Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Mallforafrica And Their Charges. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mallforafrica And Their Charges. (3475 Views)

First Bank And Their Charges / Shopping Experience With Mallforafrica.com / Fellow Mini Importers-what Do You think about Mallforafrica.com Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mallforafrica And Their Charges. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:25pm On Feb 27, 2015
It's not pleasant doing business in Nigeria because of poor infrastructure and other mitigating factors.Ordinarily,one would expect thriving businesses to play within set boundaries and not shoot themselves in the foot.

I saw the ongoing promo($7 ships all from selected sites) and decided to take advantage of it.Before now,MallForAfrica promos were only open to webcard holders which was deliberate;they needed something to entice customers to get the card-that's a fair tactic.I ordered a couple of items and I saw their charges(custom,MFA fee and tax)...it was fair too.
I got the shock of my life when it was time to pay.They pegged their exchange rate at $1 to 225 naira. shocked Shouldn't the interbank rate determine exchange rate here since I wanted to use my MasterCard?Why the black market rate?

Where is the CPC(Consumer Protection Council) when you need them? undecided

My candid advice to MallForAfrica-You are operating in a saturated market...you should focus on customer satisfaction and not ripping off your customers.

2 Likes

Re: Mallforafrica And Their Charges. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2015
You entered one chance.
Re: Mallforafrica And Their Charges. by smileoly(f): 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:
It's not pleasant doing business in Nigeria because of poor infrastructure and other mitigating factors.Ordinarily,one would expect thriving businesses to play within set boundaries and not shoot themselves in the foot.

I saw the ongoing promo($7 ships all from selected sites) and decided to take advantage of it.Before now,MallForAfrica promos were only open to webcard holders which was deliberate;they needed something to entice customers to get the card-that's a fair tactic.I ordered a couple of items and I saw their charges(custom,MFA fee and tax)...it was fair too.
I got the shock of my life when it was time to pay.They pegged their exchange rate at $1 to 225 naira. shocked Shouldn't the interbank rate determine exchange rate here since I wanted to use my MasterCard?Why the black market rate?

My candid advice to MallForAfrica-You are operating in a saturated market...you should focus on customer satisfaction and not ripping off your customers.

They dont even want to honor card payment. they are only interested in webcard owners.
Re: Mallforafrica And Their Charges. by NadineO: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2015
And today it's a whooping N231 to $1.. Terrific[size=8pt][/size] And to think that I really loved them.. embarassed
Re: Mallforafrica And Their Charges. by Obynolee(f): 11:17am On Oct 05, 2015
WoodcrestMayor:

Who told you that 225/$ ils black market price?,GTB charges thé dame rate André i use UBA master card last Month and was charges 232/$.Forger our commercial banks pls

(1) (Reply)

Egger Board Lagos / All You Need To Know About Palmpay Android Pos And How To Get It / My Experience With First Bank Insurance Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.