Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,605 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience (22627 Views)

Nigerian Guy Shows His Cooking Skills: Says "Forget About The Big Boy Things" / Some Funny Cooking Practices Done By People / Share Your Funny Cooking Mistakes Here.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by liljboy(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2015
i. Just smiled and ans
red fried rice... lwkmdho nifeseun u no go kill me abeg
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by harffie(m): 9:02am On Mar 20, 2015
SisiNini:

No babe fit use u do shakara... grin
shakara for where When I was serving that attracted a lot of girls to my house.......after cds on friday......hmmm! Sweet
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by tomzman: 9:04am On Mar 20, 2015
Very funny thread. I don't remember making any serious cooking blunders. Just d normal salty food and watery pap/ custard.
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by joinnow: 9:06am On Mar 20, 2015
Do you know one married woman always peel an drop in maggi like that without squeezing it.the husband always end up picking it thinking it small particles of meat but unfortunately the husband will shout another maggi again. grin

3 Likes

Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Psalmwise(m): 9:18am On Mar 20, 2015
Even tho d tin bad ...ee go say e good so dat una no go feel bad
candygosh:

Lol that day u just need to see the expressions and he was like. It's not bad 4 an ekuru tho!

My moi moi has always been a disaster. Only once it came out fine.
When I was still in school, I peeled d beans n left and went to grind it. The mom was so busy n the dude did the grinding instead. When I got home the beans was so poor I could still see bean fragments in it. And the moi moi came out looking rough.
My roommate couldn't laugh. We just managed it cos of the tuna fish that was in it.
The shame was so much that day when the guys from d other room was laughing. One of the guys who was our close pal came and we offered it to him. He was about taking it out to eat in d room when we both shouted " tayo, abeg chop am 4 here" he just kept laughing but still ate it and said it was good. You know guys will eat anything.
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:23am On Mar 20, 2015
ORIENTNIGERIA:

Same here BeeBee, while younger, mum would always tell me to go to the kitchen while my younger sister watches tv. (in my mind, I was like..."what nonsense!" ). Along the line, I got to prepare any kind of meal to the extent of experimenting my own meal style. I remember being ordered by my mum to pound garlic for the first time in my life, that day was a living hell. what is this ? I asked myself. the smell was nasty. Today, I can almost not do without ginger to the extent that mum even complains. Any time I come from school on holidays, I cook for the house and I could always see the sense of accomplishment in my parents facial expression anytime they eat my food. As man dey grow, Mum would say "Son, you don't cook for me again , you seem to be lazy nowadays." and I say "Mum, am a man you know"
Truly, thanks to her. I taste some ladies food, close my eyes and swallow it like a bitter pill
u no lie at all, I could remember those dys in school when I normally cook 4my guy whenever his babe wants to visit. It's fun shaa though the guy don't wanna learn. But, come to think of it, it's like ur mum & my mum have sumtin in common. She do say atyms that I don't cook for her anymore that I'm now lazy but I do laugh becos she no no sey man don becum Prof.4 cookiology & Prof's for cookiology cook when their spirit tells them to cook. It's fun cooking ateeyu..

4 Likes

Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
u no lie at all, I could remember those dys in school when I normally cook 4my guy whenever his babe wants to visit. It's fun shaa though the guy don't wanna learn. But, come to think of it, it's like ur mum & my mum have sumtin in common. She do say atyms that I don't cook for her anymore that I'm now lazy but I do laugh becos she no no sey man don becum Prof.4 cookiology & Prof's for cookiology cook when their spirit tells them to cook. It's fun cooking ateeyu..
Really fun I must say, quite a coincidence between your mum and mine. mum would always be mum. I really get surprised when some young men cant even boil water. #teamcookingmen# cool
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by benethugochukwu(m): 9:35am On Mar 20, 2015
[/color][color=#550000]I started working in my father's resturant at the age of 9 now I dnt eat any girls food apart from my mother and sisters I wonder how I will do with my wife when I get married undecidedI started working in my father's resturant at the age of 9 now I dnt eat any girls food apart from my mother and sisters I wonder how I will do with my wife when I get married
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by olareed(m): 10:02am On Mar 20, 2015
candygosh:

Lol that day u just need to see the expressions and he was like. It's not bad 4 an ekuru tho!

