Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation (2643 Views)

Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Dasuki And Olisah Metuh's Appearance In Court - The Difference / APC Manifesto Not Quran Or Bible, It Can Change ---Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by alizenbohr: 1:51am On Feb 28, 2015
francizy:
Guys lemme give you the real development and the best area for our government or Buhari (of he wins) to invest if they actually wanna invest in indirect jobs creation.

How many graduates are we producing per year? Why will someone pay poor people 5k monthly when there are thousands of graduates pouring out of the university like waterfall?

Currently the aim of serving our fatherland is defeated yet nobody ever looks into that area, both GEJ and Buhari. Why don't they empower employees of NYSC, empower them with business management/planning/marketing/financial management skills or releave them off their duties and employ people with business backgrounds/qualifications to become NYSC workers.

Why did I say this? It's because we need to equip our corps members with business management, business planning/marketing/market analysis/financial management skills, afterwards, these corps members should be empowered with certain amount of money to help them start their own businesses.

Corps members should go for the 3 weeks camp, paid for one month and allowed to go to their states of choice to attend the Business trainings. After all these, then empower them and you will create wealthy people in the long run and our private sector will boom greatly.

This is my contribution.

Cc @DVanguard @doctokwus, @penisilin @OrlandoOwoh @Volksfuhrer @DelGardo

You have said well.

3 Likes

Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by frankaussie: 2:05am On Feb 28, 2015
Its funny when politician still thinks Nigerians are move buy this sweet coated and gratuitous, flamboyant n unrealizable promises the voice out at slightest opportunity given to them y would u feed the pupil rather than provide sources of income to their parents to make ends meet. Nigeria really need a re think or go back a million years backward. Seriously a drastic measure need to be taken by grass which suffers the unnecessary combat btw this two elephants. Un till then

1 Like

Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by francizy(m): 6:06am On Feb 28, 2015
frankaussie:
Its funny when politician still thinks Nigerians are move buy this sweet coated and gratuitous, flamboyant n unrealizable promises the voice out at slightest opportunity given to them y would u feed the pupil rather than provide sources of income to their parents to make ends meet. Nigeria really need a re think or go back a million years backward. Seriously a drastic measure need to be taken by grass which suffers the unnecessary combat btw this two elephants. Un till then

Exactly my area/point of reasoning. Thanks for your contribution and God bless.
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by francizy(m): 6:35am On Feb 28, 2015
DVanguard:

You failed to understand that there are lots that are unemployed compared to the employed. Yep, i did not argue the non payment of ministry staffs salary.
The question is about the source of fund to execute the said program of APC.
The source of fund i proposed can u fault it. Osun state is a subset of the FG. if the FG gets its source of revenue wrong it will affect all states including Osun. Paying of salary is one side to ministry workers/civil servants while creation of additional opportunity is another. The failure on the part of FG is the result of over 20 states unable to pay the workers salary.
it is not a feeding spree, u failed to look beyond the feeding. The scheme is holistic. It brings a big conglomerate of professionals. It encourages farmers to farm cos there is a ready market available for their
products. The extension officers that enlighten the farmers, the caterers that prepare the foods for the students, the health workers that certify the quality of foods etc. It creates a big web of workers with less amount. With the money spent and the people involved is more than a project of 500bn naira road construction with less than 50000 employed. The effect of the money from that program will influence the economy faster than the road construction. Am not saying road construction is not important.
Ajaokuta not working still falls within the failure of FG to get their priority right. A GMB who does not invest in power and ajaokuta is deceiving itself. cos without this two sector ur industrialisation is under threat. Stop mixing propaganda with facts. Lagos metro line was due to the condition of IMF. Remember IMF/WORLD BANK apologise to Indonesia for the advice of devaluation of currency. this were part of condition given to GMB which he refused. but he has to pay the outstanding debt.

I'd love to know, what's the propaganda I mixed with facts? Anyways, I don't agree with you on that project being economically more viable that infrastructural development. I will have to use power as an example now. If Nigeria can enjoy constant power supply, do you know that millions of businesses will benefit from it? Do you also know that many businesses such manufacturing companies, will spring up? Do you know that with the right amount of power supply and moderate electricity tariff that over 5 million jobs will be created?

The best part of all what I've talked about is that the jobs created will be tangible jobs. If you check this critically you will see that the effect of constant power generation will be felt by all sectors of the Nigerian economy and will also be felt by every Nigerian.

So, I don't still see the feeding a good way to create jobs and I'll call most of the jobs (since we call feeding of students job creation) intangible or indirect jobs. So my take on this is, if you wanna create indirect jobs, make use of our corps members, or create direct jobs by investing in power and every other sector of the economy.
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by francizy(m): 6:35am On Feb 28, 2015
alizenbohr:

You have said well.

Thank you
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by DVanguard: 7:06am On Feb 28, 2015
francizy:

I'd love to know, what's the propaganda I mixed with facts? Anyways, I don't agree with you on that project being economically more viable that infrastructural development. I will have to use power as an example now. If Nigeria can enjoy constant power supply, do you know that millions of businesses will benefit from it? Do you also know that many businesses such manufacturing companies, will spring up? Do you know that with the right amount of power supply and moderate electricity tariff that over 5 million jobs will be created?

