Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Why I Should Take A Second Wife! - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why I Should Take A Second Wife! (12215 Views)

Why I Propagate Islam - Funlola Aofiyebi Raimi / 13 Reasons Why I Embraced Islam – Emmanuel Adebayor / Marrying A Second Wife: A Muslimah's Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

I can't see how it would affect the children automatically and if it does blame both parents
Daddy will not only spend less time with his wife but also with the kids. They too struggle with questions like "why are we not enough" and end up loving/respecting their father less because of it. Guys tell me that their old man sets a bad example and ladies complain how their fathers thought process happens between his legs. The lady that was financially supporting the second woman left her husband after her 14 years old son told her he would live with his father if she didn't divorce his stepfather.

Children are obviously effected by these things. Especially if you live in the west.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by maclatunji: 6:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

This sounds better

You were the one disturbing yourself before now. grin

I told you to "cool down" repeatedly. It is not every Muslim man that fancies polygamy.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
maclatunji:

You were the one disturbing yourself before now. grin

I told you to "cool down" repeatedly. It is not every Muslim man that fancies polygamy.

Do you fancy polygamy?
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2015
Justfollowit:

Do you fancy polygamy?
You are a pain in the neck. You aren't married yet but causing this much trouble already. You too much. Chai...
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
Empiree:
You are a pain in the neck. You aren't married yet but causing this much trouble already. You too much. Chai...

You know there are actually two sides to me. I can be trouble and at the same time its opposite.

If Maclatunji had given that sought of reply I would have stopped.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by maclatunji: 12:49am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

Do you fancy polygamy?

No, I don't like the thought of my children having different mothers and perhaps, I don't think I can cope with the antics of 2 or more women as my wives.

But you know we are not the authors of our destiny but by myself, the answer is "no".
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2015
maclatunji:

No, I don't like the thought of my children having different mothers and perhaps, I don't think I can cope with the antics of 2 or more women as my wives.

But you know we are not the authors of our destiny but by myself, the answer is "no".

Smart decision
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 2:11am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

Smart decision
As for me, yes, I will marry 4 . Like it or not. Let the world continue to grow. Mac bowed to pressure. No, i wont. If i cant marry 4, at 2. Yorubas say "ka rin ka po yi ye lo n ye ni". Who is gonna marry those leftover muslim women?.

The idea that "I will not marry more than one wife" is utter rubbish. If Saudi's first King had marry 1 wife, mainstream muslims who are so proud of late Kings including the recent one would have nothing to be proud of.

Justfollowit, who will volunteer to marry "leftover women". There is no room for single mothers in Islam. I will not bow to your pressure. It's sunnah of nabiy to marry more than one if a man can afford to. I am a man. I dont need woman telling me what is or what is not. It's not about thinking of whats is btw women's leg. It's "supererogatory Sunnah". I know maclatunji just wanted you to feel better. He will marry 10 if you he can.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 3:16am On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=Justfollowit post=31567976]

You did take your time for me but I am so sorry to tell you that I am the wrong person to address in this manner.

You have just confirmed what I had written earlier- YOU ARE EMASCULATED. You feel the need to prove to yourself that you are a MAN.
You dont get it, do you?.

When did you become husband of all nations? Are you under any obligation to marry women for that purpose? Because I can't seem to remember a verse where God addressed you to marry women to save them from living alone.
And is there a verse enjoining women to be single mother?

What are you even feeling like? That women needs you because you are the man.
Yes, I am a man and there is nothing you can do about it. Women dont tell me what to do.

[s]If you want to feel like a superman, you can go jump off a cliff and if you would like to protect someone, I heard the army is recruiting[/s]

Please don't ever mention Saudi Arabia royal family when you do address me, because I am of the opinion that they all need to be slaughtered so using them to buttress your point makes me crazy.
Slaughtered?. This is powerful word borne of bigotry.

