Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,606 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician (12594 Views)

Ac Technician With Vacuum Pump / I Need A Good Car AC Technician / Toyota AC Button (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by lonelydora: 9:20pm On May 07, 2015
Learnt a lot here
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 11:02am On Aug 29, 2015
In other news, the same AC has been down for about 3 months now.
I don't want to return to the guy that worked on it earlier so I'm in the market for a new tech.
Recommendations are welcome please.
Current Issues observed:
1. I think there is a leak in the evap system, I remember hearing a hissing sound whenever I switch on the AC.
2. The AC wasn't as cold as when the guy 1st fixed it after changing the system
3. After all the freon eventually leaked, I noticed hot air come through the vent if I switch on the AC, I think the engine heat is getting into the AC system. I tested this on a cold day to confirm it wasn't jst the environmental temperature comin thru.

Finally, a lot of road noise gets in the cabin. What can be done about this. Do I need to install a KPOM sensor grin
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:14pm On Aug 29, 2015
You are still on this AC issue?

If in lagos contact me.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If in lagos contact me.

Ok boss, i'll contact you before coming, make I gada myself small.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by deife(m): 3:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If in lagos contact me.

Chief, I have a job for you. Can we chat via whatsapp?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2015
deife:

Chief, I have a job for you. Can we chat via whatsapp?

Been waiting.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Coldplay007(f): 6:33am On Sep 02, 2015
Gazzuzz! If you can help fix that AC, you got yourself a loyal customer in me forever...
Once your OEM AC compressor spoils, you are in trouble.
I don't believe any Naija AC technician is competent. Once they change your OEM compressor/condenser You either keep replacing compressors every three to six months or you keep re filling gas every 2-4 months...

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08am On Sep 02, 2015
Coldplay007:
Gazzuzz! If you can help fix that AC, you got yourself a loyal customer in me forever...
I don't believe any Naija AC technician is competent. Once they change your OEM compressor/condenser You either keep replacing compressors every three to six months or you keep re filling gas every 2-4 months...

All the parts of an A/C can be gotten OEM, might not be brandnew, but will work effectively. I recently restored a camry 2008 back to its factory ac settings, (compressor,condenser,a/C pipes, expansion valve) it was quite pricey, but owner got his monies worth. Had to replace the compressor 2wice before delivering the vehicle. Most times the problem is with fitting wrong parts or faulty parts, other times the a.c system is very dirty and damages the compressor/ blocks the expansion valve. Finally there's the problem of leaking parts, and I have my leak detectors to take care of that.

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If in lagos contact me.

Good day boss, will this thursday be ok for you?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
blackfm:
Good day boss, will this thursday be ok for you?
Did you eventually fix your AC permanently
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
No I haven't. I'm yet to visit Gazzuzz cause being finance
IyaIode:

Did you eventually fix your AC permanently
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
blackfm:
No I haven't. I'm yet to visit Gazzuzz cause being finance
Oh, OK
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by earthrealm(m): 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
Coldplay007:

this is sad but true, nd is caused by the following, jut that naija ac mechs n car owners dont understand...so they keep wasting money

1. when a compressor fails while in use, it usually generates small pieces of metal wch continue floating around in the system...the metal may even be microscopic...but it spells doom for any ac system...as it would work its way n block evaporator, condenser, expansion valve n then sometimes finds its way into the bearings or shaft of the new compressor and cause it to fail again... so the correct thing is to replace ur condenser & dryer assy whenever you hv compressor failure in a car....some peeps try the cheaper option of flushing, but this sometimes doesnt work...also buying a brand new compressor is better than the toks or 2nd hand compressor people buy....cos u dont know the history of the so called toks compressor u r buying

2. oil/lubrication: car ac system hv a specified vol of oil needed for the proper functioning of the system, too little or 2 much is very bad for the system...naija mechs no sabi that 1

