Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

You Must Be Holy! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must Be Holy! (729 Views)

If We Are Holy, Why Does God Call Us To Be Holy? - Paul Ellis / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Be Holy In All Things, Jesus Comes Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Be Holy! by oneda(m): 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2015
WE MUST BE HOLY.

READER,
We must he holy on earth before we die, if we desire to go to heaven after death. If we hope to dwell with God for ever in the life to come, we must endeavour to be like Him in the life that now is. We must not only admire holiness, and wish for holiness: we must be holy.
Holiness cannot justify and save us: holiness cannot cover our iniquities, make satisfaction for transgressions, pay our debts to God. Our best works are no better than filthy rags, when tried by the light of God's law. The righteousness which Jesus Christ brought in must be our only confidence,—the blood of atonement our only hope. All this is perfectly true, and yet we must be holy.
We must be holy, because God in the Bible plainly commands it. "As He which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy" (1 Peter 1: 15, 16).
We must be holy, because this is one great end for which Christ came into the world. "He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again" (2 Cor. 5. 15).
We must be holy, because this is the only sound evidence that we have a saving faith in Christ. "Faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone." "As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2. 17, 26).
We must be holy, because this is the only proof that we love the Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. What can be more plain than our Lord's own words? "If ye love Me, keep my commandments." "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me." (John 14. 15, 21).
We must be holy, because this is the only sound evidence that we are God's children. "As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." "Whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God" (Rom. 8. 14; I John 3. 10).
Lastly, we must be holy, because without holiness on earth we should never be prepared and meet for heaven. It is written of the heavenly glory, "There shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie" (Rev. 21. 27). St. Paul says expressly, "Without holiness no man shall see the Lord" (Heb. 12. 14).
Ah, reader, the last text I have just quoted is very solemn. It ought to make you think. It was written by the hand of inspired man: it is not my private fancy. Its words are the words of the Bible: not of my own invention. God has said it, and God will stand to it: "Without holiness no man shall see the Lord.

Extract from J. C Ryle tract WE MUST BE HOLY

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Holy! by johnw74: 1:36am On Feb 27, 2015
How are we to be Holy?

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Are you living the same old life?

We are Holy if we put to death our old sinful ways, and live according to God's Word.

Some preach that we don't have to do anything other than believe,
but even the devils believe.

We have to follow the leadings of God's Spirit,
if you are not experincing a conscience against wrong behaviour,
then you do not have the Holy Spirit residing in you,

Sincerely ask God in the quiteness of your mind to forgive you all your sins
and lead you into a life pleasing to Him.

Eternity is forever, how you spend it is very important, prepare now.

1 Like

Re: You Must Be Holy! by johnw74: 1:56am On Mar 01, 2015
God knew who the saved would be even before creation,
and He determined that they become the image of Jesus.

At some point in their lives He leads them to come to Christ,
and they become justifies by the workings of His Holy Spirit in them.

When Jesus appears they will be glorified and caught up to christ in the clouds in the air, and will evermore be with Him.

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Rom 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Re: You Must Be Holy! by AmunRaOlodumare: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2015
Here's what Jesus himself said about his mission:

"I Was Sent ONLY To The Lost Sheep Of Israel" - Jesus

Matthew 15:24

(1) (Reply)

Our Churches Are Lying To Us. / The Inner Peace Of God That Tracends Human Comprehension / Four Essential Qualities Of A Committed Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.