Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,228 members, 7,957,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:18 PM

Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation (40253 Views)

Ameachi's Ministerial Confirmation: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts / Picture Of Amaechi After Ministerial Confirmation / Ezekwesili Condemns Obanikoro's Ministerial Screening, Fayose Congratulates Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
Better.√
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by Nobody: 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2015
You see yourself Koro, bad thing no good. Good name they say is better than gold. Associate yourself with GEJ and loose this attribute.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by patrickmuf(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
Guess the next we'll hear is Obanikoro threatens to sue the Nigerian Senate... lol
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by kayojosephy(m): 6:51pm On Feb 25, 2015
Running Nigeria like it's a family business not bordered abt d masses......

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by duwdu: 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
Gbawe:
I hope this is not the usual initial 'gra gra' from our legislators only to then see Koro confirmed in the end after some palms have been 'greased'. Nigeria needs to show the world it is not a completely insane nation run by shameless lunatics. It would be tragic for Nigeria, and a severe blow to our image, if Obanikoro ie eventually confirmed a Minister after the Ekitigate electing rigging tape scandal.

Our legislator , over an issue that is now in the universal public domain like the Chibok kidnapping, need to show the world their autonomy, decency and uprightness by standing up to a rogue President who now appears disinterested in toeing the path of honour and administrative morality.

Very well put, @Gbawe.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by dre11(m): 6:53pm On Feb 25, 2015
He shouldn't have being nominated in the first place

Is the President saying he can't find capable hands in SW to be elected for the ministerial post than obanikoro

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 25, 2015
Why is the president not taking the heat for his
involvement/knowledge in the Ekiti tape scandal?
Obanikoro mentioned his name several times and said he
was on a mission for the president, what mission is that?
Why did the president send the minister of defence to Ekiti
for elections?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 25, 2015
hazyfm1:
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

[size=18pt]HE SHOULD BE NOMINATED FOR AMBASSADOR OF CHAD REPUBLIC[/size]

Seconded.....lol!
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by mikolo80: 7:01pm On Feb 25, 2015
Gbawe:
I hope this is not the usual initial 'gra gra' from our legislators only to then see Koro confirmed in the end after some palms have been 'greased'. Nigeria needs to show the world it is not a completely insane nation run by shameless lunatics. It would be tragic for Nigeria, and a severe blow to our image, if Obanikoro ie eventually confirmed a Minister after the Ekitigate electing rigging tape scandal.

Our legislator , over an issue that is now in the universal public domain like the Chibok kidnapping, need to show the world their autonomy, decency and uprightness by standing up to a rogue President who now appears disinterested in toeing the path of honour and administrative morality.
it's called democracy unfortunately not meritocracy
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by clint77ng: 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2015
You guys always talk about this tape, but has failed to tell us what's in this tape. Tell me what Apc has posted online that is real and I will tell you about the transcorp interview picture and many more that are fake. Apc stop deceiving yourselves. You can't capture naija with lies.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by TheOtherview: 7:03pm On Feb 25, 2015
clint77ng:
You guys always talk about this tape, but has failed to tell us what's in this tape. Tell me what Apc has posted online that is real and I will tell you about the transcorp interview picture and many more that are fake. Apc stop deceiving yourselves. You can't capture naija with lies.

Presido hearing deaf and seeing blind since his last outing at a church grin I no fit laff.

"...Am not here for tea party, am on a special assignment by the President.” ~ Obanikoro
"...Then that Daramola (APC Fayemi Campaign Manager) I want him picked up in the morning!” ~ Obanikoro
Look here, you can’t get promotion without me sitting on top of your military council. If I am a happy man tomorrow night, the sky is your limit” ~ Obanikoro

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by ola6: 7:04pm On Feb 25, 2015
Bunch of jokers!!!
[size=14pt] HE WILL BE APPOINTED MINISTER BY NEXT WEEK.[/size] Watch this space!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by seunwen2(m): 7:05pm On Feb 25, 2015
[size=32pt]I forsee this, Bode George my two hands up oooo[/size]
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by ola6: 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
Gbawe:

SHUT THE FU%K UP! TW AT!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by danot1030: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
This is a victory for democracy. If we have institutions that protects our dignity as a nation even when the president is showing he lacks integrity, we can be sure of a safe society.
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by deletrue: 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2015
espn:
Bush meat don catch hunter. may he never get over dis.. No to criminals.. Gej start packing too.. d blood of those who died because of the way u took security of lives in Nigeria with levity will fight against u and d whole cabal who gained illegally under ur watch.
The blood of those killed are already killing Buhari, then will go after every other boko haram sponsors including you.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by GentleToks(m): 7:11pm On Feb 25, 2015
My observation since 1999

Has anyone notice that Yorubas on this thread/Nairaland or any other other forum are the one calling for Obanikoro's head?

Has anyone equally notice that Yorubas are not saying that Obanikoro is being punished cos he is a Yoruba man?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by giantstrides(m): 7:12pm On Feb 25, 2015
Montaque:
This is one area Gej has been falling my hand.
Patting criminals on the back.

