Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design (21891 Views)

I Need Some Logos Created / Screenshot: Caption This Creativity / Nairaland Free Logos Design Promotion By Awoofawo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Nobody: 9:01pm On Feb 27, 2015
Pls what this?
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by GreatOlu1: 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
All nice, am nt a graphics designer bt nid to appreciate others work..
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by papiodion(m): 9:02pm On Feb 27, 2015
All the designs are too busy. Work with the principle of 'less is mor'. Cheers.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by dabigwalls: 9:09pm On Feb 27, 2015
This is not simple. And so not cool for me. I'm sure that you can do better. Yur colour blend is not appealing and you could do with solidifying your characters.

I'm sure that you can do better. PM me for biz.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by yusufu16: 9:13pm On Feb 27, 2015
Awoofawo:
grin

These logos are not telling me anything. Logos are best when they kept simple. The most iconic logos are simple, e.g. Microsoft, facebook, amazon, he, dell, etc. I agree with @Erad, Op you need to do research before any project

1 Like

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by ochiosa(m): 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
felixchip:

You see am?
Anyway, Erad don talk am but e take idea carry grammar smoothen am.

Make I translate Erad comment for Pigin:
"I don't see any simplicity" Na I'm. be say everything na scatter scatter.

"Can't even seem to pick any particular design" This one na say e no see anything, meaning say everything wey you post na rubbish.

"I Can't see any direction" This one mean say you don miss road, no be design you finally do. Say e resemble mechanic work.

Bro, na me talk am?
Why you dey vex for me?
'Cause I dey advice you?
. This is no advice bro.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by 100Cents: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2015
Crap
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by kingolaola: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2015
You are good at designs. But not in Logo. Simplicity is one of the attributes of a good logo. At most 2 colours In most cases a colour. check Apple, Julius Berger, Gtb, and many big names. Most them have just a colour. They are also very simple to study. I am not A logo designer but that is what I have studied and they are confirm
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by overboard(m): 9:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
@Awoofawo

You know what?

Take the guy that advised you research for inspiration's advise.

Also, your designs are complex, a bit too abstract making them hard on the eye. I could barely 'read' through your creations.

You will need to unlearn whatever you know (that is, if you learned it) and approach logo designs in a fresh, more organic way.

Also bear in mind that ease of duplication for an insignia is important for most logo designs.

I also noticed your font choices are poor. The fonts needn't be exotic to work but be readable and be at par with brand essence. Comic Sans for instance, has no business in corporate communication except for other special and deliberate reasons.

Colour diversity is good if it aligns with brand; I noticed you were overly green-friendly - the land is truly green. LOL.

In brand manuals (google that), you will learn that spacing for legibility is important. All elements will likely be required to 'breathe' well and cluttering is avoided.

Some of the best logo are super simple, some are complex but leave an impression, a good one.

Logos don't always have to say something per se, but they usually do or are required to. You'll be shocked at the meaning of colours and elements in some of the best known logos.

Don't worry. Your zeal will see you through once you are open to learning. If you can, get training that is, if you haven't; it's not a compulsory factor though.

One thing you can do is study extensively, tonnes of logo designs, better to be the well known ones or successful but diverse types... it is a science of sort, believe me. I'm into brand design but not a graphics pro.

Please, true graphic pros in the house (I've had a business deal with one but can't remember the name), come in.

God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by ghostofsparta(m): 9:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
One of these interesting topics might fancy your interest

To understand how a child begotten through the mating of a husband and wife still manages to capture the resemblance of an outsider, click PARANORMAL or SCIENCE:MATERNAL IMPRINTING where a rational possibility is examined, following up on Nelly's 99.3 Nigeria Info Friday radio talk show 'Paranormal or Science'

Apart from religious reasons why do Nigerians pretend so much about sex, click Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? following up on MzMyColi poser on the burning question.