The best part of all what I've talked about is that the jobs created will be tangible jobs. If you check this critically you will see that the effect of constant power generation will be felt by all sectors of the Nigerian economy and will also be felt by every Nigerian.

So, I don't still see the feeding a good way to create jobs and I'll call most of the jobs (since we call feeding of students job creation) intangible or indirect jobs. So my take on this is, if you wanna create indirect jobs, make use of our corps members, or create direct jobs by investing in power and every other sector of the economy.

You are missing the point. I only used Osun state sponsored program to give an analysis of how 1 million jobs can be created along side developing the agric sector and feeding the children. Listing the direct employment is 1 million how about the number of encouraged farmers to meet the demand of feeding 20 million children every day. Have you tot of the agriculture boast it will create, the availability of cheap food in the society cos farming is encourage on the bases of a ready market.
It like you just want to argue. I submitted that these is one of the numerous ways of generating jobs in Nigeria. But for immediate impact these is the one of the best. Your submission on other sector is correct and will also increase the chances of creating more jobs. Power can not impact a 1 million job immediate in 2015/2016, Power needs time and it is expensive.
To execute this project you only need 300 bn naira, which is exaggerated, you will have achieved a revolution in the agric sector, aviation sector, create at least a million job within a year and the price of food in the country will be relatively cheap. The social security index of the country will shoot up. Open your mind and see the advantage in the process. am not saying other sectors are not important but it is just one of the numerous opportunity to create jobs.
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by Kingspin(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2015
DVanguard:

Yes, Osun state have not been able to pay its workers because of the dwindling fund from the federation account. The crash in the crude oil price and the poor management of our resources by the present FG caused it. At least not only Osun state government is involved, over 20 states in Nigeria including PDP and APC states.
Thank God you did not fault the job creation exercise.
The conclusion of my write up explains that with strict measures and zero tolerance for corruption with the dwindling price of crude oil in the world market, Nigeria can still sustains its challenges. Osun state govt tried it and it is a success. The feeding of the kids have not stopped yet and the employed youths are still employed. The job created still exist. Let the PDP Led - FG do its part of paying states their rightful allocation. Remember FG still owes over 70,000 staffs salary.
According to u FG should cough out every year 161 billion to feed primary school pupils, i tire oo.

1 Like

Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by DVanguard: 7:26am On Feb 28, 2015
francizy:
Guys lemme give you the real development and the best area for our government or Buhari (of he wins) to invest if they actually wanna invest in indirect jobs creation.

How many graduates are we producing per year? Why will someone pay poor people 5k monthly when there are thousands of graduates pouring out of the university like waterfall?

Currently the aim of serving our fatherland is defeated yet nobody ever looks into that area, both GEJ and Buhari. Why don't they empower employees of NYSC, empower them with business management/planning/marketing/financial management skills or releave them off their duties and employ people with business backgrounds/qualifications to become NYSC workers.

Why did I say this? It's because we need to equip our corps members with business management, business planning/marketing/market analysis/financial management skills, afterwards, these corps members should be empowered with certain amount of money to help them start their own businesses.

Corps members should go for the 3 weeks camp, paid for one month and allowed to go to their states of choice to attend the Business trainings. After all these, then empower them and you will produce wealthy people on the long run and our private sector will boom greatly.

This is my contribution.

Sorry, do you think employment or empowerment of graduates are the only way to creating jobs. How about the increasing number of unskilled, semi skilled, the university drop out, college dropout etc in the society.
I laugh, an existing working scheme that have worked successfully in a state you condemn it but you want to encourage the government to invest in training of corp members and after training them give them grants. Good analysis, but what will be the success rate of the so called corp members. How much will it cost the FG to implement this policy. How many Nigerians will be affected within a space of 1 year. The osun state policy will relieve at least 10million parents on feeding of the wards, average if 20million children are feed daily reducing the poverty index of Nigeria, the enrolment figure will increase cos it will encourage more children to attend school, average of a million job is created etc. Open your mind and see the big picture.
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by francizy(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2015
DVanguard:

Sorry, do you think employment or empowerment of graduates are the only way to creating jobs. How about the increasing number of unskilled, semi skilled, the university drop out, college dropout etc in the society.
I laugh, an existing working scheme that have worked successfully in a state you condemn it but you want to encourage the government to invest in training of corp members and after training them give them grants. Good analysis, but what will be the success rate of the so called corp members. How much will it cost the FG to implement this policy. How many Nigerians will be affected within a space of 1 year. The osun state policy will relieve at least 10million parents on feeding of the wards, average if 20million children are feed daily reducing the poverty index of Nigeria, the enrolment figure will increase cos it will encourage more children to attend school, average of a million job is created etc. Open your mind and see the big picture.

Hmmm. So it seems to you that empowering corps members with the right business management skills and financial support to go into the world and effect the real change is not good enough?