[s]You can address people anyway you choose to, but when next you address me you need to take your time. Because I don't do wannabe men. I like to dialogue with MEN.[/s]

You sure have feminist agenda. This is why i dont support so called women's rights. Even if they have good intention. The movement is always hijacked. I am sorry for you and those women around you because sooner or later you leftover women who want to control, who are too proud to be second wife or or allow their husbands to marry another woman etc end up being "topless women" like those in New York. This how they started.

Case Study:

You find a man marrying more than a woman repulsive. Here is the thing. Recently in a state in US, a guy in his late 30s or early 40s impregnated some 5-6 women out of wedlock. These women, in total bore him 30 children. None of them is fathered halal way.

Now, State is looking for his whereabouts to hold him responsible for child support. He's been evading authority for months until he got caught. Now tell me, what protection do these women have?. None. They chose to voluntarily open their factories for him for free.

Prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessings be upon him) already told us over 1400yrs ago that (in the Last Age), one man will maintain 50 women. This man's children will definitely grow up in different states. Some will end up in foster homes (this is for sure). This is what marriage do to protect them. But this doesn't mean must marry more than one. Now, whats the difference between Saudi King who married 20 women(for example), legally, halal way and a "jigolo" who impregnated 6 women who bore him 30 children, no govt recognition of their union, not halal way, and the children will definitely suffer some sort of parental protection?

You can hold your view that your husband can not marry another woman unless you divorce. Of-course, that's your choice. But later, you will remember empire said "I told you".

You definitely seem to have western feminist mentality. I know very well how those fellas live and of-course it is not always bad. I repeat, I will marry 4 wives if i have to. All my wives and children will live under the same roof with me. That's called "progressive movement". Not having children here and there like birds.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 3:41am On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=31568125][/quote]

My mere presence screams feminity, I don't have to wear a crop top or a bum short for the world to know that I am a female. That also applies to men, who are a degree above women. They don't try to hard, the fear and respect is handed to them on a platter of gold. But for a boy-man like you for ever consider yourself to be a degree above some except for your ilks.

If at this age you lack the knowledge of what Saudi Royal family has done and is doing to your Muslim brothers and sisters, yet you want to have 4 wives. I am sorry to say you do not even deserve to lead a girl-child not to mention a woman.

And please stop trying too hard to support your emasculation with some statustics. You just do not have it.

Am I a feminist? I don't know. But this is what I know. I believe my husband would be mini-god and I would do right by him to the best of my ability.

Baba gbogbo aye
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 3:53am On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=31568125][/quote]

Look who has the audacity to accuse me of being a feminist

You confirmed they the Saudi King had 20 wives legally and according to you they were all halal. You are more twisted than I had initially envisaged.

How does single motherhood justifies polygamy. Does it is okay for some women think it is v okay to commit zina because some emasculated men would come around all in the name of being men and all forgiving to wife them. Your logic is twisted.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 3:59am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

Look who has the audacity to accuse me of being a feminist

You confirmed they the Saudi King had 20 wives legally and according to you they were all halal. You are more twisted than I had initially envisaged.

How does single motherhood justifies polygamy. Does it is okay for some women think it is v okay to commit zina because some emasculated men would come around all in the name of being men and all forgiving to wife them. Your logic is twisted.

You dey waste your energy on keyboard. Me don made up my mind already gringrin grin shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by maclatunji: 6:31am On Mar 13, 2015
Empiree:
As for me, yes, I will marry 4 . Like it or not. Let the world continue to grow. Mac bowed to pressure. No, i wont. If i cant marry 4, at 2. Yorubas say "ka rin ka po yi ye lo n ye ni". Who is gonna marry those leftover muslim women?.

The idea that "I will not marry more than one wife" is utter rubbish. If Saudi's first King had marry 1 wife, mainstream muslims who are so proud of late Kings including the recent one would have nothing to be proud of.

