Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (64621 Views)

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) / US Mission Shares Photos Of Ikun Dairy Farm In Ekiti State / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Angelanest: 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
A Nigerian man named Fakorede Sola, has taken to Facebook to lament his loss after his farm was set on fire by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Ekiti state. According to the distraught man, he invested his live savings on the farm because of the passion he has for farming before it was set on fire by the herdsmen because they were warned to stop their activities on the farm.

Read what he shared online;

Four Years ago, I went back to to the farm.Invested my life savings and borrowed more money from friends. Took bank loan. Considering the future and invested in my passion. Got labour from locals and also employed few from Benin Republic.

Planted over 4,000 stands of palm tree; over 2,000 stands of plantain; over 500 stands of cashew and about 300 stands of Cocoa.

I was always excited traveling to Ekiti twice a month from my base in Lagos to monitor the progress of my passion and investment.

Unfortunately, my hope was dashed this morning when I got the call that Fulani Herdsmen set my farm ablaze last night. Just because they were warned by my workers to stop their activities on the farm.

Is this how we will continue?

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/mans-farm-set-ablaze-by-fulani-herdsmen-in-ekiti-state.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by madridguy(m): 5:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ok
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Angelanest: 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
cc; lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by HisSexcellency(m): 5:23pm On Feb 04, 2018

I don't understand why people treat Fulani herdsmen as if they are above the law in this country.

Left for me, any Fulani herdsman you see in the bush kill the motherfvvcker and bury his body deep in the ground and move on with your life. But if he lives in the town or city and engaging in meaningful and none nomadic business, let him be because he is not a terrorist.

Modified
But seriously, looking closely at the pictures provided, it doesn't look like a plantation of cocoa, cashews or plantain as stated by the man. It's just an uncleared piece of land left to fallow.

195 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:24pm On Feb 04, 2018
Chai, dodge for one corner, u will get them tomorrow. They are still coming to pack the ashes. grin

7 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by bizznew: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
Sorry for the loss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 5:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
Maybe these guys want to push Nigeria into another civil war but this time they will be at the receiving end

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
This is the change seun campaigned for. He and his kith should enjoy it while it lasts.

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by ibori1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
y did u step on my shadow, u wan injure my spirit?gel its over

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by horsepower101: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Just another normal day in the southwest where the accommodators are accommodating the Fulanis that they helped vote into power.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Odkosh: 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
These Fulani people are bastards.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
xxxxx
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Lomprico2: 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
Pele

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
xxxxx

I hope homeboy wasn’t one of those who argued for Buhari & bleated change all over the place.

—-

If yes, then welcome to DanFoderia.

12 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by ettybaba(m): 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
haryorbarmie83:
Chai, dodge for one corner, u will get them tomorrow. They are still coming to pack the ashes. grin
That wasn't an intelligent comment.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by haryorbarmie83(m): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
ettybaba:

That wasn't an intelligent comment.
is like yours is dullard comment.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Agritech(m): 5:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
This does not look like a burnt 4 years old palm and plantain farm to me.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Homeboiy: 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
I need before n after pix

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by enyi1: 6:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Your Afonja folks connived for this change just out of hatred for GEJ. So what do you want us to say now that your change has come. We must brace up and enjoy this change together. Sai Baba till 2023!

35 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
Do unto others what you want others to do unto you. I lf this story is true, then it is very sad. This is why we are calling for #ConmercialCattleRanching, let everyone respect the property rights of the other.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by kettykings: 6:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
horsepower101:
Just another normal day in the southwest where the accommodators are accommodating the Fulanis that they helped vote into power.

i think we igbos should be preparing to use whatever means possible and not possible to defend our selves should the fulani hersmen miscalculate and venture into the east again, these same people inthe South west and middle belt will be pretending as if nothing is happening in their areas up until it crosses into the east which i never pray it happens, it is then that you will see usless champions in defending one Nigeria with the useless last drop of their hupocritical blood where as they cannot spare a drop of sweat to defend their god forsaken land

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
Buhari sad sad

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
dirty self
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by GavelSlam: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
God punish Fayose.

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by EagleScribes: 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
Divide this country, the bubu dullard said no.
Here's the result afterwards

4 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by naijaking1: 8:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
GavelSlam:
God punish Fayose.

You mean Buahri?

11 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by mrvitalis(m): 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
Honestly this looks so much like a lie

Burn palm trees and plantain with no single trace and this land looks too small to contain 4000 stand of palm trees that would require over 25 hectares that's close to 400 plots that's for the palm trees alone

I'm just saying

I'm 100% against herdman but this right here is a lie or over exaggerated truth

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by GavelSlam: 8:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
naijaking1:

You mean Buahri?

God punish Fayose.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Iamnobody: 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Some of these fulani herdsmen stories don’t make sense. Every act of violence now is linked to them.... Thanks to the present administration

8 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by prinsam30: 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
and where the hell is Nigeria vs Morocco final

these mods una well so, push this tin to FP na

today Na final Na abi una don forget

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Mynd44, what's your take on these herdsmen wahala...This was not the change we campaigned for na...was it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afforestation In Kano: See What My Team And I Are Doing On The Streets Of Kano / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.