Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers (63777 Views)

Imo State Farmers And Intending Farmers / 80 Acres Of Land Basically For Plantain Available For Cultivation In Ogbomoso / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2015
SamuelAgent:

Thanks for the info.
You are welcome
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:12pm On Mar 07, 2015
After all the buds have been destroyed,then the hybrid suckers are treated with fungicide.
2teaspoon of the powdered chemical is.poured into about 1litre of water, mixed together and then the paired sucker is placed inside for at least 24hrs

Will be back later in the day to shed more light.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:38am On Mar 08, 2015
They are planted at a spacing of 5cm to each other after the fungicide are apllied.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
Within 2-3 weeks of planting, the new disease free tissue cultured hybrid suckers begins to come out.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:18pm On Mar 08, 2015
The suckers was covered with sawdust and wet.
Wetting at the first time requires more water.
About 900 litres was use to wet each chamber of 3.5m*2m

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
After 3 weeks,the hybrid tissue cultured suckers begin to come out.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
After 5 weeks, it looks like this.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:33pm On Mar 08, 2015
After 5 weeks, its gently removed with 2-3leaves and placed in a black polythene bag for another 3weeks.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2015
Its then placed in a polythene black

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2015
The tissue cultured hybrid suckers ready for planting on the field.
I will be explaining further later on the advantages of using tissue cultured hybrid suckers.

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by tnktosin(m): 12:32am On Mar 09, 2015
This is awesome man. Please drop your contact, I see where we've been getting it wrong already.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
tnktosin:
This is awesome man. Please drop your contact, I see where we've been getting it wrong already.
Yes,thats the purpose of this thread;to help you see where you are getting it wrong and intending farmers that will be starting plantain this season.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
I think i have achieved the first objective of this thread which is to show you that the one of the ways to successful and profitable plantain farming business is to make use of the tissue cultured suckers.

Its also for knowledge sake which is to learn and know whats needed to be done when venturing into plantain cultivation.

You now have 2 choices now

1.Whether to use any type of suckers for your farm and get your finger burnt or

2. To use the tissue hybrid suckers and thank me later on.

The advantages of tissue cultured suckers are numerous
1.Disease free farms ( You can check the first page of this thread for more info).

2.Uniform growth of plantain resulting in uniform harvest thereby increasing your profit.

I have seen someone said that uniform harvesting not possible,maybe thats why some people never gets the desired result.
Same age of plantain and uniform.growth,you are sure to have that.

I will show you how to achieve that on this thread.

3.There is no.need to apply fertiliser to.your plantain 3months after planting which will save you the cost of buying or transporting fertiliser to.your farm.
This make you to save cost and at the end of the day result in more profit.

I will still explain more on each of the advantages and keep you posted on any advantages that .might.come to my mind later on.

I hope after reading through my thread,i will stop reading comments from agro-preneurs that plantain is not a profitable farming business.

....stay connected

3 Likes

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Johnnyessence(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
bro Lesgup Thks for d pictures and explanation sir.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:59am On Mar 10, 2015
Take advantage of my FREE consultancy services.
contact me today and let me advise you about how to start your plantain business on a profitable note.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Iyemik: 6:33am On Mar 12, 2015
@Lesgupnigeria, pls how long does it take to germinate and can it be planted in set?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:28am On Mar 12, 2015
Iyemik:
@Lesgupnigeria, pls how long does it take to germinate and can it be planted in set?
it matures about 11 months after planting.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Iyemik: 9:11am On Mar 12, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

thanks, which means One can only harvest once in a yea
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Iyemik: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

thanks, which means One can only harvest once in a year
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 12, 2015
Educative one. Weldone sir.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:43pm On Mar 13, 2015
Iyemik:

thanks, which means One can only harvest once in a year
Yes.
you are welcome
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Firstman01:
Educative one. Weldone sir.
Thank you sir.God bless you.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Starting out alone in agribusiness might not be the best thing to do.
Partner with the professional so that you dont learn through your own experience.
Learning from the experience of the professional will save you a lot of stress.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by INFOTECH2: 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

What is the frequency of harvest after the first harvest?
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2015
INFOTECH2:

What is the frequency of harvest after the first harvest?
Frequency of harvest after the first is less than the first harvest depending on how you manage the farm.
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:26am On Mar 14, 2015
If you can supply not less than 5000 plantain bunches per week,please contact me on 08092034147,08164628081
its urgent
thanks
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
If you can supply not less than 5000 plantain
bunches per week,please contact me on
its urgent
thanks
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2015
its urgent
thanks
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:16am On Mar 16, 2015
Get more useful agribusiness info from practical experience this week.
it promises to be impactful

stqy connected and glued to this thread
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2015
Its urgent.
Thanks
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2015
Do agric...create wealth
Re: A Must Read For Plantain Farmers And Intending Farmers by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
Its urgent.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Folja Global Multiconcept... Fgm Where To Buy Day Old Chicks (doc) Online In Nig / How To Start Pig Farm Business In Nigeria / The Biggest Rice Pyramids In Africa, Built With 1M Bags Of Rice (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.