3. proper qty of gas: every car has the proper weight of gas for the ac system...this info is usually pasted on the bonnet, usually rom 0.5kg to 0.85kg for systems with dual climate, allowance of about 100g is acceptable, but u n i know that our ac mechs dont do that...they simply fill till cold air starts coming out..........totally wrong...most times they under fill n the ac doesnt chill for more than 6wks b4 packing up again

4. vaccuming out air and moisture...these react with the oil to form a corrosive sludge which corrode ac components.
air doesnt hv good cooling properties, thus it needs to be vaccummed out b4 refilling the gas...but only 1 in 1 million naija ac mechs use or hv ever heard of a vAccum pump!!!.

i do my ac work myself, bought a vaccum pump and leak detector unit.......my ac is super now..n some of my pals

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by drtade: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

All the parts of an A/C can be gotten OEM, might not be brandnew, but will work effectively. I recently restored a camry 2008 back to its factory ac settings, (compressor,condenser,a/C pipes, expansion valve) it was quite pricey, but owner got his monies worth. Had to replace the compressor 2wice before delivering the vehicle. Most times the problem is with fitting wrong parts or faulty parts, other times the a.c system is very dirty and damages the compressor/ blocks the expansion valve. Finally there's the problem of leaking parts, and I have my leak detectors to take care of that.

Please how much is a camry 07 xle v6 compressor. Which is better to buy, brand new or toks?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by NwaTeacher1: 8:31am On Nov 27, 2015
Is it possible to repair a bursted compressor? My compressor bursted and i was told that i can be repair. A guy in Mgbuka Onitsha told me he will repair it with 6months guarrantee. But i'm still doubting the possibilities of this. Plz gurus in the house, is it possible?

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2015
I'm far from what you'll call a guru but I seriously question the wisdom in this "burst repair". I don't even understand how a compressor can "burst" when it's not a balloon or pipe . Any repair beyond plugging leaks or changing clutch on a compressor, I'm out. Better to replace
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

If in lagos contact me.

Oga boss, can I come in this weekend?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
blackfm:

Will not be in town.
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by praxisnetworks: 5:19am On Dec 09, 2015
blackfm:

Hmmm ....
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Will not be in town.
OK ill reschedule for January then
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by lumibambino: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2016
blackfm, please post the contacts of the a .c guy in ikotun. i want to visit him. Thank you
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by mayor2013: 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2016
lumibambino:
blackfm, please post the contacts of the a .c guy in ikotun. i want to visit him. Thank you

You can visit Multiautolab @ igando. We would fix your Ac . 08165520837 or 08156087872
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2016
+2348165017522 08184707668 Emma

lumibambino:
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by fortunejum: 10:51am On Mar 18, 2016
Any good technician here in Port Harcourt? I notice that my ac is not cooling well. People sitting at the back of the car cannot feel the ac when it is turn to high. Air coming out from vent is very weak even when I turn it to high position and I learn that 1999 toyota camry has no air filter. Pls help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by blackfm: 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2016
lumibambino:
Did you visit him yet? If yes, how did it work out?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by Eghosa1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
Any follow ups here?
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by ebrahym(m): 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
Nice thread, I learnt alot here..

Pls how much is Toyota highlander 2010 compressor
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by xyjoe(m): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
ebrahym:
Nice thread, I learnt alot here..

Pls how much is Toyota highlander 2010 compressor

#35k
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by franksam2009: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2019
earthrealm:

i do my ac work myself, bought a vaccum pump and leak detector unit.......my ac is super now..n some of my pals
bro are you in Lagos, baba help your guy with your vacuum pump pls
Re: Please Recommend A Good Toyota AC Technician by earthrealm(m): 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
franksam2009:
bro are you in Lagos, baba help your guy with your vacuum pump pls

Sry i no dey lagos, however
U fit try buy the pump from aliexpress, e no too cost

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It A Good Idea To Raise My Car Suspensions? / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / What Car Speed Can You Comfortably Maintain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.