If u call obanikoro a criminal, you can as well call the person who sent him a criminal. Have you even listened to the tape? He was doing someone's bidding in Ekiti.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by deletrue: 7:17pm On Feb 25, 2015
apc can waste time.koro will become minister shortly.
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by chibobo121: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2015
wat a big joke we hav for president

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by danot1030: 7:20pm On Feb 25, 2015
GentleToks:
My observation since 1999

Has anyone notice that Yorubas on this thread/Nairaland or any other other forum are the one calling for Obanikoro's head?

Has anyone equally notice that Yorubas are not saying that Obanikoro is being punished cos he is a Yoruba man?

that tells that the Yorubas don't path there sons on the back when he does evil just because he's a Yoruba man, that's the level of dignity the igbos cannot boast of.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by ola6: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
deletrue:
apc can waste time.koro will become minister shortly.

Just dey look them brother.

[size=14pt]THEY ARE WASTING THEIR TIME. TINUBU IS SO SCARED OF OBANIKORO IN THE SW[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by blackandbold: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
EdCure:
The Senate has proved its worth.

Why would Jonathan ever nominate someone with a heavily tainted record like Musiliu Obanikoro, if they want Nigerians tho believe that there are still men of integrity & credibility in the Nest of Killers (PDP)?

Gradually, the enemies of Nigeria are going into oblivion.
jonathan has been nominating and appointing people with criminal records in notable positions since time immemorial.....

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
miraclewonder:
Even though I'm a GEJ supporter, Mr President you fall my hand for this one. Even if you want to make him a minister, you would have@least waited for the dust to settle down before giving him a political appointment.
Good woman like you don't suppose to be in that party, come and join the team of change. You can never find solace in PDP.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by aresa: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
They say you are daft, corrupt and dumb and you still do and say everything to prove them right. This. clown is not smart obviously even with his useless advisers telling him the right thing to do,. he's still dumb and steewpid...

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by ola6: 7:23pm On Feb 25, 2015
danot1030:
that tells that the Yorubas don't path there sons on the back when he does evil just because he's a Yoruba man, that's the level of dignity the igbos cannot boast of.

Oh really?! What about the number one thief in Lagos State TINUBU-OLE?
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
ola6:

Just dey look them brother.

[size=14pt]THEY ARE WASTING THEIR TIME. TINUBU IS SO SCARED OF OBANIKORO IN THE SW[/size]
So this man was so powerful like this and still lost governorship primaries to jimi agbaje. I don't think you have sense.

6 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by mightycrown1(m): 7:30pm On Feb 25, 2015
ok what next
Re: Breaking News: Senate Stalls Obanikoro’s Ministerial Confirmation by sbioks1: 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2015
We can't continue like this; PDP supporters pls prove me wrong
By May 29 1999, we had 23 PDP governors, 6 AD, and 7 APP.
8 years after, this is their story:
(A) PDP (23 governors)
1. James lbori - PDP Delta - in prison for looting
2. DSP - Alamieseigha - PDP Bayelsa - Ex- convict for
looting
3. Lucky Igbinedion - PDP Edo - Ex-
convict for looting
4. Peter Odili - PDP Rivers -
In court for looting
5. Chimaroke Nnamani - PDP
Enugu - In court for looting
6. Ayo Fayose - PDP Ekiti - In court for looting
7. Rasheed Ladoja - PDP Oyo - In court for looting
8. Alao Akala - PDP Oyo - In court for looting
9. Gbenga Daniel - PDP Ogun - In court for looting
10. Ikenna Ohakim - PDP Imo - In court for looting
11. Adamu Muazu - Bauchi (current PDP National Chairman) - In court for looting over N19 Billion
from the state treasury
12. Joshua Dariye - PDP Plateau - In court for looting
13. Jolly Nyame - PDP Taraba - In court for looting the state
treasury
14. Abdulahi Adamu - PDP Nassarawa - In court for looting the state treasury
15. Boni Haruna - PDP Adamawa - (newly appointed minister by Jonathan) - In court for
looting the treasury
16. Saminu Turaki - Ex-gov.
PDP Jigawa - In court for looting the treasury
17. Orji Uzor Kalu - PDP Abia - In court for looting the treasury
18. Bode Gorge was also jail for looting ‪#‎ 82billion‬of NPA fund.
(B). AD / AC, 6 governors
None has ever been taken to court for treasury looting.
NOTE:- Tinubu of Lagos was
dragged to Code of Conduct Tribunal for having foreign accounts while in power against government policy of zero foreign account for
public officials. He was found not guilty because he had the accounts before his election to the
office of governor. Case dismissed.
(C) APP - (ANPP) 7 governors
1. Attahiru Baffarawa - APP
Sokoto - In court for looting (he is now in a PDP member)
2. Prince Abubakar Audu - ANPP Kogi - In court for looting.
You may add the two ex-national chairmen of PDP, Ahmadu Ali and Bamanga Tukukur whose sons are facing multi-billion naira oil subsidy fraud charges.
It's sad some senseless Nigeria still believe we do not need a change from this same PDP while they claim they can't see the difference btw APC n PDP. The difference btw them is like daylight to darkness.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Group Donates Campaign Vehicles To Obi's Presidential Campaign (Pictures) / Witnesses Absent As INEC Defence Of Tinubu’s Victory Starts On Shaky Note / Jonathan: Stella Oduah Hates Me Up Till Today For Sacking Her As Aviation Minist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.