Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,358 members, 7,819,286 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? (1442 Views)

Should I Quit My Job And Pursue My Passion? / My Boss Asked Me To Go Back To School. Before I Slip Into Depression, Help Me. / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by LEAFLET(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2015
Hello people, I have this issue that is being bothering me for the past few months and I am seriously confused and torn between two options... I am the only son from a family of two and sometimes last year I was expelled from a private university for a very stupid reason.. This happened last year July and the worst part of the matter is that I was just coming back from a one year suspension which didn't help my case at all... That already said I decided to enter the street and not let any body from my family know because I figured my dad might die of hbp so I took my destiny into my hand and started hustling.. A very good friend of mine took me into his wings, he is also a nairalander but I won't call his name.. He showed me the way and I put in extra effort and sleep became my enemy for six months I gave my life to work and eventually it paid off.. Now the problem is that my hustle paid off in a magnificent way to everybody's surprise and I can now afford to go to any school I want but I keep thinking about my first love which is music and I can't stop thinking of takin it serious because people marvel anytime I rap and recently I worn a freestyle competion here and the emcee jokingly told me that I could be the next big thing.. Now I have more than enough money to blow, but on the other hand something is also telling me not to give up on school just now.. I did my international passport because there is a school in Cotonou that are running straight summer which lasts for just two years and six month which people are advising me to go.. My question now is:: should I just maybe buy like two plots of land, maybe fix deposit some amount and than go to benne with the rest and start school all over or should I just forget about school, rent a house, buy a car and pursue my love after all school doesn't necessary mean one is going to make it.. Help me people because I am greatly confused...
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by medoyin(m): 12:49pm On Feb 27, 2015
Go back to school my brother. You never can tell what tomorrow has in stock for you, it may be good or bad though, no on prays for bad things but it does happen.

I wish Olamide, Wizkid or Davido were to be on this forum, they willl knock your head and tell you straight into your eyes, go back to school like EZE who is now a philanthropist.

Education is what you will rely on incase things fall apart which I don't hope or pray for you.

There is no late cormer in making money. You can also continue your music on a lowkey in school but don't let fame or money get into your head..#my $1
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by LEAFLET(m): 1:32pm On Feb 27, 2015
Thanks brov....I appreciate!!
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by romzyxy(m): 1:47pm On Feb 27, 2015
IN WOLE SOYINKA VOICE. GO BCK TO SCHOOL SON.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by Mcslize: 3:50pm On Feb 28, 2015
Go ack to school Homie. But don't abandon ur musical career. Once u are done with ur schooling u can then pursue ur musical career full time. In school try and still run some free style shows.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by Nobody: 6:24am On Mar 02, 2015
Props to your friend for standing by you and giving you a chance when you needed it the most.

That said, education is important. Don't just neglect it because you're doing okay now without it; it's always good to have a plan B to fall back on. Besides, no knowledge is wasted. Go back to school and study something with good job prospects or something you can incorporate into your music career. Just make sure you don't get expelled or suspended again. This time around, you must focus; don't hang out with the wrong crowd, don't break any rules, etc.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by LEAFLET(m): 2:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
Thanks everybody... I am just at the crossroad...
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2015
The street is the best school you can ever attend, but if you are not careful bro, it will eat you up.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by LEAFLET(m): 3:31pm On Mar 02, 2015
Tydies:
The street is the best school you can ever attend, but if you are not careful bro, it will eat you up.
. What you mean bro??
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by LEAFLET(m): 3:35pm On Mar 02, 2015
Yields:
Props to your friend for standing by you and giving you a chance when you needed it the most.
That said, education is important. Don't just neglect it because you're doing okay now without it; it's always good to have a plan B to fall back on. Besides, no knowledge is wasted. Go back to school and study something with good job prospects or something you can incorporate into your music career. Just make sure you don't get expelled or suspended again. This time around, you must focus; don't hang out with the wrong crowd, don't break any rules, etc.
thanks but I really don't want a situation where I will drop out mid way..
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 02, 2015
LEAFLET:
thanks but I really don't want a situation where I will drop out mid way..
Why in the world would you drop out mid-way?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 02, 2015
I have no nothing against going to sch but trust Your certificate gives you fake confidence as it makes you to believe so much in the power of your Certificate instead of making you to work harder. Mind you, you dnt go to school to be Employed, you go to school to be learned..

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by Evina(f): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2015
It is only in Nigeria that you see young people chase after quick wealth and so called dreams at the expense of good education.

In developed countries, successful entertainers with ALL the money they have no use for, encourage their children to have dreams but insist that they have an education.

Please op: don't waste your youth! You will regret all the wasted years and time, when you look back.
Re: Should I Go Back To School Or Pursue My Music Dream?? by LEAFLET(m): 2:32pm On Mar 04, 2015
Evina:
It is only in Nigeria that you see young people chase after quick wealth and so called dreams at the expense of good education.

In developed countries, successful entertainers with ALL the money they have no use for, encourage their children to have dreams but insist that they have an education.

Please op: don't waste your youth! You will regret all the wasted years and time, when you look back.
do you know that a lot of youths this days are being laid back by their reliance in that paper they are in possession of What else do I wanna still learn in school??

(1) (Reply)

Vacancies! Vacancies!! And Vacancies!!!. / Page Financials Loan For Salary Earners / Flourmill Nigeria Plc (sales Officer Cbt/driving Test)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.