Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,368 members, 7,836,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly (725 Views)

I’ve Accepted My Removal In Good Faith - Ndume / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers / ‘jonathan Handlers Have Accepted Defeat In Kano’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by Misogynist2014(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2015
Former military President of Nigeria and Presidential aspirant of the All Progressive
Congress of Nigeria, General Muhammadu Buhari during a live telecast in Chatham
House, London of America, stated that he is a converted democrat and is ready to
accept responsibility for his past deeds.
Buhari whose past has been widely condemned and is being used against him in the
2015 election campaign by some analysts, has created fear in the minds of many as
they say he might repeat the same attitude when he gets to power.
It would be recalled that recently, his running mate, Pro. Yemi Osinbajo, was at the home
of son of late Afro-beat legend, Fela Kuti, Femi Kuti, to discuss and get his opinion on
certain things affecting the country and after the talks, Femi emphasized that he was not
ready to vote and was not in support of any political party.
While relaying the outcome of the meeting on his social media page, a question was
asked if the Prof. apologized for the maltreatment of the Kuti family during the military
era, Yeni responded that the Kutis were not in position to forgive except he goes to meet
their late father, Fela, to beg for forgiveness.
As the fear continues in the heart of some Nigerians,Nigeriafilms.com watched the
former military President solemnly accepting his past responsibilities in a worldwide
telecast stressing that he is a changed person who is out to make a difference for his
country.
In his words, “Permit me to close this discussion on a personal note. I have heard and
read references to me as a former dictator in many respected British newspapers
including the well regarded Economist. Let me say without sounding defensive that
dictatorship goes with military rule, though some might be less dictatorial than others. I
take responsibility for whatever happened under my watch.”
“I cannot change the past. But I can change the present and the future. So before you is
a former military ruler and a converted democrat who is ready to operate under
democratic norms and is subjecting himself to the rigours of democratic elections for
the fourth time,” he added.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.co/i-have-accepted-my-past-responsibilities-gmb-declares-publicly/
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by ellguapo: 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2015
Coupe de grace! Let jonah admit to his numeours atrocities too

The man never cease to give tanoids quality migraine

APC paid #amanpour
APC paid #ChathamHouse
You had the National treasury & unaudited NNPC accounts to use, why didn't you pay too?"

1 Like

Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by olisa4(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Dieser Raum ist nicht zu verkaufen

S
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by thaoriginator: 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
Ok Mr President, ride on until the wheels fall off
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by gen2briz(m): 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2015
See humility at his peak.
God bless GMB
God bless Nigeria.

GMB till further notice.

1 Like

Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by babs01(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
Thats d nature of a true man
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by VIPERVENOM(m): 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2015
My humble presido in waiting...meanwhile somewhere in ekiti........

2 Likes

Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by sammynash11(m): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
I forgive u cool
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by ChikezieU(m): 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2015
Oops, at this point in time. Too late for that
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by mumumugu(m): 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2015
Your sins are forgiven,go and sin no more
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by henryangelo: 4:06pm On Feb 26, 2015
We forgive you but we can't give you another chance so as to not expose you to the environment that might take you back to your past
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by CyberWolf: 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2015
Too late angry
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2015
That's what a true leader is all about.

God bless you our incoming President!
Re: I Have Accepted My Past Responsibilities, GMB Declares Publicly by godsamist: 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2015
Are the local and international politicians listening or taking records?...The house of assembly,senates,legislators,and the likes...
God in heaven knows how to balance equation very well..days are gone when we use to say the evil that men do lives after them,today it lives within them.
Tormenting,boomeranging and bamboozleing them.

(1) (Reply)

78.93% Of Pvcs Collected as at Friday 28th Feb– INEC / Please Pardon Me Ooo; Its Like Igbos Do Stupidity Meeting.. / I Am Under Pressure To Sell My PVC- Water Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.