My moi moi has always been a disaster. Only once it came out fine.
When I was still in school, I peeled d beans n left and went to grind it. The mom was so busy n the dude did the grinding instead. When I got home the beans was so poor I could still see bean fragments in it. And the moi moi came out looking rough.
My roommate couldn't laugh. We just managed it cos of the tuna fish that was in it.
The shame was so much that day when the guys from d other room was laughing. One of the guys who was our close pal came and we offered it to him. He was about taking it out to eat in d room when we both shouted " tayo, abeg chop am 4 here" he just kept laughing but still ate it and said it was good. You know guys will eat anything.
eat anything ke..he just didn't want u to feel rejected with ur "beans and moi-moi"....
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Emmanueledu(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2015
I remember those days in school,I was at my neighbour's room and he said he wanted to make custard and asked if I was interested I said yes!he entered his kitchen and after some time he came out with a bowl of custard that looked so rough with seeds!I was so curious and asked how he prepared it?I couldn't believe my ears when he told me he poured hot water into the raw custard without mixing it with cold water first!I laughed that day that my ribs kept hurting all day.....
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2015
ORIENTNIGERIA:

Really fun I must say, quite a coincidence between your mum and mine. mum would always be mum. I really get surprised when some young men cant even boil water. #teamcookingmen# cool
atelsu. My guy that don't know how kitchen looks, after peeling yam 1 day asked me "Shey Makai Transfer The Yam Inside Pot Then On Top Stove. He no add water oh, guy I laf dat day taya. E no funny oh. #teamcookingmen#
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 20, 2015
finestiyke:
I remember one time like that, in the early 90s, an aunt of mine said she wanted to prepare a special delicacy for the Family.

She bought wheat seeds from the market and said she was gonna COOK wheat for us

Long and short of the story was that 4 hours after she began the cooking, and after filling the stove 2 different times with Kerosene, the Wheat appeared even stronger that it was before she even started cooking it.

Twas later in the day she realized that Wheat seeds are not cooked, but ground.

That was serious "Cooking Practicals"

They ear wheat grains like rice

Maybe the type that she purchased was not the one meant for boiling
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2015
homesteady:
lmao! funny stories! gringrin let me remember some of mine -

I know how to bake normal cakes, but I wanted to try sponge cake! After going through all the procedures. ................
When my cake came out, it was so stiff and dry gringrin it seems maybe because i forgot to put baking powder or maybe I put too much flour,
I quickly threw the cake away oh gringrin

My dad bought this already packaged Sliced irish potatoes, so I wanted to do experiment with it!
I decided to make jollof egg irish!
to cut the long story short, it tasted so awful, and the dust bin helped me to eat it!

cheesy
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by nickishire: 10:31am On Mar 20, 2015
the first time i wanted to fry akara, i added oil in the blended beans... i come dey wonder why the akara just flat for frying pan and no gree rise...
Na only me chop am

3 Likes

Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by aceswagg: 10:57am On Mar 20, 2015
zeburudaya:
When i am still was a bachelor in 1968, I prepare a rice with sugar and milk among the ingredients to impress my visiting girlfriend. In the conclusion ending, i ate alone and she was look me with contempt
The origin of rice krispies grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by jobsat34(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2015
SisiNini:

Really? That's so rare... #smiles

laziness stops me from cooking.. but i do cook whenever i feel like.. funny enough, the only soup i cant prepare is okro (reason being that we dont eat it in our family) .. people says its the easiest..

i can proudly say i cook better than some ladies out there.. just that laziness wont let me be.. grin grin grin
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by jobsat34(m): 11:49am On Mar 20, 2015
nickishire:
the first time i wanted to fry akara, i added oil in the blended beans... i come dey wonder why the akara just flat for frying pan and no gree rise...
Na only me chop am

maybe becos yu add excess oil.. while the blended beans also became too light...
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by finestiyke(m): 12:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
Justfollowit:

They ear wheat grains like rice

Maybe the type that she purchased was not the one meant for boiling

Dunno there are different species, but the one she cooked got harder with boiling
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Imoy(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
candygosh:
I remember preparing moi moi once 4 my bf from home to take to him.

After gathering ingredients ( fish , crayfish, egg and all). I made a silly mistake. Didn't add groundnut oil to the blended mixture.
The moi moi came out good oh but u could still tell it had no oil. He just said pls stop saying you prepared moi moi it's ekuru. I wondered what that meant.

Funny I tried to warm it again and was so busy I forgot n d water dried and the plate started shrinking.

Wow! U sounded like my then girlfriend (now my wife).

I had similar experience with her.

And to aggravate matters her nickname is candy.

But una no look alike sha, after checking ur Dp.