Justfollowit, who will volunteer to marry "leftover women". There is no room for single mothers in Islam. I will not bow to your pressure. It's sunnah of nabiy to marry more than one if a man can afford to. I am a man. I dont need woman telling me what is or what is not. It's not about thinking of whats is btw women's leg. It's "supererogatory Sunnah". I know maclatunji just wanted you to feel better. He will marry 10 if you he can.

Bowed to pressure? This has always being my stance on the issue, the only reason why I debate polygamy with ladies like Justfollowit is that they try to lampoon it and make it look bad. This I will never support, that doesn't mean I will practice it.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by maclatunji: 6:36am On Mar 13, 2015
Sister Justfollowit, wanting death on a certain group of people is wrong. Pease moderate your comments moving forward.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 6:44am On Mar 13, 2015
maclatunji:

Bowed to pressure? This has always being my stance on the issue, the only reason why I debate polygamy with ladies like Justfollowit is that they try to lampoon it and make it look bad. This I will never support, that doesn't mean I will practice it.

i understand
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 13, 2015
Assalam alaikum.
How is everyone? Amusing post lol.

Islam sees polygyny as a rukhsa; a permission to act in a certain way if benefit can be derived or harm can be averted... Allahu a'laam. There is no greater reward for having two wives over having one; ceteris paribus.

http://islamqa.info/en/162287

This can be inferred from the above link; an answer to the question of Ali bin abi Talib (ra) being prevented by the prophet (saw) from marrying a second wife along with Fatima (ra). alRabi'a ibn al As (ra) also made a pre-marriage promise to Zaynab (ra) another daughter of the prophet (saw) not to marry another wife with her, and kept his promise. The prophet (saw) would not have dissuaded his two sons-in-law from plural marriages if that would have been an act of Ibadah on their part.
So there should not be any inference that sisters who do not wish to share their husbands are weak in Iman... for Fatima bint Muhammad (ra) was such a woman. Nor is there any doubt that making a pre marital agreement to not practice polygyny is totally permissible, since alRabi' ibn al 'as made such an agreement with the prophet (saw), the wali of Zaynab bint Muhammad (ra).

http://en.islamtoday.net/quesshow-89-1896.htm

We brothers should stop bashing sisters who do not want to share their husbands. And we should weigh the benefits of contracting such a marriage carefully against the emotional harm and rancour that would inevitably be caused to the first wife... not just follow the incredibly insensitive "marry because I can" attitude; or keep using the easily refutable "protection from zina" excuse.

Allahu a'laam.

Just for the record, marrying widows and single mothers as acts of sadaqah are beneficial marriages. Sadly, most brothers who take a second wife, marry previously unmarried women, not widows.

1 Like

Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=maclatunji post=31569270]Sister Justfollowit, wanting death on a certain group of people is wrong. Pease moderate your comments moving forward. [/quote

Is it wrong if this certain group is indirectly responsible for death of Muslims worldwide?
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 13, 2015
Abuamam:
Assalam alaikum.

Islam sees polygyny as a rukhsa; a permission to act in a certain way if benefit can be derived or harm can be averted... Allahu a'laam. There is no greater reward for having two wives over having one; ceteris paribus.

This can be inferred from the above link; an answer to the question of Ali bin abi Talib (ra) being prevented by the prophet (saw) from marrying a second wife along with Fatima (ra). alRabi'a ibn al As (ra) also made a pre-marriage promise to Zaynab (ra) another daughter of the prophet (saw) not to marry another wife with her, and kept his promise. The prophet (saw) would not have dissuaded his two sons-in-law from plural marriages if that would have been an act of Ibadah on their part.
So there should not be any inference that sisters who do not wish to share their husbands are weak in Iman... for Fatima bint Muhammad (ra) was such a woman. Nor is there any doubt that making a pre marital agreement to not practice polygyny is totally permissible, since alRabi' ibn al 'as made such an agreement with the prophet (saw), the wali of Zaynab bint Muhammad (ra).

