Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! (2960 Views)

7 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Alway Overheats And How To Fix It / How A Bad Day With Your Blackberry Phone Looks Like / 5 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blackberry 10 Over Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 6:38am On Feb 26, 2015
Since November, there has been a rather random issue happening to a limited number of BlackBerry smartphones that when the device was manually restarted, all data is removed and it a blue LED is displayed during startup. At the time it started occurring, it was happening on developer builds or otherwise leaked builds of 10.3.1 but there was no resolution for it that worked for everyone.

With 10.3.1 now officially released, BlackBerry has updated their knowledge base to fully address the problem and issue a fix for those who might be experiencing it, which seems to be mostly Z10 and Q10 owners but is available to everyone as it does a hardware check to determine if it's needed for your device.

Overview

In some cases, when the BlackBerry 10 smartphone is manually restarted, all data is removed. A blue LED is displayed during the device start up. This manual restart may have been initiated by any of the following methods:

Choosing the option to Restart after pressing the Power button
Long press of the Power button
Removing and reinserting the battery
Resolution

Complete the following steps o n a computer running Windows:

Ensure the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software (BlackBerry Link / BlackBerry Blend) for Windows is installed. The latest version is available here: www.BlackBerry.com/Blend.
Connect the BlackBerry 10 device to the computer.
Wait for the device to be detected by the computer and for Windows to complete the driver installation.
Download and save the following ZIP file to the Desktop on the computer: BlackBerryFix.zip
Once downloaded, double-click the BlackBerryFix.zip file to open the ZIP file, then double-click the
When the BlackBerry Fix window displays, confirm that the PIN number for the BlackBerry 10 device is displayed and click Fix this phone.

1 Like

Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by Omolola1(f): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2015
Does this work?

I have the latest link on my laptop, but can't find the blackberry fix. How do I get it?
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 10:14am On Feb 26, 2015
Omolola1:
Does this work?

I have the latest link on my laptop, but can't find the blackberry fix. How do I get it?

yes it works
click on d BlackBerryFix.zip to download
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by voaplus(m): 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2015
Mine is not blue led, but immediately it I manually restart or pulling out battery, it will restart and wipe all data. Leaving it like security wipe
I tried the BlackBerry Fix but reply was fix is not applicable
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2015
voaplus:
Mine is not blue led, but immediately it I manually restart or pulling out battery, it will restart and wipe all data. Leaving it like security wipe
I tried the BlackBerry Fix but reply was fix is not applicable

which os and which device?
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by Omolola1(f): 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
reaky:

yes it works
click on d BlackBerryFix.zip to download

showed fix was successfuul but its still the same
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
Omolola1:

showed fix was successfuul but its still the same

which os did u tried to fix and on which device?
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by Omolola1(f): 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
reaky:

which os did u tried to fix and on which device?

And now it's saying fix not available for this device

The new official OS 10.3.1

Z10
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 9:16pm On Feb 26, 2015
Omolola1:

And now it's saying fix not available for this device

The new official OS 10.3.1

Z10

strange
I have fix q10
and z10 since this fix came out

exercise some patience
another fix and update will soon b released
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by Omolola1(f): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
reaky:

strange
I have fix q10
and z10 since this fix came out

exercise some patience
another fix and update will soon b released

Really?
And it worked?

Mine is still erasing the chats I have after the update and the pictures I took after the update
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by voaplus(m): 10:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
reaky:

which os and which device?
Z10 STL100-01 10.3.1.2243
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by Omolola1(f): 10:24pm On Feb 26, 2015
I think it's working now
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
Omolola1:
I think it's working now

enjoy
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by voaplus(m): 7:55am On Feb 27, 2015
BRAVO. It is now working, i had clicked fixed the phone unknowingly, i saw response to be successful but i clicked again and response was not applicable for this phone. I was expecting the fix to take some min. That was why i doubted it first. Funny life, just 8MB fix caused me to waste above 2G of data in the last few days, also made me to returned to 10.2 when a friend installed 10.3 leak in dec.
voaplus:

Z10 STL100-01 10.3.1.2243
Re: Having 'blue LED' Errors On Your Blackberry 10 Device? Here's How To Fix It! by reaky(m): 12:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
voaplus:
BRAVO. It is now working, i had clicked fixed the phone unknowingly, i saw response to be successful but i clicked again and response was not applicable for this phone. I was expecting the fix to take some min. That was why i doubted it first. Funny life, just 8MB fix caused me to waste above 2G of data in the last few days, also made me to returned to 10.2 when a friend installed 10.3 leak in dec.

Enjoy

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Vibe P1 Review / Man Shows iPhone Users How To Convert To iPhone 11 Without Spending Much / My Airtel Sim Card Stop Being Detected Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.