Nice picture anyway.
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by oluwanoni: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
Omo e plenty ooo,

There was one time my mumsi told me to cook ogbono, i told her i was busy that am a guy, na so i instruct my sister,

To cut it short, she just poured water and palmoil straight into ogbono, see gbege, the soup was watery and looked nothin like ogbono, when she called me she was crying, i couldnt help but laugh my head out, but i later taught her.

Another incident was ogi i.e pap, no matter how much i mixed it, the koko was much ehn, and mumsi wasnt around, my pops had to take it like dat, i could hear him grumbling...

I later found out i had to mix it before pouring the hot water..
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by nifeseun(f): 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2015
liljboy:
i. Just smiled and ans
red fried rice... lwkmdho nifeseun u no go kill me abeg

Abi naa, wetin i for say.
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by chubbypearl(f): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
oseiwe:
I have cooking blunders in abundance, I can't remember when I cooked last. I eat when I get to work and before I get home at night.
I once put full tin tomatoes in spag, it turned black and bitter, no idea why. I once burnt a pot of beans twice, while the ultimate was leaving pot on fire and leaving for work, na only my parlour survive the fire, since then, I never cook again.
Lmao
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by chubbypearl(f): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2015
Andrew3:
Came back from the office and the only thing i felt like eating was 'Goat intestine Pepper soup' grin
With no one to prepare it for me, I said wetin, the breast dem dey use cook? Dived into the market
and bought some goat intestine. Washing took me more than an hour because I am never satisfied
after seen a washed part. I started cooking. Added salt, maggi, onions, then my trouble started.
I opened the cupboard and found two bottles of cooking oil, u know the color naa, I quickly opened
One and emptied quarter of it in my pepper-soup with was already boiling. I kept asking my friend
in the room if he perceiving any aromas and his answer was always no angry

Finally I left the kitchen and went back to check and my whole pot was filled with foan. I thought
maybe I didn't wash it well. I went back to the room only to come out and see my longer throat friend
to take a full plate of the pepper soup explaining how hungry he is and patience is not one of his virtues.
In a few minutes he called and asked me if I washed with soup and I said no, he said there is a soapy smell.
I rushed into the kitchen, brought out my oil and behold, It was a dish washer angry I brought it out and called
my friend, what is this omo see heavy vomit as my answer. grin grin grin grin
This time...i really really laughed out loud
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by ethylene: 5:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
SisiNini:

Bros, no worry...

You are right...

Yes... Ali na u be that?
grin noooo dear, am Emeka. I heard Ali now drives for Dangote
I missed that your classic hair style. Will u still plait it? wink
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by pbs4real(m): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
SisiNini:

Bros, no worry...

You are right...

Yes... Ali na u be that?
u luk so innocent in ur dp,i bliv say nah ur old u be dt,cos u wey i knw nw dn change.
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
grin grin ;

I don laugh tire, so tey, tears dey comot for my eyes.

Na so una dey cook!!
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by SisiNini(f): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
pbs4real:
u luk so innocent in ur dp,i bliv say nah ur old u be dt,cos u wey i knw nw dn change.

Hahahahhahahahahhahahaha... Took d pix abt 4 months ago...
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by elantraceey(f): 9:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Emodeee:
Is dis nt ojoro?@elantraceey
it is o , I always knew this mods don't like me sad
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by pbs4real(m): 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2015
SisiNini:

Hahahahhahahahahhahahaha... Took d pix abt 4 months ago...
u luk lyk sum1 who cnt hurt a fly. .
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:55am On Mar 21, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
I can't remember over-peppering/salting a food before. But, will always say a very big "Thanks To Mumsie For Making Me Not To Depend On Any Woman To Prepare a Delicasy for me.. It's fun going into d kitchen to cook & it's lovely girls them saying, "You Are A Good Cook after tasting ur cookings. E dey tOtOri body aswear.. smiley smiley

That's because it's an impossibility - there's no such thing as "over-peppering". If you, or anyone else believes in that fallacy, they should understand that the flaw is with their tongue & taste buds. Not the pepper/spice smiley
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by SisiNini(f): 7:29am On Mar 21, 2015
ethylene:

grin noooo dear, am Emeka. I heard Ali now drives for Dangote
I missed that your classic hair style. Will u still plait it? wink

Emeka wey dey sell car spare parts...? Good to hear frm u... #Lol
Re: Funny Cooking Blunders; Share Your Experience by ethylene: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2015
SisiNini:

Emeka wey dey sell car spare parts...? Good to hear frm u... #Lol
grin how u dey ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Boil Beans Quicker / How I Made cheap Amala With Ila Asepo. Pics / Recipe For Chin Chin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.