To get some clarity on the confusion as to why the deistic force of retribution and justice known as ṢANGÓ is generally misunderstood, click ṢANGÓ-ONE OF THE 401 MISPERCEIVED ÍRUNMO̩LẸ to read on how the misperception is rationalized.

To read about the new Intel's low-energy Core M processor, click PROCESSOR OF CONFUSION to read on how this relatively new chip oppresses some of its predecessors.

Who is to blame immediately a budding relationship start heading south? Find out by clicking THE RELATIONSHIP BLAME GAME: THE ABUSE, THE ABUSED & THE ABUSER to see if you agree or not with the arguments.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by foxychev(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Nice designs, i must commend your graphic skills.
Looking at your designs in other to read your mind, you display traits of a fine artist, or an architect.
but those are far too complex for real business logos. Include fewer elements in your designs than what you have here.
Some tips:
Every element present in your logo MUST depict something about the business. Do not include any element because it looks fitting to your design.
Learn a little about symbolism, it is very important.
You can have specific naturally existing objects in mind, e.g. you can represent a mountain with a triangle, the sun with a circle (no need for serrated edges), the moon with an arc, and so on.
Apart from your enclosing shape (e.g. a square or a circle), do not have more than 2 or 3 other lines or curves within your design. For instance, there are too many lines in that last logo.
A viewer should be able to remember all the details in your logo when they close their eyes.

Those are not standards. Disclaimer! Use the tips at your own risk!
But you will really find them helpful. Try another set of logos based on those ideas and show us again, the comments should be different.

2 Likes

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2015
Awoofawo:
grin
Sorry OP. But it looks terrible. You need to be a lil moore creative here. How come I'm seeing a lot of green.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by GBAGAAUN(m): 10:37pm On Feb 27, 2015
Logo ko logo ni, olodo ni e undecided
Oloshi
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by stephan001: 10:54pm On Feb 27, 2015
The golden rule for logos is simplicity, uniquenes and probably it's ability to express an organization's vision. Great effort OP but greater imagination is also needed.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by ddaammyy(f): 11:24pm On Feb 27, 2015
Awoofawo:
grin
you go make am. Though I dnt know a thing about this but am optimistic u will grow.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Codyt(m): 11:56pm On Feb 27, 2015
There's no reason to lay curses or throw abusive comments on this poster. He did a right thing by trying to share with you all what if feels and how you guys might wanna contribute to make him an expert. I can't see any authentic comment on here. Am a branding expert and I must say it takes persistence and detailed research to solve problems with logo designs. My advice for you Op is not to relent on what you have started. With time you get to perceive things subconsciously and improve tremendously. Your efforts are commendable. Never relent. You will be the best soonest.

1 Like

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Canme4u(m): 12:05am On Feb 28, 2015
Nice 1 Op.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by danielicon(m): 12:09am On Feb 28, 2015
Awoofawo:
grin
it has too much details
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by AdeMoss: 3:10am On Feb 28, 2015
The logos are downright amateur. If I need to take out time to read the name then it's not eye catching. Moreover, major brands prefer the logo being the name. Example, BlackBerry, Apple, Coca-cola, Nokia, Adidas, HP, Kellogg's, even our own AIT, Channels TV...so all those "designs" you added distracts.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by whisp3r(m): 6:16am On Feb 28, 2015
OP those logos are quite terrible, looks like you just started learning graphics. You need to try harder or just drop graphics
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by dazekid(m): 6:27am On Feb 28, 2015
Op, it is obvious you are just using some propreitory software with a lot of templates. You have not designed anything, you have simply merged ready made templates, added text and changed colors.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Awoofawo(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2015
overboard:
@Awoofawo

You know what?

Take the guy that advised you research for inspiration's advise.

Also, your designs are complex, a bit too abstract making them hard on the eye. I could barely 'read' through your creations.

You will need to unlearn whatever you know (that is, if you learned it) and approach logo designs in a fresh, more organic way.

Also bear in mind that ease of duplication for an insignia is important for most logo designs.