We have to learn from developed countries and how their economies are blossoming with private sector their strength base. Who are the ones mostly affected by unemployment? Is it those pupils and their parents or the recent graduates? You can't boast to be reducing employment by concentrating on the minors. Most of those parents we're talking about have at least one thing doing and are already coping. What do graduates have apart from jumping from one test center to another to write tests and go for interviews.

If one really wants to reduce the rate of unemployment, one has to firstly focus on our recent graduates who the ones mostly affected. Now you are talking of semi-skilled graduates, these are other areas they should have mentioned too. What is causing this unemployment? Are our students trained effectively? Why can't we make our universities better than they are in order to produce better graduates and reduce unemployment?

I don't want to believe this is the best they can do. I do have this to say tho, I will vote for GEJ because I don't really see any change coming. I also do not have a problem with Buhari wining the election so i wish him the very best. I will just follow you now so that if he wins the election and fails in any of his agendas or if this particular one doesn't work, then I come back here to voice this out "I told you so".

Have a great day bro.
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by DVanguard: 8:19am On Feb 28, 2015
francizy:

Hmmm. So it seems to you that empowering corps members with the right business management skills and financial support to go into the world and effect the real change is not good enough?

We have to learn from developed countries and how their economies are blossoming with private sector their strength base. Who are the ones mostly affected by unemployment? Is it those pupils and their parents or the recent graduates? You can't boast to be reducing employment by concentrating on the minors. Most of those parents we're talking about have at least one thing doing and are already coping. What do graduates have apart from jumping from one test center to another to write tests and go for interviews.

If one really wants to reduce the rate of unemployment, one has to firstly focus on our recent graduates who the ones mostly affected. Now you are talking of semi-skilled graduates, these are other areas they should have mentioned too. What is causing this unemployment? Are our students trained effectively? Why can't we make our universities better than they are in order to produce better graduates and reduce unemployment?

I don't want to believe this is the best they can do. I do have this to say tho, I will vote for GEJ because I don't really see any change coming. I also do not have a problem with Buhari wining the election so i wish him the very best. I will just follow you now so that if he wins the election and fails in any of his agendas or if this particular one doesn't work, then I come back here to voice this out "I told you so".

Have a great day bro.

It like u just want to argue because u are just looking away from facts. Did you read the post at all. The feeding scheme is a means of using one stone to kill 3 or 4 birds.
Can you please state in details how much these ur proposed policy will cost. The direct and indirect impact on the society. The possible length of implementation and sector it will affect. The number of jobs it will create. Cost of the training, how much grant will be given to the corp members, name the sector u intend to invest in, with the current power situation which biz will impact higher compared to the one stated above. Pls would love to see ur 1 year plan and the effect on the country with regards to the finance.
Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by Volksfuhrer(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2015
francizy:

Corps members should go for the 3 weeks camp, paid for one month and allowed to go to their states of choice to attend the Business trainings. After all these, then empower them and you will produce wealthy people on the long run and our private sector will boom greatly.

This is my contribution.

I admire your passion and tenacity. And I also want you to know this: you will do well.

Your points are valid for the long run. But the exigency of our economic problem necessitates drastic measures for immediate poverty relief.

J.M Keynes once controversially quipped, 'In the long run we are all dead'. You see, the incidence of poverty and unemployment in Nigeria is too monstrous to leave for the invisible hand to fix at this moment.

Nevertheless, I've got to admit that with people like you, this country would get to the Promise Land.

1 Like

Re: Response To OLISAH METUH On APC Manifesto On Job Creation by francizy(m): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

I admire your passion and tenacity. And I also want you to know this: you will do well.

Your points are valid for the long run. But the exigency of our economic problem necessitates drastic measures for immediate poverty relief.

J.M Keynes once controversially quipped, 'In the long run we are all dead'. You see, the incidence of poverty and unemployment in Nigeria is too monstrous to leave for the invisible hand to fix at this moment.

Nevertheless, I've got to admit that with people like you, this country would get to the Promise Land.

Thanks man and God bless you.

I love the fact that this thread holds peaceful discussions and not exchange of words. I believe we can achieve a lot under GMB and GEJ too. But what I want people to understand is that there's different or better alternative to every proposed action. If I'm voting for GEJ, its because I don't really see much of change coming under GMB, not because I hate him. He had erred as much as GEJ did so none of them is a perfect being.

I also know that Nigeria as a country can decide to adopt the feeding stuff but do you think/feel like all farmers will benefit from it, in a corrupt system called Nigeria.

GMB said it himself that the system has been compromised and it won't be easy tackling corruption. This corruption of a thing goes down to the masses you know. How will he ensure all farmers benefit and we not have a situation where a few monopolizes the farm produce sales because I feel the only game changer in the feeding stuff is the effect it could have on farming.

I will research on the figures my friend dVanguard asked for before replying him. Been kind of busy of late..

Thanks and God bless you bro.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Leading Lagos State! / Radio Biafra Vs Radio Chanji Vs BBC Hausa / Please Be Careful Of What You Post On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.