We brothers should stop bashing sisters who do not want to share their husbands. And we should weigh the benefits of contracting such a marriage carefully against the emotional harm and rancour that would inevitably be caused to the first wife... not just follow the incredibly insensitive "marry because I can" attitude; or keep using the easily refutable "protection from zina" excuse.

Allahu a'laam.

Just for the record, marrying widows and single mothers as acts of sadaqah are beneficial marriages. Sadly, most brothers who take a second wife, marry previously unmarried women, not widows.

This is it cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh Empiree, the savior of all the single mothers, do you mind reading this post?
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2015
Abuamam:
Assalam alaikum.

Allahu a'laam.

Great post brother!
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 13, 2015
Yareey:

Great post brother!

cheesy so true

If the prophet can dissuade his son- in-laws, it follows that I can also do the same thing
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

cheesy so true

If the prophet can dissuade his son- in-laws, it follows that I can also do the same thing
Chances are that you do not even have to go thu any troubles. Just make sure your suitor knows what kind of marriage you want. That is if you really don't want to share a husband. Most guys in Europe don't even fancy polygamy so it will be alright.

Empiree is the type of guy who needs to walk over woman to feel more like a man. Seriously his King Kong post about him being a man and that no woman can tell him anything just shows what a pathetic little fella he is lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 10:50am On Mar 13, 2015
waiting i do u again?. u feel better with Abuaman's now grin hehehe. Finally you are saved grin
#yeyelady grin
Justfollowit:

This is it cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh Empiree, the savior of all the single mothers, do you mind reading this post?

1 Like

Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 10:51am On Mar 13, 2015
Yareey:

Chances are that you do not even have to go thu any troubles. Just make sure your suitor knows what kind of marriage you want. That is if you really don't want to share a husband. Most guys in Europe don't even fancy polygamy so it will be alright.

Empiree is the type of guy who needs to walk over woman to feel more like a man. Seriously his King Kong post about him being a man and that no woman can tell him anything just shows what a pathetic little fella he is lmao lipsrsealed

Hahaha tongue

He could have written ‘I will like to marry more then one if I have the means' but no he had to write a long epistle telling me what a woman can do or cannot do and the reason why he would do it shocked .

That did it for me.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2015
Empiree:
waiting i do u again?. u feel better with Abuaman's now grin hehehe. Finally you are saved grin
#yeyelady grin

Yes o

I am feeling better
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

Hahaha tongue

He could have written ‘I will like to marry more then one if I have the means' but no he had to write a long epistle telling me what a woman can do or cannot do and the reason why he would do it shocked .

That did it for me.
I think that he is baiting for reactions, at least that's what I hope. If not then I pray he show his real views before marrying some naive little girl..
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 11:05am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

Hahaha tongue

That did it for me.
Okay, if this referred to me, then you might need to check my previous posts where i made similar statement. But did you agree?. No. That's why i gave you hard time cus me and mac tried to tell u it's simply permitted to take another wife for any reason but you ain't comfortable either grin so it is perfect for empire to play along

2 Likes

Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 11:08am On Mar 13, 2015
Yareey:

I think that he is baiting for reactions, at least that's what I hope. If not then I pray he show his real views before marrying some naive little girl..

grin grin grin if this was meant for me, you got it. I dey enjoy her conversation. You nailed it grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2015
Yareey:

I don't think so, he seems like the type.
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

One thing is certain, he is not your worry. So don't take his bait!
Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Empiree: 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Justfollowit:

i dey give u headache

1 Like

Re: Why I Should Take A Second Wife! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2015
Empiree:
i dey give u headache

If I hear

I dey pity the women that would end up with you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Man Who Stole Some Flour And Lessons From The Quran / Can A Pregnant Or A Nursing Mother Fast During Ramadan? / Who Are Ahmadiyya Or Qadianiyya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.