I also noticed your font choices are poor. The fonts needn't be exotic to work but be readable and be at par with brand essence. Comic Sans for instance, has no business in corporate communication except for other special and deliberate reasons.

Colour diversity is good if it aligns with brand; I noticed you were overly green-friendly - the land is truly green. LOL.

In brand manuals (google that), you will learn that spacing for legibility is important. All elements will likely be required to 'breathe' well and cluttering is avoided.

Some of the best logo are super simple, some are complex but leave an impression, a good one.

Logos don't always have to say something per se, but they usually do or are required to. You'll be shocked at the meaning of colours and elements in some of the best known logos.

Don't worry. Your zeal will see you through once you are open to learning. If you can, get training that is, if you haven't; it's not a compulsory factor though.

One thing you can do is study extensively, tonnes of logo designs, better to be the well known ones or successful but diverse types... it is a science of sort, believe me. I'm into brand design but not a graphics pro.

Please, true graphic pros in the house (I've had a business deal with one but can't remember the name), come in.

God bless.

Thanks for taking the out to rate them!

Felixchip could learn one or two things from you... Encourage; not discouraging in the way to build people just starting out! You can read his post about cursing me that: he no go better for.......that comes out a bit harsh. Thanks again...
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Awoofawo(m): 7:55am On Feb 28, 2015
kingolaola:
You are good at designs. But not in Logo. Simplicity is one of the attributes of a good logo. At most 2 colours In most cases a colour. check Apple, Julius Berger, Gtb, and many big names. Most them have just a colour. They are also very simple to study. I am not A logo designer but that is what I have studied and they are confirm

Am actually into textile designing but want to take up logo and the like... Agreed there lots of room for improvement and I need to learn more, that's why I put my work here for rating from the gurus in the forum. Constructive criticism would made other aspiring designers come out and have their work rate to know where to put more efforts. Thanks appreciate your comment.
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Awoofawo(m): 7:57am On Feb 28, 2015
Codyt:
There's no reason to lay curses or throw abusive comments on this poster. He did a right thing by trying to share with you all what if feels and how you guys might wanna contribute to make him an expert. I can't see any authentic comment on here. Am a branding expert and I must say it takes persistence and detailed research to solve problems with logo designs. My advice for you Op is not to relent on what you have started. With time you get to perceive things subconsciously and improve tremendously. Your efforts are commendable. Never relent. You will be the best soonest.

Thanks for the positive contribution. I appreciate your doing so...
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Awoofawo(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2015
foxychev:
Nice designs, i must commend your graphic skills.
Looking at your designs in other to read your mind, you display traits of a fine artist, or an architect.
but those are far too complex for real business logos. Include fewer elements in your designs than what you have here.
Some tips:
Every element present in your logo MUST depict something about the business. Do not include any element because it looks fitting to your design.
Learn a little about symbolism, it is very important.
You can have specific naturally existing objects in mind, e.g. you can represent a mountain with a triangle, the sun with a circle (no need for serrated edges), the moon with an arc, and so on.
Apart from your enclosing shape (e.g. a square or a circle), do not have more than 2 or 3 other lines or curves within your design. For instance, there are too many lines in that last logo.
A viewer should be able to remember all the details in your logo when they close their eyes.

Those are not standards. Disclaimer! Use the tips at your own risk!
But you will really find them helpful. Try another set of logos based on those ideas and show us again, the comments should be different.

Love you insight about design. We do as you advised. Thanks sir!
Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Awoofawo(m): 10:35am On Feb 28, 2015
cool

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by Chartey(m): 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2015
Please what do you think?

Re: Graphic Gurus: Rate This Screenshot Of Some Logos Design by feelme3(m): 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello Graphic gurus,

Please can anyone recommend very good centers one can train on Graphics designing at a reasonable fee? I am based in Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k / Kanyeyachukwu Tagbo-Okeke Receives Flame Of Peace Award In Viena Austria (Photos / 5 Easy Ways To Tell If A Photo Has Been Photoshopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.