Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni (838 Views)

Police Should Stop Chasing Yahoo Boys - Lagos State Commissioner Of Police / Confess Your Sins, Senior Advocates Tell Corrupt Nigerian Judges, Lawyers / EXPOSE: ASO ROCK Under Evil Spirit - J-berger's Staff, Others Confess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by talktimi(m): 3:37am On Feb 27, 2015
The father of Aliu Oladeni, the 17-year-old teenager said to have been detained by the Igando Police Division for more than eight months, has pleaded with the police to tell him if they have killed his son so he could accept his fate.

Sixty-four-year-old Sunday Oladeni, on Thursday said he had become bankrupt because the police had continued to collect money from him with the promise of releasing his son, adding that he had also not stopped borrowing with the hope his son would return alive.

PUNCH Metro had reported on Wednesday that Aliu was taken to the Igando Police Division by his family, after a mob thronged their residence.

The mob had arrested a robbery suspect, Rasak, who reportedly mentioned his name as one of his accomplices in the operation.

Our correspondent reported that the police took custody of the 17-year-old and allegedly demanded money from the parents for his bail.

The former Igando Divisional Police Officer, CSP Benjamin Osuji, was alleged to have collected over N160, 000 from the family through one Mr. Charles, who introduced the family to him.

It was reported that eight months after, the Oladeni family had not been told where the teenager was and efforts by the family to find him had proved abortive.

Aliu’s father, Sunday, said, “The police have yet to get in touch with me. I am afraid that they may have killed my son, and if so, they should let me know instead of all the trouble I have been going through.

“The police have collected so much money from me and I am fed up. One asked for N50,000 recently and I had to beg him to take N35,000.

“I have borrowed over N230, 000 on this case. I am in a lot of debt as we speak and I am fed up with life.”

He appealed to well meaning Nigerians to help him mount pressure on the authorities to come out and explain what had happened to his child.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State, Kenneth Nwosu, had yet to reply to a text message sent to him on the matter.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-should-confess-if-theyve-killed-my-son/

2 Shares

Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by tunwumi: 4:03am On Feb 27, 2015
This is the face of criminals enforcing laws in Nigeria.
They are expert at making the criminal not guilty and the accuser/concern guilty.
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by Redoil: 4:34am On Feb 27, 2015
I strongly believe that the son might be dead maybe from excessive touture from the police to force him to confess his previous involvement in crime.
This goes a long way to show that crime does not pay and the leaders of lagos e.g tinubu and fashola should stop stealing the collective wealth of the people so that their will be enough to go round.
Gej is an apprentice compare to tinubu when it comes to corruption.

1 Like

Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by talktimi(m): 4:52am On Feb 27, 2015
Please mods I would like you to move this to front page, the life of a young man is at stake here and there are people who might be able to pull one or two strings for the family.

Seun, Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by GboyegaD(m): 4:56am On Feb 27, 2015
The father waited for too long. I don't know why he kept paying without at least seeing the don to be sure ask was well with him.
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by babadee1(m): 5:06am On Feb 27, 2015
These things happen every day in Nigeria under a so-called civilian democracy. How are the civil rights of the ordinary citizen better protected under GEJ than under any brutal military dictatorship?
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by talktimi(m): 5:27am On Feb 27, 2015
@GboyegaD its too late to cry over spilt milk, what is needed now is a solution to the problem or advice on what can be done.

@babadee the issue of SARS and their extra judicial killings has been going on in Nigeria long before democracy took a strong hold in 1999. It's not a new thing and I pray neither you or your loved ones ever have to experience those people even by mistake. How does the boy's parents get help or information about their sons status ?
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by treasurewale(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2017
Mod pls kindly move this to front page again...The mother of aliu oladeni is dead last week due to hypertension of not knowing whereabout of his son aliu oladeni...they are my family friend..pls help
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by Neddstark: 6:44am On Jul 27, 2017
So the police used a robbery suspect to rob the suspect's family of over 230,000? How sickening
Re: Police Should Confess If They've Killed Aliu Oladeni by talktimi(m): 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2017
treasurewale:
Mod pls kindly move this to front page again...The mother of aliu oladeni is dead last week due to hypertension of not knowing whereabout of his son aliu oladeni...they are my family friend..pls help
I've not been online for long, are you serious about this ? So sad

(1) (Reply)

PDP Plotting To Assassinate Buhari – Group / ISIS Recruiting Nigerian Students Abroad – FG / My Personal Fear Over Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.