserving many - Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi, TM Aluko, Buchi Emecheta, Ola Rotimi etc. We used to have a glorious tradition of theatre. And now we have Nollywood.

Think about family networks that have been the rock on which many a person has gone on to high achievement. Have you ever been to see someone off at the MM airport in Ikeja? See the love and the comedy (or farce) that follows them on as they set off.

Imagine the academic excellence that Nigerians have showed the world over.

In the UK there are millions of Nigerians working in office jobs and in managerial positions. They are a credit. Its not true that most of us are scraping the barrel and contemplating frauds.

Please remember Fela, Oriental Brothers, Osita Osadebey, Victor Uwaifo, Bobby Benson, IK Dairo, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Prince Nico Mbarga, Christy Essien. Evergreen and everlasting.

If there is one thing that you can earmark Nigerians for its a great sesnse of humour. Ikebe Super has lasted a generation now.

I think some of us could do with learning a little bit more about our country. And then when we reflect on the bad things we might do so with some balance.

May our green shoots continue to burst forth even in this age on blight and pestilence.
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 11, 2007
@ Cyclone: Very well said, I agree with you - in principle.

@ Fox: What section is it in? wink
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by doyin13(m): 11:32am On Nov 11, 2007
britgirlee:

Fraud

Bently
Range ROVER Sport
Bently convertible
Adulterer

@britgirlee

You forgot Parking Attendants.

I guess they reckon Nigerians with their pugilistic accents and tone(u wan try Yorubas)
are highly suited for the job.

Na real wa sad
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by sweetonyx(m): 9:02pm On Nov 11, 2007
unemployment sad
up nepa grin
tax evasion sad
insecurity sad
militants grin
bad roads sad
bad leadership sad
religious grin
home(no whr like home) grin
ABOVE ALL,I SEE PROGRESS shocked
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 11, 2007
tribalism sad sad
goverment corruption cry cry cry
99.99% 419 cry cry
farm smiley smiley
village smiley
my grandma and family cheesy cheesy
polygamy sad sad
my home undecided smiley
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by britgirlee(f): 5:46pm On Nov 25, 2007
doyin13:

@britgirlee

You forgot Parking Attendants.

I guess they reckon Nigerians with their pugilistic accents and tone(u wan try Yorubas)
are highly suited for the job.

Na real wa sad

doyin 13

its the ghanains,,,,,car park attendents undecided
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by handsome2(m): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2007
what comes to mind is the picture of my Nija brothers in Laondon sweeping the gutters and the streets, the pictures of them in the cold working their arse off - the picture I see includes loads of them doing prosititution abroad - go to the major clubs in London and u will be sure to catch one Naija babe to take home for the night. So, fraud comes to mind, prostitution comes to mind - pride comes to mind - foolishness comes to mind. and many more.
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by britgirlee(f): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2007
@ sienna

my topic on adopted accents is in culture,  cheesy
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by SignorZax: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2007
Rome was not built in a day, so was London, New York, Tokyo and so on.
Nigeria has its challenges but in all, I know we will get there someday.
I pray that day comes quickly. Amen!
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by ifyalways(f): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2007
handsome_:

what comes to mind is the picture of my Nigeria brothers in Laondon sweeping the gutters and the streets, the pictures of them in the cold working their arse off - the picture I see includes loads of them doing prosititution abroad - go to the major clubs in London and u will be sure to catch one Naija babe to take home for the night. So, fraud comes to mind, prostitution comes to mind - pride comes to mind - foolishness comes to mind. and many more.
and i guess you dont want to be associated with them ?you dont even wud want to get close to them to see if there is a way to help .sometimes i wonder ooooooo lipsrsealed so this is want comes to ya mind when you think naija?hmmmmmmmn pity
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by handsome2(m): 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2007
ifyalways:

and i guess you don't want to be associated with them ?you don't even would want to get close to them to see if there is a way to help .sometimes i wonder ooooooo lipsrsealed so this is want comes to ya mind when you think naija?hmmmmmmmn pity

No - I am associated with everything Nigerian - I do not hate my country - I only hate the people that hate it and make it in bad light amongst the league of nations - no place like home.

@AlmondJoy -

Why not give them each a bullet to the head to get them out of the country if you hate the country that much?
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by diyobdw(f): 9:35am On Nov 26, 2007
Survivor!
enriched and diverse cultures
opportunities
Happy people
soccer
bad followers - poor leaders
Nature friendly environ- no major disasters
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by romeo(m): 2:00pm On Jan 13, 2008
tatenda:

drugs
witchcaft
poverty
fake miracle churches
ethnic violence

When i think south africa this is what comes to my mind:

Aids
raping of infants
car-jackers
ugly faces
HIV
Sex without condom
Assassins
most violent African country
Rape
Murder
Gated Communities
CESA
etc etc
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by romeo(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2008
Coal city
Hope
Love
Biafra
Do it All
Page
Coliseum
Filling station enugu
Polo park
Chicks
Suya
Point and kill
Heat
Harmattan
Roasted Maize
Boiled Maize
Paw Paw
Yam
Coco Yam
Nkwobi
Isi-ewu
Hustlers
Nepa
No Water
No Gas
Bad Roads
slow Internet ( it sucks)
Fuel
Nice Home
Nice ride
Family
My Unborn Children
School time jokes

it's endless but i still love naija any day
Re: When You Think "Nigeria" What Comes To Mind? by skipo87(m): 2:48pm On Jan 13, 2008
money, mummy, visa, suffering x 2ce

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Encounter With Odiaero / Krautchan International Image Bored Forum (african Posters Are Welcomed) / Why Are Nigerians So Gullible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.